Dr. Carl Postighone

Website: doctorsp.com External Link
Practice: Associates In Internal Med
Hospital:
Phone:973-514-1767
Med. School:New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology
Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Carl Postighone has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.4
RID: 3644047
29/12/13 3 1 3 3 Always wait for a loooong time to get in exam room. Sadly, pharm reps are let in before patients usually causing the delay. Prescribes too quickly. If I had stayed with the practice I'd be a medicated mess. Wasn't happy with care of my elderly father either and has put other family members on so many unnecessary meds- must be all those pharmaceutical representatives lining the doctor's pockets.  Respond
RID: 3625621
05/12/13 1 1 1 4 Went for a physical. The doctor arrived late to the office and I had a short exam. The EKG tech had trouble doing my EKG and after trying several times she had to ask for help. The girl who drew the blood also needed help after making my arm swell up like a balloon because she went into a muscle instead of a vein. The arm later turned black and blue and it still hurts after 2 weeks. Also, The lab tech in the office requested incorrect lab tests. She forgot to ask the lab for a lipid cholesteral panel which is why I went for the physical in the first place. She also forgot to send urine for a special urine test I needed. Incompetent staff, very negligent. SCARY. The lab report had some results that needed immediate attention and they never called me. When I called them for results, they said I was not a concierge patient so they did not have to call me even if I had irregular lab results. SCARY. Don't go if you are not concierge and pay extra fees.
RID: 3575193
21/10/13 2 3 1 4 Dr. Postighone is technically a good doctor, but his practice's move to "concierge service" a couple of years ago plus being told by the front desk staff that he does not call back patients NOT on this service (but I could schedule an office visit and pay again the co-pay, for a question I had about a test result less than a week before) was my reason to leave the practice. And before I had that experience and was an active patient, my mother who was visiting me, was taken by ambulance to the hospital he has admitting privileges to at the time - Morristown Medical Center. The ER doc paged him several times and he never called. The page used my name as the patient to motivate a call back. The ER doc stated that was usual for him, so NOT the reputation I want for my internist with the Emergency Dept. of the hospital he admits his patients to. Now the practice is affiliated with Barnabas Medical Center. Let's hope he answers the pages of the ER docs there!
RID: 2708853
15/07/13 5 5 5 5 I used to be afraid to go to the doctor but both Dr. Postighone and his staff put you at ease. He is extremely knowledgeable and I highly recommend him.
RID: 2645487
10/05/13 5 5 5 5 My whole family/members are being take care of this good doctor
RID: 2386746
28/07/12 5 5 5 5 I have NEVER had a doctor this good. Kind, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable. A true gift to the medical community. Highly recommend!  Respond
RID: 1181957
03/06/10 4 3 5 5 It's nice to find a doctor who listens to you, answers your questions and treats you like a partner in your healthcare. The front office staff are professional and the phlebotomist is very good. There are some quirky office practices, like paying you co-pay in cash only & $ 1/page for a copy of a lab report. But on the whole, an excellent doctor with a professional staff.
RID: 1107944
17/02/10 3 1 3 3 It took 15 mins to fill out the computerized application, then I waited 30 mins to see the dr. for some routine blood work. (Someone at work had recommended him.) He was pleasant. My blood work was fine, and I wanted a copy of the results...Dr. Postighone's office charged me $1 a page ($7 total) for this. I saw another D.O. in a different office (same building) who said $1 a page was "a little high." This other doctor's office staff said they'd charge for copying "a lot" of records, and seemed surprised I was charged for something so minor. Dr. Postighone just left the practice where I saw him, so maybe the $1 per page was a policy there. I would ask before I set up an appointment!
RID: 1024674
03/11/09 5 4 5 5 If you want a Dr. that takes the time to listen to you,asks and answers questions,treats patients with care and respect and has GREAT support staff, this is the Dr's. office for you .I have been a patient for more that 10 years
RID: 1013742
20/10/09 5 5 5 5 A great doctor, with sense of responsability! Im glad to have a doctor like Him.  Respond
RID: 899546
28/05/09 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Carl's for MANY years actually when he first started his practice. Both he AND his practice partner, Martin Pontecorvo are in fact THE most compasionate men I have eve had as a Primary Care Doctor. They have seen me through many trials and health crisis issues. I can say I am probably at my healthiest I have ever been in my life in large part to the care I received from Dr. Carl Postighone. I use to live regionally close to their practice, and I do not now, but I do NOT care about having to travel over an hour to receive the care I get from him. He's a great Doctor, because he will LISTEN and that's an awsome skill to have mastered with managed care dictating to physicians to only spend 5-7 minutes with each patient. That does not let Carl stop him. He will listen and treat you with care and respect. HE IS THE BEST!!
RID: 472254
28/12/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Postighone is incredible. For someone that is terrified to go to the doctor, he has made the experince very easy.I am glade I found him.
RID: 459411
07/12/07 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Postighone's for 10 years. He is a sincerely passionate man who cares deeply for his patients. He is an extremely knowledgeable and professional doctor. Dr. Postighone takes his time to explain in detail any concerns and I feel very comfortable asking him any personal questions, which is not in my nature. He truly is an amazing doctor, human being and a rare gem. Everyone who I recommended to him, loved him as well. The office staff is effecient and courteous.
RID: 445093
16/11/07 5 4 5 5 He is a great family doctor who really cares about you and goes out of his way to make sure you are ok. He remembers you from one visit to another. I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 436933
31/10/07 3 5 5 5 I've been going to Dr. Postighone for a long time now, he was recommended by my gynocologist. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor, both knowledge and bedside manner. He truly cares about his patients and their health. I highly recommend him.
RID: 422507
01/10/07 3 5 5 5 Dr. Postighone is the best there is. I've been to lots of family doctors, none come close to his thoughtfullness, knowledge and professionalism. Plus, he's a great guy.
RID: 416625
22/09/07 3 5 5 5 This was the worst thing about moving out of state. He was more than a Dr. he treated us like family members.We were patients for more than 10 years, he saved my husbands life more than once. I truly love him.  Respond
RID: 380820
07/08/07 5 3 5 5 I have used Dr.Postighone for many years, He saved my life by diagnosing a clogged artery that resulted in an emergency angioplasty. I have full confidence in him  Respond
RID: 324672
21/05/07 5 5 5 Spends time and asks lot of questions. He truely cares. He actually is concerned about my health. Breath of fresh air.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 36449
17/07/06 5 5 5 Old fashion doctor who truly cares about his patients. He's the best!