Rate Dr. Chia Chi Kao

Dr. Chia Chi Kao's Ratings

Dr. Kao did amazing reconstructive surgery on me after four partial mastectomies for breast cancer. Without the use of an implant, he used an innovative procedure the result of which is that I look better than I ever did before the cancer. He is brilliant and a caring perfectionist. I cannot recommend him more highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

the review below submitted september 19, 2014 is just exactly how if feel about dr. kao.
i am just thrilled with all the results of my reconstruction from a lumpectomy. Dr. Kao used my fat stem cells and i look great. thinner in my waist and hips and my breast are better than 30 years ago.
i highly recommend his whole fabulous team.
i will be back again for other procedures if i want to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

I love Dr Kao. I've been a patient for several years. He fixed a problem I had with implants perfectly and has been a genius with facial procedures I've had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Kao is brilliant,kind,fun and his artistic sense is impressive. He is supportive and takes the time to let you know you are important to him. Clearly extraordinary in his field! His staff are helpful and involved!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago and underwent a lumpectomy, radiation and chemotherapy. I suffered a recurrence 2 years ago and underwent a double mastectomy. My cancer surgeon suggested Dr. Kao for what she knew would be a problematic reconstruction given the previously irradiated skin and the "divot" in my left chest from the lumpectomy. As it turned out, reconstruction was further complicated by the unexpected removal of my pectoralis major in the middle of reconstruction because of signs that the cancer may have spread to it.
Very luckily for me, Dr. Kao was more than up for the daunting and painstaking task of reconstructing my problematic breasts. The removal of the pectoralis major led to the need for an LD flap procedure which essentially restarted the reconstruction process. The irradiated skin meant that healing between the different stages of reconstruction took longer than normal and healed in unpredictable ways. But throughout the more than two year-long reconstruction journey, Dr. Kao showed remarkable compassion and patience, and a dogged insistence on achieving a beautiful result. Today I have two beautifully reconstructed breasts that look soft and natural, and a perfect pair of nipples, also reconstructed. Dr. Kao repaired the scar and flattened the "divot" related to the original lumpectomy. The scar on my back (the only one he gave me) from the LD flap procedure is flat and natural looking and will probably fade with time and scar cream. Finally the fat transfer has given me a slimmer waist and skinnier legs – that was a bonus.
No woman wants to look in a mirror and be reminded of her cancer by an ugly reconstruction job. All I think of when I look in the mirror is how good my body looks, which is Dr. Kao’s gift to me.
Dr. Kao’s staff have been well trained and are held to a very high standard. From Lisa in management, Julie in accounting, Kimberly on the front desk, to nurses Zamora, Sandy, Sarah and Cynthia, every member of his team is highly skilled, professional, kind and friendly. I am grateful to all of them and highly recommend Dr. Kao and his team.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Kao is absolutely the best surgeon around! He is a meticulous artist who not only takes his time in surgery, but in all of the initial consultations, post-op appointments and during skincare procedures. He has a conservative approach to surgery—keeping you looking like YOU—so you look younger, refreshed and not noticeably different. I was hesitant, at first, to undergo my procedure, but he made me feel comfortable and confident before, during and after.

The entire surgical staff and the estheticians at KO’AN will make you feel immediately welcome and well cared for. They are knowledgeable on the latest techniques, yet never pushy. The lines of skincare they carry are the BEST and my skin has never looked better! It’s always a pleasure to go there for treatments and also to spend time with his lovely staff! I can’t recommend Dr. Kao and the staff at KO’AN enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Did not have a very good experience with this doctor. There are a lot of plastic surgeons/doctors to choose from. Do not go to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

After having twins and a singleton I was left with loose skin, a significant recti diastasis and an umbilical hernia. I tried physical therapy and pilates to try and rebuild my core strength and correct my diastasis but ultimately could not achieve my desired results. As soon as I met with Dr. Kao I knew he was the one for me. He is confident but not cocky and everyone in his office is a pleasure to deal with. I am over the moon about the way my stomach looks compared to before. He is a perfectionist when it comes to scars. My scar is unbelievably symmetric which was really important to me. He was able to put it exactly where he said he would and where I wanted it. I am also convinced I have the best belly button I have ever seen on an abdominoplasty patient! I am overjoyed to have my stomach look normal again. I can even wear a bikini again. My stomach is as flat as a board! He is the best of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Kao is amazing. I would highly recommend to any friend or family member. I had breast augmentation and he created a look that was very natural for my body. He is extremely confident which gave me confidence in the end result. I was also concerned about scaring and after just 3 months I barely have visual scares. Great work and I love the outcome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][853531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Dr. Kao is incredibly professional, easy to work with and most importantly delivers exactly what you are looking for. I was diagnosed with one of the breast cancer genes. As traumatizing as it was to hear how likely I was to develop breast cancer, and I would need to remove my breasts to reduce that chance, Dr. Kao was able to turn the experience into a positive one. He met with me as much as I needed him to and was an incredible listener. He ended up providing exactly what I was looking for. I had large breasts that I wanted to reduce in size. He listened to everything he made sure everything looked symmetrical, fit my body and was proportional. Hands down he is the best Doctor out there. I would STRONGLY recommend him for any type of treatment. If he could work with someone as complicated as a prophylactic double mastectomy reconstruction, I am confident he can do anything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][853530].votes_count ]]