Rate Dr. Paul L. Jensen

Dr. Paul L. Jensen's Ratings

When I went to Jenson it was in October of 2010 I was still able to work. He said that a tlift would help my back at L4-L5 S1. So my wife and I agreed.I had the operation done on Nov 9 2010 and never was able to work again due to nerve damage to my left leg and foot. I only seen Jenson on the appointment day and again on the day of the operation then once in the office after the operation, the rest of the time I was being seen by his pa's go figure. Well iam still in pain and had a spinal stimulator implanted in August of 2013 in phoenix Az it helps some but I still am unable to do much of anything. I want to warn as many as I can to please look else where before choosing this Dr. I wish I would have done so, after 22 years in mining I could no longer work and that sucks

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

Terrible Experience. I am now 3 years into a C5-C6 fusion. As I look back at the service that was provided I see many flaws in his practice to include bed side manner and care after treatment. Don't recommend. Issues stemmed 3 months into recovery. I had to constantly reach out for them to provide answers and assistance on the matter. His PA Jan Delponie was no help either. If I can do it all over again I would fly out of the State of Alaska. He has since then gone on his own and his PA Jan went to another local surgeon, Dr Wright. The Surgical Center is where Dr. Jensen performs his services and that place was a joke as well. They let me walk out since they close at 6pm and I found myself in the ER because I could not urinate after the surgery. I caution anyone going to Dr. Jensen and the Surgical Center.

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

Dr Jensen and his assistant Will did a wonderful job on my L4, L5, SI fusion. They were great in explaining what to expect before and after my surgery. Everything went as planned and I now have my life back because of THEM! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! His office staff handled the needs for my insurance with great care and consideration. Thanks again for all you have given me back!

Submitted Jan. 28, 2014 | flag

Had surgery on my back, am now far worse off than before and Dr. Jensen refuses to see me to help me. He is a terrible surgeon and has very bad bedside manners. DO NOT see him. It's worth the effort to go down to Anchorage to see a neurosurgeon there :(

Submitted Oct. 5, 2013 | flag

My spinal fusion was a mess. Was in worse pain then before the surgery! Went and saw another Surgeon, who went in and totally cleaned up Dr. Jensens mess. I was out of work for 2 years. He tried to blame the problems I was having on other things. He new he messed up and didn't want to admit it. Instead we have had to deal with over 1/2 a million in medical bills. I have since heard about many others that have faced similar problems from him, here in Anchorage Alaska. He had the flu the day of my surgery, but still performed it and canceled all the surgerys after mine. He never even called or talked to my husband after my surgery. My husband was left in the dark about how surgery went.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2013 | flag

went with the much more expensive spinal fusion instead of the disc replacements he advertised, made me think i had no choice in the matter, found out from three other people he did not suggest replacement, my surgery failed he said. he only put a screw in my back with no bone or any thing for it to fuse to. now I have no insurance, and am in worse pain. Not happy at all

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag