Dr. Vijay Arora

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 27 reviews. Dr. Vijay Arora has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 5386459
18/04/14 5 5 5 5 I am a new patient of Dr. Arora's. I have just returned home from the hospital. I received surgery, performed by Dr. Arora. I am shocked to read any negative comments about Dr. Arora and his staff. A wait is a small price to pay for his unsurpassed quality of care! After surgery, as I am alone, Dr. Arora offered to personally drive me home. When was the last time any doctor offered such service? I'll bet, NEVER. The hospital staff provided excellent, attentive care also. My suggestion is: if you are unhappy with Dr. Arora or his staff, go elsewhere. I guarantee, you will regret such a decision. Count your blessings!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5341712
11/04/14 1 1 1 1 I was very mislead. This doctors office was the most unprofessional i have ever been to!! I first walked in to the doctors office to see more then 30+ patients in the waiting room. After 3 hours of waiting to be seen, i was led into a over-crowded back office with so many staff running around, it was insanity!!! I was seated to have my vitals taken ...the girl that was putting the blood pressure cuff on and the diffrent girl writing down my information were actually argueing in front of me. I then proceeded to hear other staff using Foul laungage regarding other patients to each other ....and saying "not to deal with them they are B*tchs!!" why would ANYONE RETURN TO GO TO HERE?? and i never got to even speak to the doctor... and when asked if i could speak to him....i was told rudly "YES" and then that was it... I was told the appointment was over and showed out. This doctor May be Wonderful... but need's to seriously "re-Evaluate" his staff!  Respond
RID: 2555755
10/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Arora is very thorough. All of his staff have their jobs and know them well. I was treated with courtesy and professionally. It is true you see a physicians assistant on your first visit but I have recently discovered that this is the usual with specialists today. However, I did meet the doctor and am confident that he is on top of my case. I have recently been to a lot of specialists and can tell you this one is top notch! Waiting in an OB/GYN office on your appointment is the usual wherever or whoever you go to. Remember...they do deliver babies and babies are not on a schedule. I suggest you make a morning appointment or bring a book and decide to spend some time unless you are there for a procedure that does not require the doctors attention (sonogram, etc.) then your appointment is not only met but on my experience if your there early, it is met when you arrive.  Respond
RID: 2469846
08/11/12 1 1 1 1 Dr. Arora runs a sham operation. Although assured, by his staff, I would be seen by this doctor I was seen ONLY by a "Physician's Assistant". As this was my first visit for a complete gynecological examination his lack of attention is negligant. I was told, again by his staff, that my wait time would never be more than 15 to 20 minutes. However, the patients in his waiting room, and former patients assured me that his typical wait time is 3 to 4 hours.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1383156
09/03/11 2 1 2 3 Dr Arora overbooks. Except at least 10 other ladies with same appt. time as you. I just left there. Appt. was 9am. Doctor arrived to office at 10am. I saw him (briefly) at 11am. This is not an isolated incident. On my last visit, I was there almost 3 hours. It happens every time. He's very nice, but doesn't have time for you, cuz so many others are waiting. I will be looking for a new gynecologist. There has to be some decent gynos out there that aren't so money hungry that they book as many people as they possibly can. I think Dr Arora may just be trying to set a record for the most patients seen in one day.  Respond
RID: 1375950
01/03/11 3 1 2 3 Let's just say, I should've changed doctors a LONG TIME AGO! Never returns call. I had a HORRIBLE experience with him during my delivery. He is too busy and squeezes you into his schedule. He left me cut open for an hour after my delivery cause he went next door to do a surgery! Everyone was walking into the room and seeing my goods. I felt very degrated! Its no wonder my experience with him was bad! I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone!!
RID: 1330508
07/01/11 4 3 5 5 I have been to three OBGYN's because I have had 3 miscarriages. He was the first one to really trouble shoot me and discovered that I have endometriosis and that I have had it for a long time. Hopefully no more miscarriages will follow!
RID: 1319791
22/12/10 5 1 5 5 I love this doctor. I seen Guha for years and he was just a pain in the butt.I dont like that you will wait forever at his office but he is worth the wait.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1285490
03/11/10 3 1 2 3 wait time is always at least two hours, sometimes if you tell someone you have been waiting for over two hours they will bring you back to see the doctor sooner it seems. Had a hysterectomy, office billed my insurance for PPO when I was in fact HMO. Insurance fixed problem and re-billed for HMO and now doctor won't help with my issues. Whenever I call they tell me I have to go to my primary dr. I feel they are no longer helping me, also I have gone into menopause from my hysterectomy full speed. I was only to have my uterus out but doctor took my cervix stating if felt it necessary he would do so. When it was all over I asked him why and the answer was not satisfactory it was blown off as not a big deal. He only told me that it was necessary. I can't get my regular doctor to give me a referral so I changed my primary and waiting for this dr. to help me. I was in shock that I was treated without regard and that my symptoms didn't matter, I even explained my urgency to the office staff:(
RID: 1209404
16/07/10 5 5 5 5 My doctor since 1987. Caring and sincerely cares for his patients.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1192613
18/06/10 1 1 1 1 First I had to wait 2 months before i was able to see him, then when i got there the staff was very unfriendly and the wait time was ridiculous. The Dr. was very rushed and did not make me feel important. I went in for irregular periods to which he prescribed me birth control pills to regulate my cycles. I told him that birth control caused me to have long term abnormal bleeding, and he said this will not happen, so I took the pills. Two days after doing so, the bleeding started and continued for two weeks. After calling many times and being denied the right to speak with him, I finally went to the er where I found out that they still had to follow his instruction which were to do nothing and send me home. I continued to call the office with hopes of speaking to the doctor, all my calling got me a letter in the mail stating that the doctor will no longer treat me. I never did get an answer on how to stop the bleeding which I am sill having.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1172609
19/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Arora is absolutely amazing, yes you have to wait longer but thats because he actually spends time with his patients and he also gives birth to babies, so people get moved because births are always unexpected. People get angry but i think he is well worth the wait. I hate doctors and he is one of the few that i trust completely, He did my surgery and everything went perfect most other doctors wouldn't have cared about getting to the real problem they just care about getting their money. He is a great doctor that really cares and spends time with you trying to get to the real problem.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1122961
08/03/10 3 1 1 3 your appt time means nothing to him. you will wait one to two hours on an AVG before he gets to you after your appt. It is ridiculous. he is a great dr. just not worth the wait. I have seen people actually take lounge chairs and sit outside and wait to be called. It is a joke and we have found another dr because of his total lack of caring for his patients time.  Respond
RID: 1100694
08/02/10 3 1 3 4 I started seeing Dr. Arora when I was 16 years old for pain and continuous large ovarian cysts that always ruptured. He put me on birth control and always ignored my complaints while trying to shove Vicodin down my throat (each visit I would have to decline the Rx at least 3 times!). Finally 6 years later, he discovered my sister had endometriosis and finally decide my complaints might have been valid. I had surgery and learned that I had severe endometriosis (I assume on account of his ignoring my symptoms for 6 years). After surgery he continued to try and push narcotics on me while telling me I would probably never have children. Thank you so much for actually listening! Just because I was young did not mean I was exaggerating. Nothing he did before or after surgery was helpful. I have never gone back & will never recommend him to anyone. Oh and the best part, when I was continuously telling him about my pain, he tried to put me on anti-depressants because it was "in my head"! JERK!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1033752
14/11/09 5 1 4 5 Thought he was a god at first. Had excellent insurance, was treated like a queen. He scheduled my c-section on his schedule. Did an awful lot of surgeries on me for varying things. Three laparoscopies, and three abdominal surgeries. One exploratory, one c-sec and one hysterectomy. All went well, but three incisions in one location have left a very scarred area. When my insurance switched to COBRA, they panicked and demanded cash for a $300 balance. He never fudged before on any balance I owed. He hugged me, shook my hand was very courteous until my insurance ran out. I went from PPO to HMO and he wanted nothing to do with me. His wife point blank asked what happened and could I get the PPO back. I said no of course and she demanded that I pay right then and there with a credit card. I think he pushed the surgeries with me because I had such good insurance, then he dropped me like a hot potato. I had been a patient for 7 years and all of a sudden I was a nobody. Get second opinion!!!!!!
RID: 1016350
23/10/09 4 4 5 5 I can not imagine going to another Dr. after having Dr Arora deliver 3 of my 4 children, & 4 surgeries from various issues. He takes care of his patients. He communicates openly to my husband after surgeries. I have debated with him on things I disagree with, he listens & then discusses with me why he chooses to do it that way. Just communicate with him openly. He's a totally normal guy. He's personable & professional. I have seen him very busy and quick and I have seen him take his time with me, everyone has their moments and days. He takes great care of me. That's why I keep going back. The staff can be rude and unprofessional but they are not the ones doing my surgeries. At the hospital, yeah it's not the nicest, but his patients have favor and receive great care from him, that's all that really matters to me. Overall he knows what he's doing and is a perfectionist! The wait time is frustrating, but it's my health I'm concerned about. It's not worth the trade.
RID: 1009782
14/10/09 5 3 5 5 HAVE BEEN A PATIENT FOR OVER 20 YEARS,YES YOU CAN WAIT A WHILE BUT I WOULD NEVER GO TO ANYONE ELSE HE HAS ALWAYS LISTENED TO MY CONCERNS AND I LOVE HIS STAFF THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN RUDE TO ME, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON IT FOR REFILL ORDERS OR CALLS BACK TO ME, I WILL WAIT A FEW HOURS TO HAVE A GREAT DOCTOR LIKE HIM.  Respond
RID: 983813
09/09/09 1 1 1 2 Without exception, patients of Dr. Arora sit in his waiting room for 1 - 4 hours, and that is WITH an appointment, before either finally being seen, walking out the door in disgust, or rescheduling. Of course, emergencies come up - we all understand this happens; however, not EVERY single time! Also, if there is a back room crisis, someone on staff should be considerate enough to come out and inform the waiting room so that new appointments can be made. It appears there is no value placed by Dr. Arora on other people's time. As for my wife, she has decided to find another doctor who manages his time more effectively. Good luck.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 911193
11/06/09 5 1 3 3 you can expect to wait at least two hours before you are put into a room and then another hour before he spends his 10 minutes with you. he is good at what he does - but doesnt allow you the time to ask questions if needed. Several small surgeries with him - one ended up BAD...not sure that it was his fault -
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 869213
23/04/09 5 2 5 5 Doctor Arora has been taking care of my mom for over twenty years, he delivered me and my sister, and he performed major surgery on my mom. I now use him as my ob-gyn and I just love him, he is a wonderful man and answers any questions I have, no matter how silly lol. The wait is really long but just get there early, bring a good book and settle in. Most of his staff is helpful and polite. They even let me come in once after hours when I had an emergency regarding a back surgery he didn't even perform! They really helped me when no one else would. Doctor Arora is professional, helpful, knowledgeable and trustworthy. I recommend him without a doubt!  Respond
RID: 838588
22/03/09 4 1 4 5 He is very busy, so expect a long wait. He does get in and out fast, but if you have questions or concerns, he has no problem taking more time with you. He is very confident in his opinions and has no problem telling you that he might not be a good doctor for you if you don't wish to follow his advice, but I've received excellent care from him over the course of about 15 years.
RID: 570644
19/04/08 4 2 3 3 2 hour wait for appointment. Visit seems rushed. I;ve seen him 8 times and each visit is only 5 minutes. Did my hysterctomy and went great but still have hormonal problems. Finally changed to a doctor who has spent over an hour with me to really discuss the medicatiom, hormones and answered ALL questions thorougly. I am very happy with her and wil continue to see her ,But I would still recommend Doc Arora for major surgery.
See Responses
RID: 557465
03/04/08 5 4 5 5 He listens and treats patients like part of his family. Very kind and easy to talk to. He is the best doctor in the desert.He follows through to get to the bottom of the problem. Highly recommended.
RID: 525583
27/02/08 1 1 3 4 Staff insists that I have a copay even though it says I don't right on my insurance card. Took four days for them to call back my pharmacy for a refill when I was out of pills. One of his nurses went as far to tell me that I didn't need a refill (without consulting the dr) when I called to ask for one. Recently, Dr Arora seems rushed and didn't trust the opinion of the specialist he sent me to and wants to examine me anyway (so why send me to a specialist when you can do it yourself?). Office proceeded to call everyone on my emergency call list over a $117 balance that had been payed on in the last 30 days after leaving a message on my voicemail, which I found very unprofessional.  Respond
RID: 191132
13/03/07 1 5 2 he has his own formula for deleveries and will not deveate from them. even when the family disagrees. he will LIE to pateints for his own convenience,EVEN when other options are more suited for his patients.
RID: 176252
07/03/07 2 3 5 Good doctor but his staff can be mean and if he can't findout whats wrong with you he stops trying. I have had ovarian cyst for 11 years and he took me off the meds that controled the problem due to the risk of bone problems from the meds. Put me on another pill made me sick, another pill... made me sick and then gave up! Not the greatest but not the worst Doc! All I wanted was for some one to fix me not give up on treating me.
Paid (or co-pay): $1500
RID: 25217
14/03/06 2 5 5 Patient since 1989. Care during pregnancy, delivery, other female problems. Excellent bed-side manner. Would not hesitate to recommend. Downside is long office waiting time, but the time spent is worth waiting for the best. This is a dedicated and caring physician.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user