Rate Dr. Richard Leger

Dr. Richard Leger's Ratings

My recently had surgery with Dr Leger at LASIK MD. I was very excited to go through with the surgery. My glasses were always a pain, I never liked wearing them an found they were always getting foggy and caused me to not pre take in some activities. As for my contacts they were more on the expensive side and I had many issues with them such as - dry eyes, eye infections and always needing a case and solution handy. I knew going forth with surgery would be life changing and it would be helpful in the long run of not being held back such as swimming, going on vacation and always needing to repurchase. My prescription was on the higher side and my astigmatism was more than average. Surgery was my answer and I couldn't have waited any sooner.

The day of surgery everyone in the clinic was very friendly , professional and supportive. The eye care specialist took their time and made sure I was comfortable with my answers. They answered all my questions before going into surgery and also assured me I had prepared my self for surgery ( using drops 4 times a day before surgery and wearing glasses a week prior) The clinical counselor walked through the consent forms and made sure I understood what to expect and answered all my questions in regards to taking care of my self. When I got called back into the dark area to get ready for surgery the girl in the back was very friendly, she had all the patients happy and kept the support level high. When I got called into the operating room , I was greeted by Dr.Leger- He walked me through the surgery and let me ask any questions , he reassured me I was a great candidate . I was helped out by his assistants. They sat me down and gave me squeeze balls in case I was nervous. They were very friendly and let me take my time to prepare myself. Dr.Leger walked me through the whole surgery and let me know what to expect and everything that was going on, aside from that he reassured me I was going great and that we were close to being done. After completing the surgery I was very emotional - I could finally see and I couldn't have been happier. I knew my recovery rate would be easy and I would be seeing in no time.

Dr.Leger was an amazing surgeon and I give him great thanks for preforming the surgery and giving me my vision. I always thought I would be in contacts but after this surgery I am so thankful for my vision, its clear, sharp and I can see better than ever! I am so happy with the recovery rate and feeling amazing! I no longer need to take out my contacts or wake up 10 mins earlier to put in my contacts. I can see from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep. Thank you very much to the LASIKMD clinic, the staff and the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Great surgeon, I can see 20/20 without glasses for the first time in 15 years! awesome surgeon and staff at Lasik MD Calgary! Thank you all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. Leger was an amazing surgeon! The procedure was so quick and painless! I was a little nervous prior to the procedure, but before the surgery, Dr. Leger took time to re-explain everything to me and reassure me. Before I knew it, the surgery was over! My recovery was quick and very easy. I highly recommend this procedure to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I went to Lasik MD to see if I could have corrective surgery as my prescription was so high…I was so impressed by the level of professionalism and care to which each test was conducted. The staff was so enthusiastic and caring! They shared with me their own experiences and made me feel completely at ease. Day of surgery I still had a couple of questions but they took the time and made sure I was comfortable and informed. While I was waiting for my surgery I heard patients raving about how nice Dr Leger was and how smooth the procedure went. Dr Leger took time to talk to me about any last questions and explained the procedure. He made me feel completely at ease. You know you are in great hands as soon as you meet him! After, the assistants in the surgery room and in the aftercare area were very attentive.It has been just over 2 weeks since my procedure and I am feeling at the top of the world! I can see without glasses finally after 28 years!! I would do it all over again if I had to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2012

I recently had PRK surgery after contemplating it for nearly 5 years. I was very nervous prior to surgery and the staff really took the time to answer all of my questions and to reassure me. Dr. Leger also reassured me when I entered the operating room, stating that he would take care of everything! This was very comforting. He walked he through the entire procedure and was very patient with me. He was great! My prescription was previously -8.00 and -9.00 and now I can see so well! It has been life changing! Don't wait!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

I recently had lasik on both of my eyes and Dr Leger was terriffic. He made sure that I was not affraid and guided me through the whole procedure. The staff made me feel comfortable and calm. I was given more than enough information about the procedure as well as what to expect. I now have 20/20 vision and I am so happy with all of the staff at LASIK MD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dr.Leger made me feel at ease in the O.R. I was nervous going into the surgery, but he was very reassuring and caring. He took the time to answer all my questions prior. He guided me throughout the whole procedure, I knew exactly what to expect. It has been a month since my surgery and I am very happy with my new eyes! Ty!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2012

I recently got new eyes from LasikMD, and am enjoying them a lot. At first I was nervous and unsure of which procedure to have. However, after speaking with Dr. Leger and th staff at the clinic I felt very comfortable and confident that the results from either would be positive. Dr. Leger and re staff were great and made me feel at ease. The clinic was very nice inside and the cookies there were very addicting. Loving seeing the world through my own eyes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2012

My surgery went well and my vision was corrected to almost 20/20 in both eyes. That is why I rated Dr. Leger's "Knowledge" as 5 out of 5. My only criticism was his interpersonal skills. Just before my surgery I admitted I was very nervous. I asked him twice if this was going to hurt. After the second time he told me to "Stop being a baby and be quiet." To be fair to him, I am sure he gets his fair share of nervous patients, and I can imagine that must be tiresome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Lasik MD. The staff at the clinic was all genuinely excited for me to have surgery. I was prepared completely for surgery with all my questions being answered. Dr. Leger was fantastic throughout the procedure, and was confident and reassuring. Every detail of his work seemed to be completed very thoroughly and precisely. My vision now seems to be as clear or better than the vision I had with contact lenses. I have been very happy with the entire process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][851804].votes_count ]]