Rate Dr. Gordon S. Bowers

Dr. Gordon S. Bowers's Ratings

I transferred to bowers from another OB from Cabrini. The other OB was too new and not experienced enough for me. At first I hated the office at Dr. Bowers but then I learned to show up 30 mins early and you will not have to wait for hours. He has a heavy patient load so it is understandable. The billing clerk is rude and obviously unhappy with her job. All other employees of his are nice and the actual nurses are lovely and the ultra sound tec is a complete doll. I had a great birth plan made and he respected it completely and loved that I wanted a natural birth. When we went into labor and delivery they already had a copy of my plan given by Dr Bowers. He supported every choice and in the end we got to hold my son immediately after delivery. All the staff and Dr. Bowers allowed us to be alone for 45 mins after the birth. They didn't swoop the baby away to nursery at all. He was wonderful and stood up for all my choices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Very bad doctor. He was extremely rude. Did not answer questions. Did not tell me anything at all. Very ****ed. He got furious when asking him questions and told me I should swap doctors when I had 2 weeks of pregnancy left!! Do not recommend him at all!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I absolutely love Dr Bowers. I have had four children all of which I have used him and now I have just been surprised with a fifth pregnancy. I intend to use him with it also He has always been very kind and very knowledgeable every time I have ever been in. I have never had to wait for a long period of time except for when he had to rush down to deliver a baby. In that case it is very understandable because it would be stupid of anyone to think that they wouldn't want him to rush down to deliver their baby just because he hs. patients in his office. He has never cause any problems with my pregnancies or births. He has been in the delivery room for every one of my deliveries. He always makes me as comfortable as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Dr Bowers was a very friendly, knowledgable doctor that took time to answer all of my questions and concerns. Wait time in his office is very long but he has a very large patient load.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

Not a good dr... didnt like him.. he never informed me of stuff was on vacay for the birth.. and was plan rude..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

I had twins I asked him could I please try to push first before having a section he said no and he left me with a really bad scar which I still have problems with till this day and I had my twins two years ago

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2010

There's one thing i want to say about Dr.Bowers ,i was so scared i was gonna have a big scar left from the c-section,but he did such a great job that you cant even see the scar anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2010

I had no problem with dr bowers. I fought with myself for a month about whether or not to change OB doc's because I found that he was very polite and knowledgable. I did however change docs because it took 3 hours to be seen. Everyone I talked to after that said that was a "normal" wait for a regular appointment. He was a very nice doctor, but I didn't want that kind of wait EVERY month.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2009

We were not happy with our regular doctor and Dr. Bowers refused to take us as clients. He said he would not take another doctors patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2008

Very pleased!! During my pregnancy, he was always willing to answer any questions I may have had. During delivery, he was there and very helpful with my preterm delivery. Explained everything to me before preforming the procedure. Very honest and trustworthy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][854766].votes_count ]]