Rate Dr. Matthew Ng

Dr. Matthew Ng's Ratings

Dr. Ng is a wonderful, compassionate, knowledgable and effective doctor who I trust so much. The only down side is the wait times to see him is awful, his staff is not as accommodating or charismatic like he is personally. But I'd still recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

He is a fantastic doctor with wonderful compassion that he exhibits with his patients. I always feel very lucky to have found him. He helped resolve a severe hearing problem that I had and that changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2429352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I have attempted several times to see this doctor but I am always told it will take a month or longer to get into see him. To me that means he has too many patients or just doesn't care about them enough to manage his schedule. Others may be willing to wait but not me. I can not comment on his ability as a doctor because seeing him appears to be nearly impossible if you really need help. We should not tolerate this in doctors given the already decaying health system and move towards mediocrity in medicine. A good doctor sees his patients. I see no other reality that works for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

My experience was very good. I think that Dr. Ng has a great bed side manner and is very knowledgable. He was very willing to help my daughter, where as, another popular e.n.t. In Las Vegas was not helpful and caused my daughter to live in pain for over a year with no help. Dr. Ng saw the problem right away and even was so kind to explain her issue to me and let me look into the microscope to see for my self. I am total pleased with him. The surgery went very well. I would use him again and refer my family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

I only saw Dr Ng. one time but was very disappointed. Dealing with a tumor and his suggestion was have an MRI and lab work. He told his staff member to set it up. They gave me paperwork for lab work but would call with appt. for MRI. I got lab work done immediately. I waited a week for the call and nothing. I called back and was told my file had been misplaced and someone would call me back. I waited another week and called again and was told they couldn't do anything then because Dr. Ng was on vacation. I finally went out of town to another doctor. Was referred to an oncologist at home. Over 3 mos. went by & I had heard nothing from Dr. Ng. I had completed treatment for the tumor when I got a call from them telling me they had made an appointment for my MRI so they could decide how to treat me. Dr Ng may be a wonderful doctor but he and his staff all dropped the ball as far as I am concerned. I would never see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr. Ng is a very knowledgable and caring Dr. He corrected a problem that another ENT Dr. caused. He also has a very good bedside manner and explains what he's doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Waited over two hours. Ng had the personality of a dead cow. Called for a MRI status; busy status three times, on hold never to answer four times, was told I would get a return call three times, still waiting! The most unprofessional medical practice I have ever dealt with and they are part of teaching! Would I let him treat me? Over my dead body.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

made an appointment a week ahead and still waited twice for over 2 hours to see him!!! when he finely showed up he was rude to me and very disrespectful. also, waited 3 weeks for a scan result.. do not recommend at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2011

Dr. Ng literally saved my son's life. He had been misdiagnosed for about a month and a half and was extremely ill. Dr. Ng took him on as a new patient the day I called for an appointment, saw the crisis he was in and took him above others with earlier appointment times. He was treating the patient not the appointment time - so if others complain about him being on late - know that he has their best interest at heart. He was knowledgeable, tried to proceed with the least invasive procedure possible and ultimately provided the necessary surgery when he saw my child was not improving. He saw him daily to make that determination. He also supported him both with follow-up checks and whenever he has a problem in the same ear - gives him quick appointments to make sure his health is maintained. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855488].votes_count ]]