Rate Dr. Jan Quaegebeur

Dr. Jan Quaegebeur's Ratings

Dr. Q and his staff are knowledgable and instrumental in saving my granddaughter Isla's life who was born with TGA on 9/29/2009. Not only did he save her at birth but two days later he saved her twice more during TGA surgery then she arrested following surgery. She is now three yrs. old with a very normal happy life. She brings us so much joy and we thank Dr. Q. for his expertise.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2012 | flag

My daughter had transposition of the great vessels almost 20 years ago. We were blessed that Dr.Q(as he is called) worked at Columbia Presbyterian. At the time, it was my understanding that there were 2 surgeons in the world that did this surgery. Even some of the other MD's referred to him as "God". The surgery was very successful and we will be greatful to him for the rest of our lives. My daughter is now almost 20 and runs 3-4 miles a day. Thank you Dr.Q.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2012 | flag

Amazing miracle worker. Performed 3 surgeries on my son's multiple heart defects during first 4 years of life. He is now a thriving teenager looking forward to his senior year in high school. He would not be alive if not for Dr. Q.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

Our daughter Christine was born in 1995 with Transposition of the Great Arteries. She was operated on by Dr. Quaegebeur at 4 days of age. Our daughter is now almost 16 years old and doing wonderful! No medications, no restrictions. We were truly blessed the day this surgeon came into our lives. God truly does work through the talent in this surgeons hands. I made a cross stitch picture for him which I heard was hung in the hallway near the operating room. We have sent letters and pictures of our daughter almost every year since her surgery. He is using the talent God has given him, and we are so very thankful he is here to help the children born with heart defects. We truly believe Dr. Quaegebeur is an angel on earth. If you want the best for your child, Dr. Quaegebeur is the surgeon to call in your time of need. God Bless this man for all he does and his talents. We love you Dr. Quaegebeur!

Submitted May 22, 2011 | flag

In 2006 Dr Q performed an open heart surgery on me when I was 12 years old fixing a very rare condition. If I had not gotten the surgery I was told I had a high percentage of dropping dead. Now I play varsity soccer and run varsity track. None of this would have been possible without him and I quite literally owe him my life, God Bless.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Q repaired my daughter's ASD in 2003 when she was six years old. Now 13, she is a star athlete, plays the cello and is doing all the things that 13 year old girls ought to be doing. We scheduled a consultation with Dr. Q. before the surgery when we were weighing our options. He answered all our questions if a bit impatiently. His manner was arrogant and supremely confident. After the procedure was complete, stopped by briefly on his way to his next appointment. His parting words to us was "Now you will never have to worry about this ever again." He was right and we will be forever grateful for his skill, talent and dedication. We didn't need to be coddled. We simply needed to find the best doctor to provide the best solution to our daughter's condition. We found that in Dr. Q. Our pediatrician described him as "A magician masquerading as a surgeon."

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

my daughter required surgery for her heart, she had a hole in one of the ventricles. My daughter was three months old at the time(3/2000) and weighed 5.7 lbs.. Dr Quaegebeur performed the surgery. My daughter is now 10 years old,and doing very well. I don't recall speaking to the doctor before or after the surgery. My daughter is alive and well, and that's the bottom line. I stopped at Columbia Presbyterian one day to thank him but he was not there. I should make more of an effort to thank him, I owe him big time!

Submitted May 15, 2010 | flag

I just want to thank Dr. Q for making our daughter better and giving her a chance at life. we first met Dr. Q in 06 when our daughter was born. he operated on her at 8 days old. she has HLHS and has been her surgeon from then on for her next 2 surgeries. although he might not be the warm and fuzzy doctor He is the best surgeon there is. its a matter of what you prefer, warm and fuzzy, or smart, great, and the best when it comes to the actual surgery. i completely trust in his experience and knowledge and team they are the best there is! and if you ask you can meet him prior to surgery and he DOES come and meet with you once the surgery is over. while in the hospital i've heard of people coming from all over to have there surgeries preformed by him. there's no doubt in my mind that in the unfortunate event that you ever need a Surgeon for your child Dr.Q is the man you want I can't say enough about he's team they're always there for you. answer any questions and are caring & thoughtful

Submitted May 4, 2010 | flag

When I met with Dr. Q he definately struck me as the BEST there is. I would not feel confident in any one elses care. Obviously a lot of other people out there feel the same way.

Submitted April 28, 2010 | flag

Dr. Q gave my son a normal life to look forward to. His tetrology of fallot was repaired and now, 14 years later, he is healthy, active and leading a normal, Athletic, life

Submitted Feb. 22, 2010 | flag