Dr. David S. Hallegua

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. David S. Hallegua has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 3598018

06/11/13 2 2 1 1 I went to this doctor based on all the positive reviews, and believed I would meet a very knowledgeable man who would try and help me figure out why I have such severe, progressive spinal arthritis at a relatively early age. I was disillusioned to find a cold, aloof doc who barely spoke to me, had no sympathy for the loss of my quality of life, and no interest in looking past my "bad arthritis with fibromyalgia." He told me I'd need long acting pain meds and short ones too, and I should go to "fibromyalgia camp where you eat and sleep Fibro and learn how to deal with it." My husband asked him about my fast-moving scoliosis, and other possible autoimmune problems, but he waved them off. TWO MONTHS LATER I FOUND OUT I'VE BEEN SUFFERING WITH EHLERS DANLOS III all my life, and all these big-time rheumatologists either don't know how to diagnose this horrible genetic connective tissue disease of faulty collagen, or refuse to do so. Study up, Dr. H!!  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David S."
RID: 2846484
09/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hallegua is very knowledgeable and diagnosed my problem immediately. I would recommend him highly.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2596576
21/03/13 5 5 5 5 AMAZING!!!!! The absolute best ! I adore him + his staff! I have been seeing him for a long time and will continue to do so :)  Respond
RID: 2408811
23/08/12 5 4 5 5 Understanding, compassionate, and most professional. Dr. Hallegua treats me for my severe joint pain. Unlike other doctors, he takes his time to explain things, not dismiss you, and actually try to relate. Thank you Dr. Hallegua!
RID: 2396379
08/08/12 5 4 5 5 A doctor that is totally puntual is not listening to his patients and possibly not giving them the time they need that particular day. I am more interested in what he knows and how well he meets my needs, along with his availability. I cansider him to be great. His staff is also great in my books.  Respond
RID: 1693957
22/01/12 5 4 5 5 I am writing because I think is important to thank him, about his patient concern, compassion, knowledge. Thank you and God Bless you
Insurance: Aetna
See Responses
RID: 1291051
10/11/10 3 3 5 5 Dr. Halluega is in the midst of saving my young daughters life. She had been sick for 4yrs before we found him. However, finally a doctor who care enough to go the extra mile. Finding tests that apply to her condition, and keeping in touch with us when she is very sick. He is currently trying to bring other specialists on board to help get to the bottom of her illness. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to share how wonderful he is. Taylor's Mom
RID: 768226
20/01/09 5 4 5 5 Dr Hallegua was the first and only doctor who helped me understand fibromyalgia and the many ways it affected my body. He never trivialized my concerns, but addressed them with care and concern. I knew Dr Hallegua was THE doctor I had been searching for after my initial visit. He listened to me and answered my endless list of questions. He asked about symptoms I never mentioned before, feeling my list of complaints was already too long! His soft voice had a calming effect and the interest he took in his patients created a trust that is vital, but lacking, in most physicians. This doctor even took his patient's phone calls! Aside from being a well-informed top rheumatologist, he applied and shared his knowledge in an easy-to-understand format. For over 7 years I drove 3+ hours each way to see Dr Hallegua, stopping only when I moved to Oregon. I highly recommend him and wish I could still see him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 601352
29/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hallegua is a godsend. I feel as though he sets the standard for doctors on how to treat their patients and provide the best quality medical care. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, calm, kind, positive and attentive. He actually listens when you talk to him and responds to your concerns about your health issues. You can reach him at anytime. His office assistant makes sure she connects you with him during office hours if needed. It is easy to make an appointment with him. You may have to wait (15 to 30 mins) to see him but don't worry, he will give you the time you need when he is with you. You feel better after a visit with Dr. Hallegua.
RID: 398460
06/09/07 5 4 5 5 After years of little help for my fibromyalgia and no one explaining about my other symptoms, finding Dr Hallegua was an answer to prayer.The first visit he asked about things I quit mentioning because no one helped me or didn't really think I knew what I was talking about. And here was a doctor who asked the questions and had answers. He explained why my body did what it did, and that knowledge makes things much easier for me. I walked out feeling like I finally had a doctor who understood about my medical issues and cared. What a gem. I used to drive from San Diego and now I fly from Portland!!
RID: 300730
27/04/07 5 5 5 Dr. Hallegua is a GEM! He's knowledgeable, caring, takes the time to explain everything, listens to you & treats you as a whole person. You aren't a symptom or a condition, your a person to him. He called me on the phone just to check on me after a procedure. If you have a question, he'll get on the phone with you. They don't make them like this anymore!! He even took the time to explain things to my husband. I can't say enough good things about him. He knows what he's doing & I know I'm in good hands.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 13906
19/10/05 4 5 5 Excellent. Took the time to really listen and explain.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 13225
04/10/05 2 5 5 Although not a fun-loving or jovial man by any means, Dr. Hallegua is genuinely kind, concerned, and very gentle. He never seems rushed and listens intently to worries/questions. Let him get you to the bottom of your ailment--highest marks!