Rate Dr. John L. Couvaras

Dr. John L. Couvaras's Ratings

We were hopeful initially when we met with him. Did not have any known fertility problems just our age. Some of his practices and requirements seemed unsafe and a bit scary frankly. We had a real issue with the fact that there was a never an R.N. in the office to answer medical questions as they came up or when we were sent home with instructions instead the office manager/assistant who was extremely judgemental and unfriendly would attempt to assist. Any other doctor office I've ever been to has a nurse who will call back to answer specific medial questions especially when they are asking you to do things on your own. . Did not get a prompt response to phone calls or concerns when things were not going well. Over time I lost confidence in his ability as a physician when a procedure he performed on me was done incorrectly and had to be fixed by a surgeon after months of pain and suffering. Also, everytime he spoke to us he looked directly at my husband even though I was the one who was receiving the majority of the instructions. Something about him seemed very creepy and sexist. Since the time we've left him I've spoken to many physicians out there who really question the safety of his procedures. He is not the only fertility doctor in town. My recommendation here is do your homework and trust your instinct. Please do not let him make you feel like he is the only doctor in town who can help you, it's simply not true.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

BEST. DOCTOR. EVER. We are thrilled to have met Dr. Couvaras and are filled with so much hope that we will be able to conceive. He is brilliant and very determined to find the answer why we've been struggling for so long. I know we'll be successful, I have no doubt now. After reading reviews by other women, I know we came to the right place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

Dr. Couvaras provides very personalized and detailed care-which is irreplacebale when going through infertility. He schedules A LOT of time with each patient, and never rushes through appointments. He treats you like a person- not just another patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I was with another fertility dr in the valley for 10yrs. I lost a total of 6 pregnancies and they never looked into the reason why.As long as I had the money they did IVF again and again. I just felt like a number. Dr. Couvares has looked into every possible reason why I lost those pregnancies and how to treat some of the possible reasons. He has given he hope that I never had. I can say enough about him and his staff they are so attentive and caring. I just feel like they are doing everthing they can for me to help me and my husband and not just looking for dollar signs. I realize everyone is in buisness to make money however as a dr helping a patient should come first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Would not recommend this Doc. Terrible experience. Does not listen to the patient especially if you are a female. It's always his way or you take a "high way"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2010

Dr. Couvaras is wonderful! He showed more concern, provided more information and gave me more hope in one visit than I have had with all my other doctors combined. He is knowledgeable and thinks outside the box to help determine the best course of action for you. We have suffered losses and Dr. Couvaras was so detailed and took the time to talk to me it gave me hope that one day we will have a healthy child. If you are looking for an RE that treats the person and looks at your whole situation, this is the doctor for you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

I think Dr. Couvaras is a genius! I would recommend him to anyone having trouble with miscarriage or infertility. He was our third RE we went to in the valley and he was the only one who could figure me out! I would'nt be a mom right now without him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

Dr. C is one of the best Doctors I have ever met. He is very challenged to figure out what is going on and he is great at thinking out side the box, which can bring you to your desired result a health baby.He never stops thinking about your case and what can be done. To know Dr. C is to love him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2009

Dr. Couvaras is THE BEST DOCTOR for fertility problems. I had expirience with other reproductive endocrinologists in the Valley and I was very disappointed. I was very pleased with the services and staff at Dr. Couvaras' office. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The office is nice and has relaxing atmosphere. Dr. Couvaras spend a lot of time with me explaining every aspect of my treatment. He went above and beyond to find the reason for my infertility. He is thinking outside the box, looking for explanation and new treatment. He was always available and willing to explan. At one point of my treatment, I almost gave up but he did not. Thanks to Dr. Couvaras I have beautiful daughter. I was referred to him because he was THE BEST in his field and he lived up to my expectations. I would recomend Dr. Couvaras to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2009

Dr. Couvarous is one of the most kind and responsive doctors out there. He always listened to my concerns and have a personal detailed plan for me each time I left an appointment. He was also able to explain many medical issues is a easy to understand way that did not confuse or scare me. He was available around the clock if there was any problems with me or with labs. He hardly ever made me wait and he was thorough and honest. I would recommend him to any of my friends who were searching for a Infertility doctor. He is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][859833].votes_count ]]