Rate Dr. A. David Tahernia

Dr. A. David Tahernia's Ratings

Dr Tahernia performed surgery on my wife which involved planting a stimulator pack in her back to control her pain. The operation took 2-3 time longer than usual and when Dr. came out to see me he said they had difficulty and that he had to "cut more than usual and she will be in severe pain." I said "well you are going to prescribe post op meds of course." "No, he responds, he pain dr will do that." Her pain Dr. was not available and I pleaded with Dr Tahernia to keep her in the hospital for obervation just that night or presscibe meds. He refused which resulted in my wife being in delerious pain and the swelling so bad in paralized her from the waste down leading her to fall and break her leg severly. At 74 with asthma and COPD it led eventually to her death, Dr. Tahernia takes no responsiblity for what happened. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2630246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

After my fusion L3/4 and laminectomy L4/5 Nov. 2011 I am back to dancing, playing golf and doing whatever I want. I spent a year in pain and 8 weeks prior to my surgery flat on my stomach unable to sit in a chair, car, anything. He and his staff were professional, compassionate and courteous and Dr. Tahernia has an excellent bedside manner. I would recommend him (and have to 5 friends who he has done surgery on since mine) highly and I trust him completely. A wonderful Dr and great human being!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][861232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2012

Only surgeon that ever told me not to have surgery!! Dr,Tahernia said there are several other options to try first. Thanks to his honesty and willingness to listen as well as advise, I have put off surgery for three years and that is because I followed his advise. Its rare to find openness and caring in anyone but in a great Dr. it may be the find of a lifetime.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I was in severe pain for over 6 months and decided on surgery. Results amazing. After two weeks I'm walking between 2-3 miles a day. Dr. Taherni was wonderful - extremely thorough in all info he provided to me. Would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Tahernia has greatly improved the quality of my life. I tolerated 5 years of back pain that is now gone. He completed a successful lumbar fusion. It has been three weeks since surgery and I walked a block today unassisted. His entire surgery staff was experienced and so assuring (believe me, I was very apprehensive and searched for the right physician.) My surgery was completed at Eisenhower Hospital here in Palm Desert.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2010

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2009

On the day of my surgery, Dr. T met me in his scrubs to explain the procedure. He was like a kid in a candy store. I have never felt more confident about a serious surgery as I did with him. It was a positive experiance I will never forget. I wish him well in his career.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861228].votes_count ]]