Dr. John H. Ahn

Safety Harbor, Florida Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Gastroenterologist
Website:
Practice: Dr.John H. Ahn D.O.PL.
Hospital: Morton Plant Mease Hospital
Phone:727-796-4166
Med. School:New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology
Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 18/05/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. John H. Ahn has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5671004

22/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9  Respond
RID: 5573260
21/06/14 1 1 1 1 The nurse at the Dr. office name Babara is very rude. She doesn't respond to phone calls, In addition she treat patients poorly. Gave wrong colonoscopy procedure and no explanation, instead morning procedure she gave afternoon procedure she wrote wrong weight of my son 22 years old had autism and crohn disease , instead losing 20LB of weight she wrote gain 30LB of weight. she very lazy did not want to stand up to read the weight and asked me to read what i gave her the correct weight but she didn't fix it.later Dr had to correct my son's weight. the nurse is not knowledgeable. I don't trust her ability.Dr Ahn had a bad temper he does not listen to the patient. He blew off my complaints....!!!  Respond
RID: 5526637

05/06/14 1 2 1 2 The nurse at the Dr. office called my work and spoke to one of my coworkers about my treatment and finances. She just ASSUMED he was my husband because he had the same first name as my husband, which is a common male name. Never confirmed his last name until my coworker told the nurse that he wasn't married. MAJOR HIPPA violation of my personal information. I will never go back to this Dr. again! Apparently you have to tell the staff that you are not married to every person with that first name. I felt completely violated when I found out she spoke to a coworker, that I don't even know very well. He now knows a LOT more about me than I really would like him to.
RID: 2583402
12/03/13 5 5 5 5 Although I gave high ratings for the office Dr Ahn, while an intelligent man, does not listen to the patient. He blew off my complaints (ie; constant belching)and I pretty much felt I received a death sentence of Crohn's. I left his practice after my last hospitalization and started seeing a natrupath, taking chinese herbs, and went on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I haven't been back to the hospital in 3 YEARS! and was previously going monthly. Don't know where I would be today if I had listened to Dr Ahn.  Respond
RID: 1662498
15/12/11 4 2 3 3 His PA is very rude and doesn't call back. She misdiagnosed me and she is not knowledgeable. She doesn't respond to phone calls. I don't trust her ability. Dr Ahn is knowledgeable and diagnosed me correctly.
See Responses
RID: 1426510

27/04/11 3 3 2 2 Had high liver bld test because of cholestrol med. He wanted to do Liver Needle biopsy Now!- I wanted to wait to see if bld tests came down after I stopped that med. He yelled at me that he is Dr & he knows best & I need to do what he says! I couldn't believe it! 6 mths later bld test is normal- & I wasted $ on an U/S & CAT Scan! Also his PA harrassed me about smoking both visits- I wanted to talk about liver- she wanted to talk about cigs! She said at school they told them the more they "go at" the pt. The more likely pt will quit. Not what I needed!!!!! Never again.
RID: 1235887
24/08/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Ahn has always been professional and very knowledgeable. I went in for a colonoscopy and when he saw the medicines I took, he noticed I was taking something for acid reflux. He immediately suggested and endoscopy. He found Barretts Esophogas, which I had never heard of. Thanks to him I can now take proper precautions and get checked regularly.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 846722
30/03/09 5 5 5 5 This man knows his stuff. He has sat with me for as long as I needed to discuss my problems. I have had an endo and colonoscopy, both went smoothly with no discomfort. To the previous complaint regarding being told the procedures have to be done seperately, this is the case most of the time. In my case, I took it into my own hands and called my insurance to see if I could have both done at once. You have to participate in your own welfare, don't count on a Dr's office to do everything. I have gone to Dr. Ahn for 5 years and wouldn't go to anyone else.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 726583
20/11/08 4 1 2 5 While Dr. Ahn demonstrates excellent medical skills, I will never do business with him again. As a heart patient with extreme arrhythmia concerns, I am at great risk when it comes to excessive procedures requiring anesthesia. When my PCP sent me to Dr. Ahn for a colonoscopy and endoscopy, he wrongly told me I had to have the procedures done separately on consecutive days because Aetna would only cover my expenses for one of those if done on the same day. Only after I went through the pre-op, anesthesia and procedure, and recovery did I discover the truth: If done at the same time, the physician would only get 50% for the second procedure... but doing it separately cost ME an extra $700 out of pocket for the duplicate services! That in addition to the increased medical risk really upsets me.
RID: 723824
17/11/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Ahn is wonderful. He is very caring and gentle. His concern was evident with the time he took to address my issues and explain things to me. He made sure that I was kept informed of all findings and when I experienced discomfort he offered his hand for me to squeeze. I would recommend him to anyone and feel blessed to have him for my doctor.
RID: 471121
25/12/07 5 5 5 5 very impressed with his knowledge and skills and lifesaving diagnostics done quickly and efficently. gracious manner. actually listens to his patients and patients family. very capable, serious doctor. stays abreast of new medical technology and discoveries. willing to compromise with using some natural healing methods as well as allopathic medicine. I appreciated that about him. He shows genuine concern for patients well being. really like this doctor a lot. always wears a cute bowtie. office very clean. staff courteous and helpful. They treat your problems like their own. When you have a serious problem, call backs from dr. office are prompt. Spends time with his hospital patients (not just a breeze through like some other doctors) and works well with patients family to make sure of understanding communications. I would give this dr. the highest rating.
RID: 182776
11/03/07 5 5 5 Wonderful Dr. I am his patient and a nurse at Countryside hospital. Ive never talked to one of his patients who didnt love him to death! He is very caring and professional. He's the bvest GI that I know! Kathy F
RID: 101702
19/01/07 4 5 5 Dr. Ahn took time with me to find out exactly what my symptoms were and how we should go about treating them. I was part of that process, he is not the type of doctor that tells you, he lets you decide. He is knowlegeable about new medications and will fully explain everything himself. Wonderful doctor! Highly recommend.
RID: 53493
31/10/06 5 5 5 Dr Ahn did a colonscopy on me 7-05 and I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. He was very concerned and followed up with my regular physician to find out how I was doing. He saved my life doing this. He was very caring, concerned and professional. I am now cancer free. Donna
RID: 53454
31/10/06 1 1 2 The office is unprofessional. In addition they treat patients poorly even if they call in advance and have to cancel. Some people have job and have to work unlike these almighty doctors and their golf hours. I called and canceled days in advance due to sales calls with large clients and they went crazy. Avoid.
RID: 44879
12/09/06 5 5 5 Very Professional and an excellant surgeon. I would use him again. I find him to be very knowledgeable and extremely well spoken. I had no problems communicating with him. E.T.
RID: 30275
14/05/06 3 2 3 Very smart but has displayed a short temper at times. Did not take time to listen to me; he had trouble understanding me and was disrespectful. Also has problems communicating with insurance companies. His treatments were ineffective in my case.
RID: 24838
09/03/06 1 1 1 Dont spend time with patient. Jump to procedure.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 13065
01/10/05 5 5 5 Dr. Ahn took time with me to find out exactly what my symptoms were and how we should go about treating them. I was part of that process, he is not the type of doctor that tells you, he lets you decide. He is knowlegeable about new medications and will fully explain everything himself. Wonderful doctor! Highly recommend.