Rate Dr. William L. Bargar

Dr. William L. Bargar's Ratings

Sloppy surgery. Had towasws have second surgery to remove staple removed from incision. Never revealed that his team was responsible for this error. Full charges for second surgery. Sloppy work and not forthcoming. Will not ever return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Bargar did my total hip replacement 30 years after a derotational osteotomy and two subsequent hip surgeries (done elsewhere). I was referred by my surgeon at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. I'm a very active 53, now 5 weeks post-surgery and two weeks walking walker/cane-free (inside). I am delighted with the outcome. Once he reviewed my history and accepted my case, Dr. Bargar was very thorough in exams, tests, analysis and discussion of what special modifications I needed due to the previous surgeries. He is out of network for Anthem BC/BS, so my insurance only paid roughly 25% of the cost, but I decided it was well worth it. He was very proactive in my treatment and follow-up. I found his staff responsive, friendly, and helpful. I observed that he was held in the highest possible esteem by the hospital staff. I believe I'm in the most competent hands, and give him the highest possible rating, particularly for difficult cases. I can't wait to get back on the trail!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][862229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr Bargar did a total hip on me in Feb 1985. After two 50 mile back packing trips and numerous other sierra hikes the hip is wearing out. VA is going to be doing my hip revision only because I have no insurance or money to have Dr Bargar fix me properly. 26 years plus of pain free good mobility thanks to Dr Bargar

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][862228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr.Bargar is the "Mount Everest" of Orthopedic Surgeons! The Very Best! Dr.Bargar has replaced both of my hips and I am only 42 years old. I was refered to Dr. Bargar after another surgeon had done an enormous anount of damage. Dr. Bargar had to take out the first hip replacement, then reconstruct my pelvis and put in another hip joint. Although the recovery was difficult, without Dr. Bargar, I wouldn't or couldn't be walking! I owe him my life and livilihood! Thank You Dr. Bargar!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][862227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2010

Dr Bargar has replaced two of my wife's hips. During our hunt for the right person to do the first procedure, based on several recommendations, we saw Dr. Bargar first. Because he does not accept insurance (though he does take Medicare) we went to more Doctors. One Dr. actually asked us why we were still looking for a surgeon after we had already seen "the mountain" by which he meant Dr. Bargar. We decided that with everyone, even a tongue in cheek competitor, recommending Dr. Bargar it would be worth paying out of pocket (insurance did reimburse about 40% for an out of plan doctor). It was worth it. Recovery has been great and life is good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][862226].votes_count ]]