Rate Dr. R. Monson

Dr. R. Monson's Ratings

I had an apt today and did wait an hour but I must say I liked her she listened to what I had to say and I like that in a Dr. I would recommend her Yes the office was busy but what DR'S office these day's aren't. I would go back to her and I am having my procedures done with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I waited several months to see this doctor. I went to my appointment on time and waited in the clinic for well over an hour. I was greeted by her RN who told me to disrobe for examination. She breezed in very quickly, said hello and asked why I was in to see her. She looked at my issue, and said, I'll be back, and disappeared. In the meantime I read postings on the wall (for the staff) about types of biopsies. Her RN returned about 10 minutes after she disappeared, to get a tray ready. I asked him what he was doing, he replied he was getting a tray ready for biopsy. I replied that while waiting I had informed myself, and wanted to know which one he was doing. He gave me an answer and proceeded to explain. She returned and did the biopsy herself. I asked,"what are you checking for?" She answered,"everything". I hardly felt a thing when she did the biopsy and give her great credit for her skills in this area. Her mannerism rates a "0". I have a right to know what is going on with my body

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2428940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Monson is beyond horrible! I waited an hour to see her, she came in and spent 2 minutes asking me questions that had no relevance to what I was there for, and she was rude! She wants you in, and out! She doesn't care what your issue is, she goes on for 2 minutes and makes you feel stupid when you ask questions! It was so uncomfortable, that as soon as I left her office, I called my family doctor and had her give me a referral to another dermatologist. I Never want to see that lady again...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2428939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

I waited over an hour to see her, and when she finally came to see me, she had me disrobe and sit alone in the exam room for another 20 mins. She was not thorough and did not seem to care about me or my problem. She just said to get blood work and that she'd call me with the results. It's been over a month and I still haven't heard anything from her or her staff. Absolutely terrible doctor and I will never be returning. We can also note the fact that I had to wait 5 months to actually see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

waited over an hour to see her. In retrospect, I wish I had walked out of the office along with the couple that did from the waiting room today. she did not care. she apologized for the long wait without even looking at my face, and took all of 5 seconds to examine me. I had a mole beneath my hair which she missed seeing because she didn't bother moving my hair over in order to see beneath it. this woman does not deserve to be responsible for the care of others. she has no passion for dermatology and no people skills. I will never return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

staff very good her nurse very helpful Dr Monson diagnosed possible problems requisitioned an ointment 3 days later great improvement on my way to recovery. knows her stuff. highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! 2 HOURS LATE, WAITING IN MEDICAL ROOM FOR 45 MINS, SHE CAME IN SPENT TWO MINS, LEAVE CAME BACK AFTER 20MINS, SPENT ANOTHER 2 MINS AND THATS IT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2013

In response to person on 6/25/2013, your response is most selfish, self-centered and uninformed. How do you rate a doctor as 1 for knowledge when you never saw them! Dr. Monson has been my dermatologist for 5 years and she is the MOST knowledgable doctor I have ever met. You are NOT going to get your hair done, you are going to see a medical professional who is probably dealing with other patients with major health issues or telling a family their relative has cancer. Maybe that's why you had to wait for an hour... does that deserve such a selfish response by you? I am sure if it was you with the new diagnosis of skin cancer, you would appreciate her taking the time to answer your questions. If you actually saw Dr. Monson for a REAL medical problem, you would NEVER complain about having to wait an hour. As Ontario taxpayers, we all appreciate that you "used your feet" and left her office before being seen since we didn't have to pay for your non-urgent, unnecessary medical appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

I never actually saw Dr. Monson. She kept me waiting so long that I left in disgust, especially since I arrived on time for my "appointment" and someone who arrived later was seen ahead of me. Her third-world style walk-in clinic in a suburban strip mall is over-crowded and dirty. The receptionist is apathetic. I would never consider returning to this doctor. Most of these comments, even the ones praising Dr. Monson, mention the long wait. Clearly she overbooks intentionally to maximize her payments at patients' expense, and that is unacceptable. As for the comment from the person who stated that patients should stop whining about long wait times, I say stop being so compliant when a doctor doesn't respect you. Stand up for your rights, and vote with your feet!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I saw the doctor today! Yes I did wait about forty five minutes, but the doctor was worth the wait. She was pleasant, well mannered,informed me reasons for my hair loss, knowledgeable and wrote a prescription for me. She is very thorough and to ensure there is nothing else going on, I will be doing blood work. She is a great doctor and there really should be more doctors like her!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849806].votes_count ]]