Rate Dr. Mark Antosz

Dr. Mark Antosz's Ratings

Beginning stages of braces on my 8 year old , excellent follow up so far

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I felt the need to comment after reading a few of these reviews...First of all, I was recommended to Dr. Antosz office by my family dentist. My initial impressions of the office was that it was very clean and professionally run. Even though it is a very busy office, the staff polite, detail orientated, and professional . There are times when I waited past my booked appointment....But every dentist and doctors offices have these issues... As for my treatment, my braces were removed 8 months after the estimated time frame...Although this was personally frustrating, I knew all people respond differently to different treatments.. That being said, I am very pleased with the end product...Straight Teeth! My only complaint would be regarding the price.. Dr. Antosz's office is not the cheapest in the city (again, like any other dental office).. Without hesitation, I would recommend his office/ service to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

WORST ORTHO CLINIC EVER. THERE STAFF IS HORRIBLE. steer clear from the receptionists they will mess up all your appointments and you will be disappointed. the front desk never know what they are talking about. I paid in full for my braces. They do NOT care about your time or well-being they just want your money. My bracket broke and they never bothered to contact me or anything. When I had left numerous messages. They'd always hang up on you or put you on hold for 20+ minutes. Save your $$ and go somewhere else where you will be treated properly. If your like me and have paid $3,000+ thousand you should be respected and treated like family walking into a clinic. You will not see that from this place. Do not walk away from this business, RUN. I'm so disappointed that my family dentist referred me to this place. It is honestly horrible. Thanks for nothing. I want my money back. I will definitely go to the media about this.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560233].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
My apologies that you felt that you had such a bad experience at our office. We take great pride in providing the best service possible but we also know that there are times that we do not meet even our high standards. If we had been made aware of your concerns I know that we would have found a way to address them and do our best to fix them. But, we cannot attempt to fix or address what we are unaware of.
I hope that your assertion that we are the worst clinic ever is based on vast experience with other office so that you have a reasonable comparison cohort. That is a very broad statement and we would disagree.
As for your reference to being 'hung up on' I can tell you with certainty that no member of our staff would EVER deliberately hang up on a patient. As with many multi line phone systems, accidents can happen and a call can be dropped. I suspect that is what occurred.
Our voicemail is checked daily and all calls are logged and tracked. I cannot speak to your claim of leaving messages and never getting a call back but that is not our procedure and the first time we have even been told that by a patient.
Again, we wish that you had a better experience with us and regret you didn't but it is a stretch to so viciously comment on our practice anonymously without us ever being made aware of the issues and being given an opportunity to make things better for you and your family. I must also express our disappointment that you would threaten to libel us with media intervention. We do not shy away from criticism and value opinions whether positive or negative but attacks are a different matter.
Feel free to contact us if you wish to address your concerns in a respectful manner.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

The Dr was very highly recommended. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and tried to be good with kids, but if something goes wrong he won't ever believe it's his fault. Had to get cosmetic work done by my dentist after my orthodontic work had finished. Would not return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2464222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Thank you for your review. We cannot comment on the details of your case since we do not know who you are and cannot open your treatment file. That said, it is not that uncommon for some cases to need cosmetic work once their orthodontic treatment is done. Many factors such as the natural shape of your teeth, how well you wore your retainers and how much wear your teeth have sustained can have an impact on both the long term functional and aesthetic health of your teeth.
We are also unable to truly respond to 'what went wrong' unless we could thoroughly review your case. If you still have concerns we would be happy to have you call the office and see if we can provide you with specific information about your case and why cosmetic work was done/suggested.
It would also help us to know if we suggest the cosmetic work or did your dentist tell you it was necessary? Were we made aware of the work that was done? The answers to these questions would go a long way towards helping us understand your concerns.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

My child saw Dr. Antosz for 7 years. Initially we loved him! But as his Practice grew, so did his ego! At first he said that he was excited to help us as much as possible as my child's case was the second most sever he's seen in his years of Practice. He was good...he was very good with our daughter and, I do believe his work was fantastic. THAT is not the problem. The problem came after her "rest" period. Our circumstances had changed and we no longer had insurance and my husband was unemployed. He wanted to REDO the ENTIRE treatment AGAIN! That meant ANOTHER $6-9 THOUSAND dollars, all of which he wanted paid in 18 mths. YES..18 mths. When we said "are there options, can we do some and not all?" He threw a temper tantrum the size of his ego (which is huge!!) and stormed out of the room and advised his "asst" to consider our daughter's case closed. THANKS for nothing. After 7 years, no missed or late payments, I would have expected some flexibility in paying at the least.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2080306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Mark Antosz's response
Thank you for your review. Our apologies that you feel you had a difficult experience in our office.
The rest period that you refer to is what is called 2 Phase Treatment. Some children require early intervention with their bite in order to head off more challenging problems later on. Getting the jaws in the proper position early so that treatment later on is easier, less intensive and more successful is a cornerstone of our practice. It would never be a case of 'redoing' treatment. It would be a case of having intervened with jaw positioning early then waiting for all permanent teeth to come in so we can then put the teeth in proper occlusion. The costs of this type of treatment are no more than waiting and doing a full upper/lower full braces case. Many orthodontists use this approach and we have been successfully using this treatment philosophy for 25yr.
Our apologies on the difficult personal situation you found yourself in at the time. Our payment schedules are never ever written in stone. We have alway provided our patients with interest free financing and extremely flexible payments. That too is a cornerstone of our practice. If you could not have afforded the treatment at that time regardless of a monthly payment plan we understand. It happens.
And never ever has Dr. Antosz advise an assistant or Treatment Coordinator to call a case closed. That may be a misunderstanding of terminology. You most certainly can wait to begin the second phase of your child's treatment but the case would always remain open. You would be put on a continued Recall program where we would monitor progress on a bi annual basis free of charge.
I hope that helps explain how we approach that type of treatment. We are always open to discussing your concerns so please fell free to call us of you wish. We'd be happy to see what we can do to make this a more positive situation for you and your family.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Would not recommend this orthodontist to anyone. While my other adult friend were offered options such as clear brackets, I was told Dr. Antosz doesn't feel they work as well. Meanwhile my friends results were much better than mine. At my consult he said he could improve my bite dramatically, then at the end when I was explained I didn't get the results I hoped for he recommended plastic surgery!! Wish I had saved my money and saw my friend's orthodontist instead. He can be very condescending and I witnessed what looked like bullying to some poor unsuspecting teens. Couldn't help but think all the money I spent was being used to fund his superhero obsession. Very disapointed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2080305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

Good support staff, Dr Antosz himself I wasn't impressed with. He's knowledgable (if you ask the right questions otherwise information is lacking) but has a terrible bedside manner. I found him to be condescending to the point of being almost rude. I would definitely not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2080304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2012

Excellent experience! Dr Antoz was very knowledgeable and personalbe. The staff were very good at what they do. Well done all around!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2080303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

My two children had treatment with Dr. Antosz. I found his staff extremely helpful, competent, and friendly. The doctor was very knowledgeable and extremely professional. He was always willing to answer any questions regarding treatment. He and his staff are very involved in the community also. I can't think of a better office to have treatment at.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2080302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

Very professional, well run office. Dr. Antosz is thoughtful and knows his business well. Well liked by my children and me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2080301].votes_count ]]