Rate Dr. Pekka A. Mooar

Dr. Pekka A. Mooar's Ratings

My experience with Dr. Mooar was nothing short of excellent. I went to him for a second opinion after a very poor experience and surgical treatment with another doctor. He spent a lot of time with me understanding my previous experience, making his own diagnosis, and presenting me with my options. He asked the right questions and had a very realistic and grounded approach to what would lie ahead. As a result, I chose him to do the arthroscopic surgery on my knee. Before I went into surgery he spent time with me and my family explaining how things would go and then again afterwards checking on my comfort and answering any follow up questions. He also had me on my feet the very next day with minimal pain or discomfort and was incredibly prompt in responding to follow up questions. His staff at both his practice in Fort Washington, and at Temple Hospital were courteous, friendly and really great overall. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Mooar and his practice. Highly recommended!

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mooar is awesome, he has done several operations on me, including below knee amputation, and just did a total knee replacement on opposite leg and I get around just fine.he is a very smart man and is respected in the medical field by alot of doctors who know of him. Top notch in my book!

Submitted Dec. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mooar is a god of the knee. The man fixed me with strengthening exercises and weight lifting when I had been to two other surgeons who insisted i needed the knife. the man knows everything abut the body, and how every muscle group supports/affects every other one. If you see only one doc for your knees, make it count...make it Pekka Mooar!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2009 | flag

Dr. Mooar fixed my L knee and is going to be doing my R knee soon...he is amazing at his profession...and he works on pro hockey/football players....he can do no wrong in my eyes

Submitted Aug. 5, 2008 | flag

He's such a great doctor, in skill, professionalism, and bedside manner. I had a comminuted compound fracture of my femur (and a few other things), with excessive complications of the knee. He had me walking unassisted down the isle in less than 2 years. I still send him updates on my knee, 10 years later! And yes, he did attend my wedding.

Submitted July 2, 2008 | flag

HE IS THE MOST AMAZING DOCTOR. 18 MONTHS AGO I HAD BI-LATERAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS ON BOTH KNEES BEFORE I HAD IT DONE HE SAT DOWN AND EXPLAONED EVERYTHING IN DETAIL. EVERYTHING HE EXPLAINED TO ME HAPPENED JUST THE WAY HE SAID IT WOULD HE CHANGED MY WHOLE LIFE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND RE-HAB A TOTAL OF TWO WEEKS.I WAS HOME FOR 4 WEEKS WENT BACK TO WORK IN FOUR WEEKS. NO MORE PAIN WALKED WITH A CANE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.HAVE BEEN SOING GREAT EVER SINCE. TO ME HE IS AN EXCELLENT ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR THERE IS I CAN NOW LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AND BE A LOT MORE ACTIVE

Submitted March 6, 2008 | flag