Rate Dr. John S. Caskey

Dr. John S. Caskey's Ratings

I consider Dr. Caskey very professional, knowledgable and thorough in his evaluation of ailments. I also like the option of having alternative medicine as an option for some conditions. I have recommended friends to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

My wife an I have been seeing Dr. caskey for abou 5years. He is very competent. He is very well connected to the hospital and medical community here. He knows a lot of medicine. He is cautious anb very candid. If he doesn't know what's wrong, he says so. He is open to the opinions of the patient and collaborates very well with specialists called in cases where their knowledge and insights may be valuable or required. I have had three primary care physicians in the past 28 years in Santa Fe prior to Dr. Caskey. He is the best of all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

This doctor is very knowledeable and open to alternative medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2011

After losing my doctor of 18 years two years ago because he closed his practice, I visited Dr. Caskey and another doctor to try to decide on a replacement. During the initial visit with Dr. Caskey, he stated he was not sure how long he would remain in Santa Fe, and that concerned me. He was also very disorganized, since it was a new practice. But he seemed quite smart. Since he was still here after two years, I thought I would try him again, because the other doctor I was seeing was not to my liking. I took a day off from work and drove an hour to see him. When he found that I had seen another doctor since I had seen him, he simply said, since I didn't choose him first, and stick with him, he didn't want me back!! I have never been so humiliated. He accused me of shopping for doctors. I had spent 18 years with my doctor before he retired. Taking two years to find a good new doctor did not seem unreasonable. I was so upset when I left his office I almost vomited.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I found Dr. Caskey's care, guidance and concern of the highest quality and professionalism in both routine medical matters and during urgent care in the St. Vincent emergency room and ICU. His care returned me to health and provided the advice to increase and maintain good health in a refreshingly holistic approach. I could not recommend any doctor with whom I have consulted in the last sixty years any more than Dr. John Caskey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2010

Would not call me back when I had an urgent, follow up medical issue and I requested to speak to him. After 4 days, his med records clerk called to say he insisted on an appointment and would not speak to me by phone. When I went in and asked why he had not called back, he went into a "rant" about how he does not have time to speak to patients because he must get home to his wife and small kids. Note that I was a new patient, had only seen him once before and had never called before. The first time I saw him, I was on crutches and I had called him to tell him I had since been diagnosed with a potentially serious fracture and to seek his opinion and guidance. I will NEVER return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2009

Vary knowlegeable, great bedside manner, excellent staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2008

After interviewing Dr. Caskey as a potential new patient, we both agreed he was not the physican for me. He became very defensive when I mentioned he seemed "stressed." Acknowleging that he was, our interview deteriorated from there. According to Dr. Caskey he had "1400 patients" and "14 - 15 people a week" interviewing him just as I was. It was clear he was not interested in taking on 1401. His attitude, demeanor, and obvious stress level put us both in position to acknowledge he would not be the right physician for me. Dr. Caskey was knowledgable about medicine, but his lack of interpersonal skills, approachability, and arrogant behavior isn't a doctor I would use or recommend interviewing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2008

Dr. Caskey is intelligent, caring, and is clearly committed to giving high quality care to his patients. His office staff are top notch and have done an incredible job with accommodating my schedule when I need an appointment. Also, they have gone out of their way to notify me if my appointment time needs to be rescheduled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2008

Most courteous, patient and thorough care provided in Santa Fe. Represents what doctors always used to care about, humanity rather than pure business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859541].votes_count ]]