Rate Dr. Robbins L. Gottlock

Dr. Robbins L. Gottlock's Ratings

I was looking for a doctor who was located near my office (Meatpacking/Chelsea) and found Dr Gottlock and his practice. Office was well run, I had a brief wait. Was seen first by a nurse who did a great job with my intake, and then Dr Gottlock came in for the examination. He took a complete medical history, was easy to talk to, explained everything clearly and was kind and caring. Would definitely recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2429794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Was told to arrive 15 minutes early and waited over an hour after the sch'd appointment time. The waiting room is dirty (stuff all over the floor), you can hear the traffic from outside, and people sit there coughing away. The office area is stacked high with unfilled folders. I completed my paperwork and asked one staff person at the counter what to do with it, she told me to sit down. Then shortly thereafter another one called me up and demanded my paperwork. The doctor himself is very nice and is a good listener. He got me setup with any issues I discussed with him. I had some blood work done, which I was supposed to receive a call about. I never received that call. I've since called to check on it and the results. Both times the phone rings and rings. Then someone picks up, puts you on hold, then comes back and takes a message. That person cannot give you the results. Whomever is supposed to call back so far has not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Great doctor. He took the time to get to know me, listened to all your concerns and has a very warm, friendly approach, not rushed at all. I have been treated by other doctors I have disliked a lot and I am so relieved to finally find one who I really like and trust.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2010

Dr. Gottlock is caring, patient, knowledgeable, and insightful. I've been a patient for several years and he remembers details about me, which helps a lot. I like him so much that I have put up with the often rude treatment by staff in the 23rd St. office (this was not the case in his previous smaller practice on 28th St.). They can be OK in person, but dealing with them on the phone is nearly impossible--I feel as if the patient is an annoyance and we are supposed to have their routines and policies memorized or get snapped at. Also, the wait can be long, especially for walk-ins. I have actually considered switching doctors because of the staff and the difficulty in getting in to see him, but it's probably no better in other practices. When you finally get to see the doctor, he's great and you feel confident that you're getting the best medical treatment possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2009

Dr. Gottlock is a very personable and caring doctor. He states his diagnosis, listens to questions and answers them kindly. He is a gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2009

This doctor is a gem. He listens carefully and gives you his full attention, which is rare nowadays. I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2008

Finally, a bright, caring doctor in the neighborhood! Dr. Gottlock's clinic is very busy - and the staff is a little brusque - but he takes the time to truly listen to me and explain everything concisely. My wife and I adore him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2008

I just had my first visit to Dr. Gottlock - turning to him because my previous excellent doctor moved away from the city - and was relieved to find that he seems to be great. He was patient and personable, and answered all my questions competently and completely. I had thought of him as just an "in between" doctor, but now I hope I can utilize his services for many years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Gottlock was patient, kind, caring, and intelligent. He took time to explain everything to me and offering many options for treatment, as well as a smiling face and a word of kindness. If there were more doctors like him, people wouldn't dread getting medical care. He even made some suggestions on how I could get health insurance and sympathized with my situation! He is amazingly smart AND compassionate. 1000 percent satisfied!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

He is the best! He sits down and explains everything with you. We need more doctors like this!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][861627].votes_count ]]