Rate Dr. Jean Gillies

Dr. Jean Gillies's Ratings

Dr. Gillies is a very kind, intelligent, informative physician who does very thorough assessments. However she doesn't follow through on things like MRI requisitions (took six months to have one sent off and then my appt was for the following year) and a referral to an orthopedic surgeon (been waiting seven months for this). She has also been wanting to contact my physiotherapists to discuss my case with them but after giving her their names, numbers and clinic names multiple times she has not yet contacted one of them. I often feel like a burden to them and as if I'm a very low priority patient. By delaying these tests and referrals she is delaying possible treatments after I've had chronic pain for 6 years. I often feel that because I'm not a professional athlete I fall to the bottom of the list and my pain is insignificant in comparison. However I am a registered nurse and I need my body to function so I can earn a living

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

She is a very good Rheumatologist for the spondyloarthrisis problems like I have and the prolotherapy treatments helped my pains. I had to wait to see her and she won't take the BC plan MSP for payment any more, so this got to be very expensive for me which is not good. Thousands of dollars. I wish she could get the payments from the BC system for seeing me and doing these shots. I would certainly recommend her but be prepared to wait and pay, to see her. I don't have extra insurance but it can cover the treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Gillies is by far one of the best physicians in this province. After visiting five GPs she diagnosed me in a half hour visit, diagnosis later confirmed by MRI. Her knowledge, expertise, excellent diagnostic skills and bedside practice are way superior to any other MDs I have met. I cannot speak highly enough of this compassionate, dedicated professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

Dr. Gillies is the most thorough, compassionate, open minded physician I have met in over 20 years of searching for help. She takes the time to do a thorough physical exam and has a lovely bedside manner. She spent a great deal of time compiling information from other doctors I had seen and was able to create a plan than no one else had suggested. It made a huge difference and I am well. Even though her appointments often run late, I appreciate the time she spends with me so don't begrude it to others. An absolutely amazing physican with years of wisdom to draw from and 10 years as a physio support what she knows. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. Gillies is always willing to go the extra mile (or 20 hours) to find a diagnosis based on a careful assessment of the patient's history and symptoms. An EXCELLENT clinician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

This woman is amazing!! She offers time, caring, unbelieveable wisdom and knowledge, and an unwavering commitment to do her very best to make you well. She is an absolutely amazing physicial and I consider myself so blessed to be able to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2009

Being treated by Dr. Gillies for spondyloarthropathy + prolotherapy for hypermobility. Best doctor I have ever encountered in 9 years of chronic (undiagnosed) pain (and I have been passed from dr to dr!). She spent over 6 hrs to do a full physical exam & medical history (this is why she is often late, she spends alot of time with her patients - even if she is late she will take her time with you). Very thorough with her investigation, both physical & medical (she was a physiotherapist for 10 years before MD & caught tiny little signs that every other doctor/physio missed) and very open minded about treatments, including diet & pilates for exercise. She is the first doctor to finally nail down a precise diagnosis & treatment plan for me, and has done so with compassion, dedication & determination. We need more doctors like her!! She is amazing, sees the patient as a whole picture rather than an entity to be treated with drugs and very supportive!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2009

Dr. Gillies is a smart, well educated specialist. She definitely knows what she's doing. Jean's bed side manner could definitely use some work as she has no sympathy or time to listen to what's bothering a patient. She is just very factual but doesn't want to hear anything further. Jean is NEVER on time and usually 1 - 1.5 hours behind schedule. Does not accomodate patients if they call ahead and find out she's an hour behind. If the patient dares to show up closer to the time she may be ready for them, she'll let the next patient go and ask you to wait since you were NOT there on time. Very poor practice seeing as they obviously overbook.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Dr. Gillies took an incredible amount of time with me to try and determine WHAT my chronic pain issues are. She did a very thorough and methodical review of my whole health history and put pieces of the puzzle together that nobody had ever taken the time to do. She is difficult to reach by phone, but when in her office, she is an extremely dedicated doctor. I have been searching for her for 20+ years and finally feel like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2008

Jean made the difference in me being able to continue working or going on disability. She takes the time needed whenever I go there. Her skill of diagnosing and prescribing the right medicine has me able to be much more active in my life. I have psoriatic arthritis. I recommend her very highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][857454].votes_count ]]