Rate Dr. Chia Chi Kao

Dr. Chia Chi Kao's Ratings

Did not have a very good experience with this doctor. There are a lot of plastic surgeons/doctors to choose from. Do not go to him.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

After having twins and a singleton I was left with loose skin, a significant recti diastasis and an umbilical hernia. I tried physical therapy and pilates to try and rebuild my core strength and correct my diastasis but ultimately could not achieve my desired results. As soon as I met with Dr. Kao I knew he was the one for me. He is confident but not cocky and everyone in his office is a pleasure to deal with. I am over the moon about the way my stomach looks compared to before. He is a perfectionist when it comes to scars. My scar is unbelievably symmetric which was really important to me. He was able to put it exactly where he said he would and where I wanted it. I am also convinced I have the best belly button I have ever seen on an abdominoplasty patient! I am overjoyed to have my stomach look normal again. I can even wear a bikini again. My stomach is as flat as a board! He is the best of the best.

Submitted June 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kao is amazing. I would highly recommend to any friend or family member. I had breast augmentation and he created a look that was very natural for my body. He is extremely confident which gave me confidence in the end result. I was also concerned about scaring and after just 3 months I barely have visual scares. Great work and I love the outcome!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Kao is incredibly professional, easy to work with and most importantly delivers exactly what you are looking for. I was diagnosed with one of the breast cancer genes. As traumatizing as it was to hear how likely I was to develop breast cancer, and I would need to remove my breasts to reduce that chance, Dr. Kao was able to turn the experience into a positive one. He met with me as much as I needed him to and was an incredible listener. He ended up providing exactly what I was looking for. I had large breasts that I wanted to reduce in size. He listened to everything he made sure everything looked symmetrical, fit my body and was proportional. Hands down he is the best Doctor out there. I would STRONGLY recommend him for any type of treatment. If he could work with someone as complicated as a prophylactic double mastectomy reconstruction, I am confident he can do anything.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag

PLEASE READ THIS..Do not let insurance or out of pocket costs be the determining factor in choosing a doctor. These are words I would be looking to hear if I had to make this very important and difficult decision. Dr. Kao, a highly renowned surgeon, not just in cosmetic surgery, but in reconstruction on a prophylactic mastectomy due to BRCA positive gene. Dr. Kao is nothing short of professional, innovative, meticulous, engaging and compassionate. He will take his time. He is not looking for the quickest way to do surgery. He is looking for the BEST way to do it. His expertise and keen sense of balance in his decision making, left me nothing short of ecstatic. He corrected a breast from a terribly botched up surgery from another surgeon. he was willing to do this. He told me that it had to be done very delicately and although he knew it would be difficult he had the skills. Every day I look in the mirror, I see the reflection of his commitment to perfection. Thank you, Dr. Kao!!

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Hearing the diagnosis - you have cancer and need to consider a double mastectomy are words you never want to hear. Finding Dr. Kao - seeing photos of his reconstruction results and listening to his confidence in his abilities to make you as good as (or better) than new made the decision much easier for me. One year later the process is complete and I love the results! I not only feel confident in a swim suit but feel excellent when naked. No one would ever know what I have been through and at age 54, I am perkier and more balanced then nature would allow. Dr Kao and his key nurse Zmora were with me every step of the way. I was always able to reach them via email, phone or through appointments when needed. I am very pleased with the results.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Kao is pricey but he's worth every dime. He is very meticulous about his work and if you are going to have someone cutting you open he's the doctor for you. I highly recommend him. He cares and it shows in not only him but his entire staff.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

In 2004, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer of the right breast. In 2006, I found a problem in my left breast and had it removed as well. I was referred to Dr. Kao. I will never forget that first visit. Dr. Kao really listened to me and then literally studied my flat, scarred chest for a while without saying a word. He then said what he could do. I knew right then he was the right doctor for me. Dr. Kao also gave me something that day that I needed at a time when I needed it most. He gave me hope. I’ve worked with Dr. Kao and his superb staff for six years. His skill, dedication and empathy are remarkable. I am beyond pleased with the results. He all but magically restored what cancer took from me. While it took six years, I am finally a “whole woman” again. I have been cancer-free now for eight years and life is good. I am honored to add my endorsement of Dr. Kao, clearly one of the finest plastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area. Thanks, Dr. Kao! Sandy

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr Kao has to be THE BEST plastic surgeon... I have had multiple breast surgeries from well respected doctors and Dr Kao BLEW me and my husband away!! (Not to mention all my friends and family who saw my results.) He has a wonderful bedside manner. He is a perfectonist, which is what you want in a surgeon. He makes you feel COMPLETELY comfortable. He takes his time to be sure your results are PERFECT! Dr Kao is worth a flight to LaLaLand if you live elsewhere. He was recommended by another fine doctor in another field whom I highly respect and I can't even begin to describe how happy I am. My breasts look better than I could have imagined!!!

Submitted Dec. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kao is one of the most talented surgeons today. His combination of artistic approach engaged with his precision left me with unbelievable results. I came to him with a severe disfigurement. After 6 surgeries under my belt, he turned the impossible to possible. The results I have to date are absolutely incredible. He's eased my pain physically and mentally. He is known as "the fixer" another patient even referred to him as "the breast whisperer" but I'd like to call him my miracle worker. I'll be in touch - as my work is still in progress. Thank you Dr. Kao!

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag