Rate Dr. Jay Gross

Dr. Jay Gross's Ratings

terrible doctor. I went in with blepharitis, he did not tell me anything useful, he just squeezed it out and sent me home, didn't explain anything how to care for it. I had to go to another doctor and get an injection, because by that time it was to late to do anything else. very distant attitude, doesn't care about a patient at all.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2010 | flag

I decided to go to this doctor because when I was looking at the different doctors in my area, this one seemed like more experienced. That may be, but since he is just a part of rather large operation called Santa Monica Eye Medical Group, you only see the doctor at the end. Unfortunately, this business setup doesn't exactly promote a family doctor relationship: everyone is trying to be efficient, but still make mistakes, like they thought I'm seeing a different doctor, and then the guy who was putting dilating drops in my eyes almost put them with contacts still in there... With doctor Gross himself, it felt like he was trying to be as quick as possible, which is understandable, but still... I would probably appreciate a little more attention.

Submitted March 12, 2008 | flag