You may also like

Rate Dr. Catherine N. Kowal

Dr. Catherine N. Kowal's Ratings

I moved from California to Florida eight years ago and was referred to Dr. Kowal. I brought her my medical records and because I had been prescribed the right medications for me, my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) was in remission aka controlled. My follow up requirements were every 6 months. Recently, it has been uncomfortable scheduling an appointment with Dr. Kowal as her receptionist is very unprofessional referring to her patients as "sweetheart" or "bad girl" and not to mention stating that it is "high season" and that the office is just as busy as a "bar or restaurant" here in Naples. I felt very neglected and I don't believe she should have compared my doctor's office to a bar or restaurant. Her receptionist is the first line of contact to my rheumatologist and quite frankly, she is not professional at all. I have been trying to schedule an appointment for the last 3 months. What kind of doctor does not want to follow up with her patients? Especially considering that rheumatoid arthritis is a progressive disease. Not only am I in pain, but I am also having a difficult time scheduling an appointment with my "so called" rheumatologist. This past November (2014), I had an x-ray of my shoulders which showed RA. I begged the secretary for an appointment as soon as possible as I was in pain, and the secretary told me the soonest appointment available was February 24, 2015. Because I was in pain, I reached out to my primary healthcare provider, which agreed to see me the same day I called. He tried to contact Dr. Kowal's office multiple times, but there was no answer and no call back. Finally, he gave me a steroid injection to relieve my pain, even though he felt it was Dr. Kowal's responsibility to do so. I called her office again a week ago to schedule an appointment and her secretary told me again that Dr. Kowal is very busy and compared her "business" to a bar or restaurant here in Naples. She proceeded by telling me that if I am in pain that I should go to the emergency department because "that is what the ER is for". I don't think that Dr. Kowal cares enough to follow up on her patients. She is not worried about the severity of the disease or the progression of it. It is a disease that has remissions and exacerbations, therefore should be followed up frequently. Her secretary has no professionalism what so ever and clearly does not understand that not only is the patient in pain and in discomfort but also has to listen to her awful remarks and attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

Awesome doctor! Great bedside manners. Every time I've seen Dr. Kowal, she is always polite, and interested in what I say about how I'm feeling. Her staff is awesome too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Kowal is a great doctor.Great bedside manner and extremely intelligent. She caught something that I have had for a long time that had not been treated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

she is the best Dr--anyone would be lucky to have her as their physician

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

She is the best rheumatologist that I have been to in 30 years in southwest Florida .....finally...worth the drive from cape coral

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I have a special place in my heart for this fantastic and caring doctor. After transferring here from out of state, I could not find a doctor who was willing to continue my treatment in the manner that had been working well for me. Seems they all had an agenda of treatment I had to accept rather than what had already proven effective. Dr. Kowal was the only compassionate soul who listened and cared. Ironically, though I feel I owe her so much, she is also the only dr whose priority doesn't seem to be money! You are an angel Dr Kowal! Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

Dr Kowal has been my physician for 13+ years. She is a diamond in the rough. Not only is she an excellent Dr. but she is one of the very few left who genuinely cares about her patients and not the dollars attached to it. She was voted by her peers on of the top 100 Drs. and if voted among her patients, there would be no doubt she would be number 1. While most Drs. put their faith in Lab tests and x-rays alone, Dr. Kowal listens to your problems allowing her to remain both objective and subjective at the same time. I feel so lucky and spoiled to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859526].votes_count ]]