You may also like

Rate Dr. Donald Smallman

Dr. Donald Smallman's Ratings

Unprofessional! After a year of appointments, I finally scheduled surgery for cataracts. Received a call 2 weeks prior to cancel and no alternative date available. Apparently, Dr. Smallman was moving onto other interests. His actions has now left several clients having to find a new Ophthalmologist and going through the process all over again. Not to mention the stress on his staff. A Professional would have finalized his commitments. Who knows what the real truth is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

My mother has seen Dr. Smallman a few times for glaucoma. She always has to wait for over an hour and at 88 yrs old that is very hard on her. And after all that waiting he actually only saw her for about 3 minutes. This is a business he is running. Has staff do as much as possible in one of the many exam rooms then he pops in at the end. No eye contact, no time for questions. Its all about cranking the patients through. Also tries to 'upsell' as much as possible to further increase profit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Saw him thru Lasik MD, polite, answered all my questions, friendly enough for the amount of time I saw him. Did a good job on my eyes, good followup afterwards.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

Currently I can't say much about Dr. Smallman's surgical skills as I intend to take him to court.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][855736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I recently went to Lasik to see about getting "rid" of my glasses. After wearing them for the past 50 years I thought it was time. While I was there they found a cataract in my left eye - no laser here. My right eye was deemed okay for the laser surgery. After quite a few checks by Dr. Smallman and his staff (at the Lasik clinic and the Eye clinic) I was very well informed as to what was available to me to improve my vision. I had the laser surgery in my right eye and the cataract removed in my left eye. I'm typing this survey without the use of glasses - thanks to Dr. Smallman and his "staff". They couldn't do enough for me, I am truly grateful. Punctuality is a fact of life. These people in medicine schedule their patients according to what ever ails them .. I would not want any Dr. to rush through my visit just to be "punctual" ...... I received better service and punctuality from Dr. Smallman than I received from my car dealership and I paid a lot, lot more for my car.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

This man needs to learn how to communicate with patients. Felt like we never made eye contact although we must have at some point.I am not in a position to judge his knowledge but the service I can and at minimum it needs attention/improvement.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][855734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2011

My mother had a cataract operation. Right after the operation he said all went well but when we returned at 2:00 that day the lens had slipped into the vitreous of the eye.He sent us off to a new Dr. who repaired it We have not heard from him in 18 months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

This doctor was very rude, arrogant and did not show any concern. Did not provide any information on condition diagnosed. Very rude, not good on people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2010

I found Dr. Smallman to be very painstaking and he explained clearly to me what was happening. He did a great job of my cataract surgery, including dealing with the infections that my suppressed immune system caused. Other staff were also very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2010

I have Glaucoma and Dr. Smallman has treated it so well that my Glaucoma has actually improved slightly. I would highly recommend this Dr. to anyone with Glaucoma. However, his office staff could use a lesson in manners...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855730].votes_count ]]