Rate Dr. Phillip P. Sukel

Dr. Phillip P. Sukel's Ratings

Mixed feelings of this place. They do have the new high tech tools but YOU will pay for them. I have to say on my initial visit I was put off right away that the office is in an industrial park with factories and such around. Then I saw a huge purlple neon tooth glowing in the window. My gut told me this place is a rip off but I had to see someone. Rgith away first thing is full 3D xray that costs hundreds. Then while waiting in my chair I see on THEIR computer monitors and taped message saying "Make sure to get Xrays and MLR's on ALL patients with insurance". How tacky is that!! Then while leaving I find they are charging me an emergancy fee even though I didnt ask or say it was an emergancy. THEY told me they had a cancellation that day. So I agree with everyone that says beware that this is a insurance/money racket BUT with that said I do believe they have 2 qualified dentists. Too bad they are taking the low road

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I was worried after reading the reviews. I was looking for a more natural dentist. I went in and had no problem. I had several cavities that was shown to me. I've gone back to have them fixed. My brother and his family have had a great experience too. I've never felt pressured. I've seen both Dr.'s they are both very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606349].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I saw Dr. Sukel for the first time today. I was told over the phone that he could tell me if I have cavitations (bacteria in the bone where root canals or extractions have been done), by looking at my jaw bones with a panoramic X-ray. I had the X-ray done first by a technition, who seemed very nice and professional. I waited in an office for Dr. Sukel. He finally comes in and introduces himself and starts shoot off questions in a very condescending tone. He says he cannot tell if I have cavitations, but he would need to do a comprehensive exam and get a detailed history and would be able to determine if I have cavitations. I asked why he couldn't tell if I have cavitations with the X-ray, and he rattles off, "because you don't have any root canals, but you do have gum disease!". I tried to ask again how he could determine if I have cavitations by physically looking at my teeth. Then he says that the gum disease may be the cause of my physical problems. He was very rude.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][849822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2013

He is money hungry, just looking to make money and not worried about you. First thing I was asked about was sleep apnea, a Dentist? Then talked about am I stresses? And trying to sell me a stress system, a Dentist? Went to him because of his advertise, exam and X-rays $49.00. They charge $120. Claimed the add was different. Then want to do something else another $300.00. All I want was the price to fix one tooth; he said he has to check the whole mouth before he would give me a price. Office manager not a nice person just wants money. I would never go back to him if he was the only dentist around, I would suffer in pain. If you have money to throw away see Dr. Phil.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][849824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2013

I am saddened by my experiences with this Dr. He seems knowledgeable and his office is clean. I am very sensitive to mercury and metals, but then ended up feeling conned out of alot of money. He has you sit in his office and guilt trips you into doing procedures that are unnessary and turns out more harm then good. He caught me off guard one morning as I was in a rush to get my fillings filled and get home to an infant. He talked me into getting a bite adjustment in which he ended up sanding down all my teeth including the ones in the front. I am a woman who cares about her appearance and always had a nice smile. Now I'm embarrassed to smile. His scam - I was going to lose my teeth if I didn't do the adjsmnt because I grind my teeth. A year later I got a letter in the mail asking me to respond if I was coming back to the office or they were canceling my file.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][849823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

I recently was looking for a dentist that would remove my metal/mercury fillings and replace them with composite fillings. I found Dr Sukel takes extra precautions to ensure the safe removal of mercury based fillings. It is true they are not contracted with insurance companies, but are more than willing to help you file with your insurance company. (they do accept insureance but not contracted with any insurance) It did cost a little more than other dentists but, for the extra care for my teeth I felt it was well worth it. I will continue with them for my dental cleanings and other dental needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

As new patients we also had a negative experience with Dr. Sukel and staff and agree with the previous comment. For something routine,it was painful & awkward. Be prepared to be sized up for what you can be charged.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

I worked as a temp assistant for Dr Sukel and found him respectful,kind and caring to his patients and staff. I find his dentistry/artistry to be extremely well done! He is dedicated to improving the overall health and wellness of his patients; not only their teeth. I can recommend 3 out of the 15+ dentists I've worked with over the years; Dr Sukel is certainly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2009

This dentist is very rude and condascending. He overcharges people. He acts like a used car salesman. I ended up walking out on him and not paying him a penny. His staff and him tells you one thing on the phone and another in the office. Be warned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849818].votes_count ]]