Rate Dr. William J. Garcia

Dr. William J. Garcia's Ratings

Dr. Garcia is knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable. He is soft spoken and answers all questions without any hesitation. He did a laparotomy for me to remove uterine fibroid followed by laparoscopy to remove scar tissues. I' ll continue consulting Dr. Garcia as I had a good experience. Most of his staff is good. It is relatively easy to get appointments but be ready for long waiting times.

Submitted July 4, 2013 | flag

I love Dr. Garcia, He is a very warm, caring doctor. Not to mention he is very knowledgeable. Has a wonderful bedside manner. He did a very difficult surgery on me, after another doc had messed me up. He really took a personal interest in my case. This was several years ago. Nancy worked for him at the time. Not sure if she is with him. She was wonderful also. I would say he had lots to do with saving my life then. I had experienced horrible nerve damage from a previous surgery at the hands of another doctor. He, nor any other doctor can fix it. He suggested I go to a pain clinic. That was before I had ever heard of one & didn't have a clue what it was about. I did go after suffering months in extreme pain. I then took his advice & went. If Dr. Garcia didn't recomend that I go, I doubt I would be here today. I was bedbound in extreme agony at the end of my rope. The doc that messed me up did not try to help me in any way after. So I owe this doctor my life.He is wonderful.Signed, Katie

Submitted March 10, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Garcia for seven years. I have always been impressed with his helpfulness and genuine concern. I was 41 years old and just married & wanted to have a baby when I first went to him. The big firtility clinics said they would only do IVF with another women's eggs. Dr. Garcia was more than happy to first try fert.shots. I had a healthy baby girl a year and a half later two days before my 43rd birthday, with my own eggs and no IVF. He has been my doctor ever since.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2009 | flag

Re. other comment - heh that's part and parcel of going to an OB/GYN, they can't control when babies are gonna be born!! I have been going to this office for 8 years and have always been impressed with it. It's a small office with a PA, a receptionist and the doctor. That means that there is rarely a wait to get an appointment since it's not a mega-huge practice, but of course if Dr. G is called to the hospital, then yeah they are going to need to reschedule you (this has happened RARELY in the 8 years I've been a patient there). They are responsive, helpful and respond quickly to questions. I've had multiple kids and a reproductive surgery with Dr. G and recommend him highly to all of my friends who are looking for an OB/GYN. What I like about him (besides that he is very nice and extremely funny) is that he takes a common-sensical approach to pregnancy. He is not one of those "pregnant ladies should live in a bubble!" docs who hands you a list of 101 things to avoid while pregnant.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2009 | flag

I have never been more upset after a doctors visit. I arranged the appointment during my lunch break and I was made to wait 2 hours before the nurses finally admitted the DOCTOR WASN'T EVEN IN. I had approached them a few times before they finally called him and after another call, he called back, saying that he was out and hadn't been planning on coming back to the office! They said he could come in and I would be seen first if I waited another 90 minutes. NINETY MINUTES! During my 2 hours in the waiting room, the room filled up with about 6 other patients. They definitely wasted all of our time. WHY DID THEY SET UP THESE APPOINTMENTS IF HE WASN'T IN? AND WHY DIDN'T THE NURSES TELL US INSTEAD OF CHECKING US ALL IN AND MAKING US ALL WASTE HOURS OF THE WORKDAY? Needless to say, I will never be going back to this facility.

Submitted March 10, 2008 | flag