Dr. Robbins L. Gottlock

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Robbins L. Gottlock has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5334874
07/04/14 5 4 5 5 I was looking for a doctor who was located near my office (Meatpacking/Chelsea) and found Dr Gottlock and his practice. Office was well run, I had a brief wait. Was seen first by a nurse who did a great job with my intake, and then Dr Gottlock came in for the examination. He took a complete medical history, was easy to talk to, explained everything clearly and was kind and caring. Would definitely recommend him to others.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Robbins" to "Robbins L."
RID: 1136147
25/03/10 1 1 2 4 Was told to arrive 15 minutes early and waited over an hour after the sch'd appointment time. The waiting room is dirty (stuff all over the floor), you can hear the traffic from outside, and people sit there coughing away. The office area is stacked high with unfilled folders. I completed my paperwork and asked one staff person at the counter what to do with it, she told me to sit down. Then shortly thereafter another one called me up and demanded my paperwork. The doctor himself is very nice and is a good listener. He got me setup with any issues I discussed with him. I had some blood work done, which I was supposed to receive a call about. I never received that call. I've since called to check on it and the results. Both times the phone rings and rings. Then someone picks up, puts you on hold, then comes back and takes a message. That person cannot give you the results. Whomever is supposed to call back so far has not.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1103892
11/02/10 3 4 5 5 Great doctor. He took the time to get to know me, listened to all your concerns and has a very warm, friendly approach, not rushed at all. I have been treated by other doctors I have disliked a lot and I am so relieved to finally find one who I really like and trust.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 988450
16/09/09 1 3 5 5 Dr. Gottlock is caring, patient, knowledgeable, and insightful. I've been a patient for several years and he remembers details about me, which helps a lot. I like him so much that I have put up with the often rude treatment by staff in the 23rd St. office (this was not the case in his previous smaller practice on 28th St.). They can be OK in person, but dealing with them on the phone is nearly impossible--I feel as if the patient is an annoyance and we are supposed to have their routines and policies memorized or get snapped at. Also, the wait can be long, especially for walk-ins. I have actually considered switching doctors because of the staff and the difficulty in getting in to see him, but it's probably no better in other practices. When you finally get to see the doctor, he's great and you feel confident that you're getting the best medical treatment possible.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 761840
12/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gottlock is a very personable and caring doctor. He states his diagnosis, listens to questions and answers them kindly. He is a gem.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 661432
09/08/08 4 4 5 5 This doctor is a gem. He listens carefully and gives you his full attention, which is rare nowadays. I recommend him highly.  Respond
RID: 660439
07/08/08 4 4 5 5 Finally, a bright, caring doctor in the neighborhood! Dr. Gottlock's clinic is very busy - and the staff is a little brusque - but he takes the time to truly listen to me and explain everything concisely. My wife and I adore him.  Respond
RID: 648136
24/07/08 1 2 5 4 I just had my first visit to Dr. Gottlock - turning to him because my previous excellent doctor moved away from the city - and was relieved to find that he seems to be great. He was patient and personable, and answered all my questions competently and completely. I had thought of him as just an "in between" doctor, but now I hope I can utilize his services for many years!  Respond
RID: 613903
14/06/08 4 5 5 5 Dr. Gottlock was patient, kind, caring, and intelligent. He took time to explain everything to me and offering many options for treatment, as well as a smiling face and a word of kindness. If there were more doctors like him, people wouldn't dread getting medical care. He even made some suggestions on how I could get health insurance and sympathized with my situation! He is amazingly smart AND compassionate. 1000 percent satisfied!  Respond
RID: 565266
14/04/08 5 5 5 5 He is the best! He sits down and explains everything with you. We need more doctors like this!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield