Dr. Arthur J. Geller

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 12/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Arthur J. Geller has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 3635666
19/12/13 1 1 3 4 Took 8 weeks to get the initial appointment. When I got there, only 3 people were ahead of me but I still waited over an hour until I got into exam room. Then I waited some more. Took 2 hours in total before I left office. Dr just wasn't with me all that long. Dr. seems very competent; however, I can't even begin to grade his staff (so bad). Scheduling is the absolute worse. After waiting 8 weeks for an appointment, I had to wait 9 more weeks to get the tests that I went for scheduled and they can't won't provide an appointment time. They want to call 2 days before and schedule test time then. Also, they will not perform colonoscopy and endoscopy together, so then I have to wait an additional 2 weeks to get the second test. I've had these tests performed concurrently before so I know it's possible but I believe it's simply to maximize Dr billing to insurance. I won't go back and unless you have 3 - 4 months to wait I don't recommend his office.
RID: 2161460
27/05/12 1 3 5 5 Dr. Geller is great. His staff - as others have said - is the worst. Rude, rude, rude! Rude to me and just about every person in the waiting room. This older woman came in [with a walker who could barely walk] on the wrong day and they were yelling at her! I told the doctor about his staff and he said he knows because so many people complain about them. Get some new help!

RID: 1150551
15/04/10 1 2 5 5 Agree with the comments about the staff. The Doctor is excellent, the staff is the exact opposite. Sometimes rude, unprofessional, poor attitude towards the patients. The Doctor himself is GREAT!!!!!ONE OF THE BEST. Wish my perception of his office was not tainted by the staff.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1107428
16/02/10 2 4 5 5 Can't understand why such a good physician would put up with such a dopey and inattentive staff  Respond
RID: 796475
21/02/09 2 4 4 5 I am leaving this doctor simply because his staff appears to be inefficient. Dr. Geller is a VG doctor but lacking in his discipline of his staffing getting it right the first time.  Respond
RID: 718309
09/11/08 2 5 5 5 Competent, attentive, warm, compassionate and reassuring. One of the best. Some of the office staff, not so much.
RID: 456105
04/12/07 1 2 5 5 Dr. Geller is a very caring,knowledgeable doctorbut his staff is very lax in getting messages and reports to the doctor.They need to be trained to be more efficient  Respond
RID: 442925
12/11/07 1 3 5 5 A terrific caring Doctor who is very knowledgable and is thorough, taking his time with each patient. He takes the time to answer all questions.
RID: 376317
31/07/07 4 5 5 5 Respectful, competent and caring doctor. Office needs more training in getting things done right the first time.
RID: 77279
08/01/07 4 5 5 Smart, through, courteous/polite/respectfully, very professional, kind and caring. Returns calls, responds directly to questions, never impatient, rushed, or dismissive. Wish he could be my GP.
RID: 37800
26/07/06 5 5 5 Good physician who is direct and extremely helpful - also, sincerely cares about his patients, which is rare in today's world.
Insurance: United Healthcare