Rate Dr. Deborah M. Axelrod

Dr. Deborah M. Axelrod's Ratings

I am a 9 year survivor of breast cancer THANKS to Dr. Deborah Axelrod's above excellent skills as a Doctor & Surgeon. She is knowledgeable, has great bedside manners, and explains the diagnosis with a detail explanation of the facts, but with respect and compassion. I felt 100% being in her care and refused any second opinions I was offered. I am so lucky to have been referred to her and to have the honor of meeting such a great talented surgeon and beautiful person as is Dr Axelrod. L.B.B.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2605932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Many surgeons just perform the procedure and then they are finished with you. Dr. Axelrod is very caring -- she called the night before the procedure to see how I was doing, and was very supportive during the hospital stay and after. Her team is very organized and work together very well. She is very good at explaining what you need to know before, during and after your procedure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2494317].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I am celebrating my 8th year of being cancer free today. I was diagnosed with a very rare form of breast cancer, and Dr. Axelrod knew exactly what it was, as well as her pathologist. She did not "sugar" coat anything. She told me exactly what had to be done, and it had to be done ASAP. After being home, I received a notice that I needed to have more surgery. I panicked. I called her office, she was in surgery, and needless to say, she spoke to me from the operating room telling me everything was fine, and I didn't need another surgery. She is tops in her field. I would recommend anyone to go see her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2428981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Having completed two surgeries with Dr. Axelrod over the last three years, she continues to be a superior oncological surgeon. She is very thorough and is not quick to bring her patients back to the operating room. She is on top of all breast cancer surgical and oncological techniques and will translate with ease to her patients. This is a very well run office. Starting with the receptionist to the nurses, you always feel well taken care of at all times. Dr. Axelrod instills confidence in her patients and makes herself available. She understands both the physical and emotional pieces of breast cancer. These critical skills contribute to her success. Dr. Axelrod and her staff are a very caring team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][850678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2014

She is the most knowledgeable doctor you can find. She is caring and compassionate with a no nonsense approach to everything. She is a tireless advocate for women. When not in her office or at the hospital she is conducting seminars for women. She saved my life 16 years ago.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][850677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Axelrod is a wonderful person and dedicated physician. I would trust her with my breast health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][850676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Axelrod used to be great until she moved to nyu. Maybe she is overwhelmed with patients now, but to have had her save my life ten years ago and completely abandon me this year when the breast cancer began spreading and to give me no other guidance than to write me a note to go see a "medical oncologist" without any referrals delayed the final diagnosis by almost six months. Over a month and a half goes by with a reasonable question to check my past mammos that were flagged by another place, but reread at nyu and a sequential set done six months before the cancer spread. A fair question to check if this is the original cancer or another one developed in the 2nd breast. What happens? 1 month later, am called recommending to have someone review the films, forgetting they are all at the nyu cancer institute. In the past, I would have sang her praises, now that I am dying and she abandoned me, I really do not have anything to lose, do I?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][850675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2012

i was so lucky to have her: prepare for a bit longer waiting time, it's worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][850674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2011

Brilliant and knowledgeable surgeon who has a heart for her patients. Although breast cancer is the scariest event in my life, Dr. Axelrod has been there for me by her knoweldge, counsel and care. She provides you the time you need during your appointments and her staff have been trained by the best. Dr. Axelrod has high standards for herself and it definitely filters down through everyone you interact with in her office. Although, Dr. Axelrod extolls that you must be your advocate, she is always there for you with the mountains of information that is available to you. I have learned so much from her. So many people ask why not MSK? No need to when you have the best Surgeon with Dr. Axelrod and NYU Cancer Center is a model in patient care for breast cancer. I am going through it and I know how good they are. Dr. Axelrod is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][850673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2011

Felt well taken care of, no doubts. Dr.Axelrod is aggressive and inspires comfort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][850672].votes_count ]]