Rate Dr. John D. Kelly

Dr. John D. Kelly's Ratings

I cannot be more grateful for Dr. Kelly. I had a very rare injury that no doctor could not diagnose. Fortunately, Dr. Kelly was able to correctly diagnose it and fix it. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, he is very affable. He shows a lot of empathy for his patients. He is one of the few doctors that I have that I feel is concerned about the patient as a whole and not just about the diagnosis. He does have a tendency to run behind on his appointments, but he is well worth the wait. I have never felt rushed at any appointment. All my questions are answered completely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

He jumped to conclusions based on very minimal exam and barely hearing details. Seems knowledgable but alas seems to be in stage of career where he thinks he can diagnose through esp because hes been there seen that. He jokes alot and has a friendly manner-i think people tend to give higher ratings to docs like this because they like them and feel taken care of (in my experience docs that act like your pal lwrite nasty things in charts so get a copy of your chart ). Disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Kelly is extremely knowledgeable, and helpful in his area of orthopedics. He performed shoulder and knee surgery on me and i haven't had a problem with either since. He is very personable, with a great attitude towards life. If nothing is gained from the physical visit itself then the person is guaranteed to learn a life lesson and leave with a smile on his/her face. Amazing Dr., all around Great guy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

Had a complicated problem. Dr Kelly told me he would help me. In the end, his answer was "go pray". Didnt help me at all. Felt abandoned

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2011

Amazing Person Puts patients first each and every time Gifted surgeon Best Sports medicine doctor in Philadelphia

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

Dr. Kelly is thee best! Very professional while very personable. I have never felt so safe and sure with any doctor like I have with Dr. Kelly. He reconstructed my knee and did the scope and was very knowledgeable and informative about my surgical options. when he left his previous hospital I followed him. He is now our family ortho surgeon we love and respect this doctor. If he moves out of state we would follow him again!! Dr. Kelly is a Blessing to his patients if only more Doctors had his bedside manner. God bless you and your family. Workers comp PPD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

One of the best doctors I have ever come across. Amazing bedside manner and even better when it comes to being a surgeon. Took a knee that was completely shot and made it like new. He truly knows his craft, is very forward thinking and advanced in his techniques yet still knows where the techniques came from and isnt afraid to default to what has been proven to work. His staff, residents, nurses and PT are number one next to anyone in my book, bar none. Would recommend him to anyone. He truly makes you feel as though you are his only patient and that it is his own personal journey to make you better. You can tell he genuinely takes the injury personally and will see to it that all options are explored in making sure you get better. #1!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854487].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Really knows his stuff about Orthopedics. Dr. kelly has a caring heart about his patients and takes his time and is a real comedian.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2009

One of the greatest doctors I have encountered. Much better on being punctuality now that he's at a new location. He knows a lot and really wants to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2008

Extremely knowledgeable, not at all on time, call first to check how late he's running. Great OR manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854484].votes_count ]]