Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: has dr delashaw ever been sued?    Email me    Answer it

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Johnny" to "Johnny B."
RID: 2757005
08/08/13 5 5 5 5 This doctor was the answer to my long search for the a proper diagnosis. he is someone you can trust and depend upon.  Respond
RID: 2543366
28/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Delashaw recognized that I was suffering and performed surgery on my neck very quickly. I have been pain free since and would undergo surgery again without hesitation if I had to.
Paid (or co-pay): $4000
RID: 2345312
10/07/12 5 5 5 5 I had enumerism behind my left eye and Dr. Delashaw & his team did excellent job. I lost my memory for a day or so, which he explained was normal after brain surgery as cerebral fluid needs to get build up again and there were liquid in brain which needs to dry out after surgery. It is amazing to know that the same blood which is needed to body to operate is not good when it mix up with cerebral fluid. Brain has it own separate blood (cerebral fluid) & body keep recycling it every 12 hrs. Anyway I am doing great after 3 years, no memory loss and doing well at Apple. Thanks again to Dr. Delashaw & his team.
Paid (or co-pay): $65000
RID: 1501189
01/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Delashaw is a wonderful neurosurgeon, extremely knowledgeable and skilled. He spent enough time with me to answer all my questions both before and after surgery. All the staff at OHSU were wonderful, both in the clinic and during my surgical procedure.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1367484
19/02/11 2 2 2 4 I had my surgery in 2003 and I was rushed through everything. Then when I had asked a bunch of questions they were not all answered. I was scared of having brain/spinal surgery and I felt I did not get the comfort or answers I was seeking. Post surgery I was rushed in and out of the hospital and then follow up appt. They said everything was fine, which it wasnt because I went back a couple weeks later and they had forgotten to take a staple out of my head that was holding the paper thing in place. My skin was growing over it and causing severe pain. They had someone come in and literally yank it out of my head no numbing it or anything. I will never go through him again!
Insurance: OHIP
RID: 1365991
17/02/11 3 2 1 1 I had two surgeries done by Dr Delashaw on my pituitary adenoma. After my second surgery, Dr Delashaw said I had "residual" tumor that should be irradiated. I then went to a national pituitary center for evaluation. They looked at my scans and told me that Dr Delashaw had removed only about 20% of my tumor in the last surgery and that I needed another surgery, as the tumor was still too big to be irradiated.  Respond
RID: 1196340
25/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Delashaw of OHSU came highly recommended to me, and I was not disappointed. He and his staff are highly knowledgeable and take their time to explain all details. You never feel rushed through the process and everyone has a positive attitude. I had two herniated disc in my neck that damaged my spinal cord. I had to have three fused and the matter removed from my spinal cord. Dr. Delashaw did a fabulous job. I spent two nights at OHSU (everyone was awesome there as well!)I left the hospital and have not had to be on any pain pills other than Tylenol since I left. Thank you God, Dr. Delashaw, Dr. Burke and all of the OHSU staff!
RID: 1029901
09/11/09 1 3 2 5 Had surgery 9/08, woke up and felt as though I had died. Damaged my pit gland. On tons of medication. Disappointed with the 30 second, "rounds" his team did when I was in the hospital. Literally not enough time to ask a question. Felt like the, "team" of drs were more interested in getting me in for my second surgery then really caring for me as a patient. Most upset with the post surgical care, or lack there of. Definitely isn't the neurosurgeon, "God," the reports made him out to be.
Insurance: Providence
RID: 845105
27/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Delashaw preserved me quality of life. He extracted 99% of a tumor that the other surgeon- who was supposedly an expert- had said maybe 30% was operable. I had radiation on the remainder and now live a normal life. The other surgeons prognosis was full hormone loss and replacement for life. I don't take a single prescription- my pituitary gland is fully functional because Dr Delashaw is that careful and that good.  Respond
RID: 717960
08/11/08 5 5 5 5 I had surgery with Dr Delashae on 6/2/08. I was treated exceptionally by both Dr Delashaw and his staff. He is a brialliant surgeon and more importantly a caring man who takes the time to keep in personal contact with his patients. Anyone would be lucky to be in his care.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 657452
04/08/08 5 5 4 5 I just had surgery with Dr. Delashaw. I was treated like royalty, because of him. He is well respected and highly trusted by his peers. As his patient, I felt I was in the best of care. The man is brilliant.  Respond
RID: 657056
03/08/08 2 1 1 1 Did surgery-failed and now I'm disabled. No follow up after surgery-no bed side manner-  Respond
RID: 600940
28/05/08 5 5 5 5 I found him to be extremely knowledgable regarding my condition (which is a rare condition), patient in answering my questions and very "understandable" in explaining my condition and surgical options. He was kind and compassionate in all follow-ups and willing to personally return my calls. I would happily trust him with my brain again should I have need and would highly recommend him. His staff and associates are friendly and accomodating, as well. Upon showing up for an appointment 5 days early, I was not turned away. I was worked in and spent less than 10 minutes waiting. A+ in my book.
RID: 560418
02/04/08 1 4 1 1 This doctor does not fully live up to his reputation as posted for advertising purposes. Past patients were denied further assistance/support after the surgery and suffered which lead to death. You don't hear about these patients.  Respond