Dr. Marcelle Grassi

Dr. Marcelle Grassi

Rate Dr. Marcelle Grassi

Dr. Marcelle Grassi's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Grassi for many, many years (15ish). I started going to her for acne when I was 20 and continued to go to her for other skin issues when they arose. Due to my history, I have been checked for skin cancer yearly, and at my most recent appointment I needed 2 biopsies, which she made painless. I will not deny that there is a long wait time - especially if you book an appointment in the afternoon, or on surgery day. I now book mine first thing in the morning - 7 or 7:30 AM, and the wait is very minimal (10 minutes tops). I find I wait a long time for most Doctor appointments -especially my eye doctor - so I don't think this is anything too unusual. Dr. Grassi is a bit abrupt (my primary is much worse), but she has never been uncaring. She always listens to my concerns, and always answers my questions. She diagnosed a skin condition that I had struggled with for years, but everyone else thought was in my head. I give her high marks.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

Wait was very long,I waited about 1 1/2 hours to be given a prescription for acne within one minute. You know there is a problem when the doctor starts the conversation "Sorry for the wait". Fix the problem and you won't have to apologize. I would like a little more than one minute for $45.00. Give acne patients the same amount of time you are giving the other patients

Submitted June 11, 2013 | flag

The doctor was very helpful with my condition and the staff was wonderful

Submitted Oct. 18, 2012 | flag

The three girls in the office were very welcoming and friendly. Unfortunately,I was not impressed with the doctor. She appears rushed and when she asked me a question she didn't appear to listen to my answer. I waited in the waiting room for 1 hour to be rushed out of my scheduled time. I guess maybe because it was her lunch time. Also, she needs to wash her white lab coat. It was all dirty and stained and extremely gross!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Grassi has always been a very good derm for my family. The wait time has been sporatic at best the last few years and that's why I gave it a lower rating. If I had to wait any longer the last time I would have needed botox to combat the ageing effect. Most of the staff is nice, but there is one that could use a refresher in people skills,(very rude)That gives the rest of the office a bad image.

Submitted March 14, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Grassi for years. Dr Grassi has done so much for my family and myself. I would definitely recommend her to all of my friends and anyone who needs to see a dermatologist. She is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to diagnose the problem.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2012 | flag

I had taken my children to her for years and find her to be cold and uncaring. I myself needed a dermatologist and went to a partner in her office. She was wonderful but quickly closed her practice. I was told to find another dermatologist. When I inquired about Dr. Grassi (as my records were there) I was told she wasn't taking new patients. I explained that I was being treated for skin cancer but that didn't seem to matter and they told me to look in the phone book for another dermatologist!! I cannot believe how uncaring the staff was there. I would never recommend this office!!

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag

My experiences with Dr. Grassi have been totally positive. She doesn't waste any time, but I never felt rushed. I had an unsightly growth on my eyelid. She explained the procedure for removal, told me it would be covered by my insurance and, with my permission, removed it on the spot. I would highly recommend her.

Submitted May 19, 2011 | flag

I went to numerous dermatologists and this Dr. was the only one who diagnosed my problem correctly. She was worth the wait for a new patient appointment

Submitted Oct. 20, 2009 | flag

Try to avoid her if possible - she send my wife for a full surgery of foot with out doing a punch biopsy - putting her out of action for over 3 weeks only to find out that it was a mole. Podiatrist who did the surgery tried to talk to doctor and convince her that first a punch should be done, but she wouldn't agree! Later we talked to another dermatologist and this doctor told us that is very unusual and brain dead thing for Dr to have done with biopsy. The saga continued. She send lab work to a company not covered by our insurance even though as in-network doctor she knew she should not do it. When we tried to contact doctor's office about this, the front office manager slammed the phone on us without any explanation. we contacted the doctor for a resolution and she simply told us it is none of her business and that her staff should have dealt with it. Worst experience with a doctor in a long time.

Submitted April 8, 2009 | flag