Dr. Matthew J. Ross

Rate Dr. Matthew J. Ross

Dr. Matthew J. Ross's Ratings

I paid out of pocket for Dr. Ross. Why? Because I believe he is the best surgeon in the entire Midwest. More credit needs to be given here. I cannot tell you enough how appreciative I am of Dr. Ross. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

I've seen five doctors about my lumbar and sciatic pain. By far, Dr. Ross was the most helpful and thorough doctor I have seen - possibly ever. He very carefully explained my MRI images and answered all of my many questions. His office is professional, his receptionist is extremely friendly and helpful, and he spent a significant amount of time with me. If I end up needing surgery, I would trust him fully.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

This is an intelligent, caring doctor who takes time to review records with the patient and discuss diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2010

Dr. Matthew Ross was very helpful in illustrating to me exactly what a herniated disc was, how it worked, and what exactly was causing my pain and numbness. I had several questions for him, and he explained them significantly better than the 3 other neurosurgeons I saw prior to him. He took his time, listened to me, and took the time to weigh out the pro's and cons of each treatment method. Unlike most Neurosurgeons, didn't want to rush me into surgery or out of his exam room. We spent 40 minutes discussing all related matters to my injury and answered every question I had in a concise and easy to understand way. I have, and will continue to recommend Dr. Ross to anyone and everyone. The office staff is very friendly and very professional. I had an appointment scheduled and the receptionist called 3 times telling of of sooner openings! I am extremely satisfied with Dr. Ross and all of his staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

Dr. Ross is the best in the field in my opinion, I wish I could use him as my primary doctor (I'm actually serious). Dr. Ross performed a one level fusion L5 S1 back in 2004 and I feel wonderful. I recently had a cervical herniation that I went to see Dr.Ross for, but my work comp claim was denied and primary ins. was out of network causing me to seek out another doctor. If my condition comes down to surgery, I really think I may pay the out of pocket cost for Dr.Ross being out of Network to perform the sugery as he is the only one I trust. Anyone looking for a phenomenal Neurosurgeon then you need to call Dr. Matthew Ross. Thank you Dr.Ross for all the help you have given me with my back and my neck - your services are greatly appreciated. One side note is that the office staff is tremendous very polite, helpful and understanding. John L

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2010

He is amazing! He is caring and patient. He never rushes you in or out, and is always teaching you about your condition. He did my 3 level fusion and I can't thank him enough for what he's done for me. He used very cutting edge procedures and is very educated and communicates his knowledge. He's the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

I have not seen this doctor, but was referred to him by my doctor, they would not take me as I have medacare, even thought we also have BC/BS supplement, they wouldn't even talk to me. So I have do go to a different doc, the second one my doc suggested. I head he's great, but I guess he doesn't want to deal with older patients. We can't help we have medacare, that's life. I wouldn't recommend him because of this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2009

Absolutely wonderful man and doctor! He has nothing but what is best for the patient in mind. After surgery, he actually came and found our family personally instead of sending out a nurse. He is one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Dr. Ross did a C5-6 diskectomy and fusion on me. I cannot say enough good things about this physician. My fusion is perfect, last time I had xrays of my neck, the radiologist could not even tell I'd had a fusion. he tends to run late, so be ready to wait. He is worth every minute you wait for him. He spends about 2 hours with you on your 1st visit, then at least an hour with you on every visit after. Leaves no queastion unanswered. Teaches you about whats wrong with you and why and showns you on your tests why you have what you have. Very caring man. Gets to know you and really cares about you. Spent an hour on the phone with me the night before my surgery talking to me about the surgery and his training, just to put my mind at ease. Held my hand in the OR while they put me to sleep. I cannot say enough good about him. I live in Az now and would travel to Il if I needed him again, without a second thought.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][864228].votes_count ]]