Rate Dr. Michael A. Troiano

Dr. Michael A. Troiano's Ratings

I had an ankle injury back in 2004 - after a year of my primary care telling me I just had a sprain, I saw a specialist who identified a fracture and high ankle sprain. Had screws put in, which helped a bit, then had an issue and they came out. After almost 10 years of pain which escalated each years to the point it hurt constantly, regardless of my activity level, I was referred to Dr. Troiano. What a blessing! Truly. He listened to me, he asked a ton of questions, he gave me some practical recommendations, and he worked with me through trial and error before deciding to explore a surgical solution. When my insurance company denied his request for a traditional MRI because I had an "open" MRI "too recently", he contacted them and had the decision reversed within about 48 hours (which was a good thing, because the traditional showed far more than the open version, making diagnosis and treatment much clearer) When it came to the injury itself, he used models and drew illustrations to explain what was going on, then he did the same to explain the proposed procedure. He was extremely up front regarding possible outcomes, the risks, and the pros/cons of proceeding. He welcomed questions from my husband and made certain I was able to work with the PT he felt would best suit my particular recovery process. Since the procedure (3/14/2014), he has been supportive, EXTREMELY responsive to email/phone inquiries, and very "real" regarding recovery, expectations, and moving forward. I honestly could not ask for a better doctor - I'd love to clone him for my GP! If you want a doctor who genuinely cares about you, your situation, your overall well being, and your quality of life, Dr. Michael A. Troiano the one for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

If you want a doc who will admit you to an unclean hospital, ignore you for over 17 hours, keep you scheduled for an procedure that tests show are inappropriate for you and then show up to argue with you when he his informed that you are leaving the facility, then Troiano the man for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2511240].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr.Troiano exceeds all standards of care. I am 38yrs old, I had an extra bone removed from under my great toe. After a fall my wound dehisced. I then needed a revision surgery which Dr. Troiano scheduled immediately. I was very upset leaving his office learning of this news. An hour later Dr.Troiano called me personally to check on me and assure me that everything would be ok. After my 2nd surgery Dr.Troiano addressed my Reynauds, which is a circulation problem -lack of blood flow to my toe. He referred me to hyperbaric oxygen treatments, which I started 2days after surgery and put me on meds to facilitate healing. Dr.Troiano used strong sutures and casted my foot to prevent injury because I am active with 4 children. I was able to send pics of my wound and contact Dr. Troiano with any concerns via his cell phone at anytime. He always put my mind at ease. Dr.Troiano displayed professionalism while being compassionate and patient with all my concerns. Extremely pleased! Highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

Dr. Troiano is a very skilled and talented podiatric surgeon. Dr. Troiano surgically repaired my damaged ankle from old trauma and arthritis. I could not walk without pain. I am now back at work running up and down hospital hallways PAIN FREE. Dr. Troiano performs surgery at Penn Presbyterian, Temple and Abington hospitals all of which benefit him with exposure to numerous surgical techniques and expertise. Dr. Troiano is precise and clear when explaining what needs to be done. He takes the time to answer questions. I have over emailed the Doctor, yet he always responds and promptly ...that's a major WOW! I feel like we're friends. His office staff is excellent. They make sense of all the paper work and simplify everything. All of them are friendly and welcoming; they make you feel comfortable. They are knowledgeable with their duties and deserve a big APPLAUSE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

Had Surgery in August 2013. I can't give him enough praise. He tells you all the possible outcomes. Had some problems with breathing problems a week later. he told me to get to the hospital ASAP and called my spouse at least hourly to find out how I was doing. Finally a doctor that makes you feel that he cares and you are his only patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

Friendly staff. Wonderful doctor who explains things in language you can understand. I never have to wait to be seen. They don't overbook.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I recommend Dr. Troiano for podiatric needs. His straight forward, no nonsense approach worked (for me). He is extremely responsive (I texted him on a sat night after I fell on ice and whacked my recovering foot and he got right back to me). He spends time with patients although that means later appointments are sometimes much later. He's a good guy who wants his patients to succeed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

I would thoroughly recommend Dr. Troiano as a podiatrist. Not only did Dr. Troiano treat my father for an unhealing leg ulcer, but the doctor kept in touch throughout the lengthy treatment and recovery. He was easily accessible for any questions, support, and even a much needed joke. He was knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, and above all, honest during our dealings with him. I will be forever grateful for his hands-on approach and continued support. You can't go wrong with this "gem" of a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855549].votes_count ]]