Rate Dr. Robert Lui

Dr. Robert Lui's Ratings

When I first met Dr. Lui, I was apprehensive but he quickly put me to ease with his sense of humour and his professional knowledge. He told me what the surgery procedure would be like, and how my healing would happen. Come surgery date, he came and talked to me pre-op, then he visited me post-op. All the nurses that checked on my dressing would comment just from looking, "Dr. Lui, he's very special." I really feel lucky that I got the best surgeon!

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

I can say I have had the best , dr lui is his name , he will need to keep work for a little longer ,6 I have needed him three times and may need him more , he is to the point and good bedside he is just the best no one can bet this man ! Linda is great to !

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

I had a lump removed from my armpit by Dr. Lui in May 2013. The skill of Dr. Lui was apparent in the very minimal pain and discomfort I had after the surgery. His great sense of humour sure helps with the associated anxiety of surgery and diagnosis. The follow-up from Linda in the office has been excellent. Thank you Dr. Lui for your skill and experience and for making my surgery pretty much smooth sailing.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2013 | flag

This has to be the worst service I have ever received. I have been waiting three weeks for a call back. I called at least 5 times to set up an appointment and they keep telling me that they're going to call me back and now I try calling and I get a message that the doctor is on vacation until August. Absolutely the worst treatment I have ever been given.

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

3/1/13,midnite had an emergency appendix operation.15 minutes before the operation Dr.Lui and his surgical team surrounded me, talked with me, explained what was going to happen, and I had full confidence in Dr.Lui formed in those 15 min. The appendix had ruptured about 1 week prior to the operation..I am amazed at his skill, the times he came to visit daily for 20days at the hospital, where he would sit down, have a coffee,and answer all questions my wife and I had. Great bed side manners, great humour, unbelievable medical skill and knowledge. He laid out in detail everything that I would experience during the next 20days,and he was dead on.He has set the bar for excellence very high.

Submitted March 22, 2013 | flag

Dr Lui is wonderful. I had my gall bladder removal done by him. He answered all my questions clearly. My operation was planned and booked fast. I recovered very fast and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort after that. His reception, Linda is so friendly. He is highly recommended.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2012 | flag

Very knowledgeable and honest. My family doctor thought I needed a hernia operation. Dr. Lui explained why it wasn't necessary, although, if I insisted on it, he would perform the operation, collect his pay cheque and I probably wouldn't be much better off.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2012 | flag

What can I add that hasn't already been said here? We are so lucky to live in Canada and have access to such a knowledgeable and skilled surgeon such as Dr. Lui. And yes, Linda is amazing. If you have just found out you need surgery and Dr. Lui is your guy - way to go, you will be well taken care of with his amazing, skilled hands...

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag

I rate Dr. Lui with a 5+ as I have never met a more caring and understanding person like him. I went into emergency with a perforated small Intestine. There was a complication of muscle being lost in my urine and he caught it. i was in hospital for five days and during that time he came to see and reassure me that all went well with my operation. I would highly recommend him, in fact he will be performing another operation June 20th and I know I will be in good hands.

Submitted June 7, 2012 | flag

First surgeon refused to take out my gall bladder as I did not have typical symptoms-vomiting, turned yellow, stomach pain. HOwever, my test results were weird,and I had other problems which were painful. Dr Lui agreed to take it out as once you have gall bladder problems you may as well get it out !!He got my surgery within a week . Cannot thank him enough !! Yes, his receptionist is also wonderful !!!

Submitted May 13, 2012 | flag