Rate Dr. Toby G Mayer

Dr. Toby G Mayer's Ratings

I went to Dr. Mayer for a consultation a few months ago. The receptionist was NOT friendly or welcoming and didn't make any eye contact. Dr. Mayer seemed knowledgeable and I value his opinion. However, he rushed me and was incredibly arrogant and snobbish. He bragged about having been the "inventor" of a procedure, which, like a previous reviewer, I know not to be true. He shooed me out of his office as I was still asking questions - important things like, "Do you perform this procedure often?" that I was saying over my shoulder while he walked away. He also wanted to do this procedure in 2 steps, but I saw two other surgeons who said only 1 step would be necessary (and, thus, saving me $2500). I'm sure he's a very good surgeon, but a) I don't like him as a person, and b) if something were to go wrong, I feel confident that Dr. Mayer would NOT be on my side.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

I went to Dr. Mayer after hearing good things about him but was very disappointed. He was a know-it-all who was arrogant and did not take the time to listen at all to what I wanted but rather rushed the consult and pushed me into what he thought I should do, even discounting one of my major complaints and main reason for going to him (I later went to another doctor who agreed with me about my initial complaint). When not running over me as he seemed "rushed" he was bragging about "being the inventor" of procedures-a claim I know not to be true. What he did not know is I am also an MD and went in there as a lay person and his patronizing way he talked down to me and rushed consultation were just not acceptable. I think he probably was a very good doctor once upon a time but he seems to have got stuck in being comfortable with his set of procedures for rejuvenation of the face, which is mainly a certain group of fillers. I can't recommend him though he did do an ok job with what he did.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

ILOOKED AND INTERVIEWED FOR SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE MAKING MY DECISION. I FELT THE STAFF AND DR MAYER WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND I'M VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS. I WANT TO HAVE A LITTLE MORE DONE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS AND WILL RETURN.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

I was somewhat hesitant about having any type of plastic surgery since I felt, at that time, that most older men age gracefully. After looking at my face every morning, I realized that if I could enhance my appearance I would probably like what I saw better. After meeting Dr. Mayer, I became confident and at ease about the surgical procedures which he recommended. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and care that I received from Dr. Mayer and his staff. I was particularly impressed with the doctor’s practical and conservative approach regarding my plastic surgery. My biggest fear was that I would look worse and somehow plastic in appearance. The ultimate results were amazing because I am now a fresher brighter looking version of myself, and not someone else. I can highly recommend Dr. Mayer. One consultation should be more than adequate to answer any and all questions that a potential patient may have.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

After consulting with many doctors, I decided to go with Dr. Mayer for my nose surgery. He patiently answered all my questions, and explained in detail what it is I needed. I just want to say that going to see him was the best decision of my life. My nose looks so natural. Not even my mother knows I had it done. Now I'm not afraid to pose for pictures. Like the other patient I agree that if you go to meet him for yourself and not buy into what you read, you will also be a happy patient. Thank you and your wonderful staff Dr. Mayer for making me beautiful.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2012 | flag

I've been to Dr Mayer for three different procedures and experienced excellent results each time. I'm very happy with my new appearance, and the follow-up visits have been great. Dr Mayer is a very caring and detail-oriented surgeon. He has always taken time with me and answers all of my questions patiently. So glad I found him! I must say that all of the staff at The Beverly Hills Institute are really wonderful people... Give them a visit, and I guarantee you'll become a happy patient like I did!

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

If I could help anyone, do NOT go to this surgeon. I went for a revision rhinoplasty and he created ten more problems that weren't there before. I cannot breathe at all out of the right side of my nose, have deformation and collapsing and he has not been sincere. He changed immediately after the operation and hasn't offered to fix it. If I could do anything, it would be to help anyone thinking of using him. I wish I could have saved the money and stress and now I have to undergo another operation in hopes to fix this mess.

Submitted March 31, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mayer is a very patient and kind doctor. Honestly all my appts have been timely and I find him very knowledgable. I am awaiting my cast removal from recent rhinoplasty, but so far so great. I will update with results as some time permits for healing. I can definitely see that he has excellent technical skills. I have minimal swelling and bruising and was only down for about 48 hrs. 5 stars!!

Submitted Dec. 5, 2010 | flag

Submitted Nov. 6, 2010 | flag

I have had several procedures done by this doctor and feel that he is both very capable and also very caring.

Submitted June 2, 2008 | flag