Rate Dr. Hon-Ming Eng

Dr. Hon-Ming Eng's Ratings

I had been suffering from bloating and indigestion for years. I had previously seen two other gastroenterologist before and was told I was too nervous. Upon my friends recommendation, I saw Dr Eng, who was kind, humorous and very patient. He took a detailed history, reviewed my previous tests and took some bloodwork (right in the same office!). He told me he suspected fructose intolerance, something I had never even heard of. A few days later, a breath test confirmed this. Working with a nutritionist, I now avoid fructose and I have never felt better. I cant believe I have been suffering for so long. His staff was also very helpful and efficient. Wonderful office and I have recommended many colleagues.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

Got a colonscopy on Dec. 20, 2012. the office was running over one hour late, and I was told Dr. Eng would call me with results. As of Feb. 6, 2013, I am still waiting for results.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2013 | flag

I am sure that Dr. Eng is an excellent clinician. i am also sure that he is friendly, cheerful, no drama doctor. The problem is that he has absolutely zero patient communication skills. I am still recovering from his ridiculous unnecessary prescription, that he gave me with absolutely no explanation, or reasonable expectation of what to expect. He is just about the worst doctor that I have ever visited. STAY AWAY1111111111

Submitted Sept. 6, 2012 | flag

I have had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy with Dr. Eng. He takes you into his office, not just an exam room where you're sitting in a gown, to talk to you. He's very thorough, no attitude at all, just a really nice man. I was not rushed out after the colonoscopy. I had some gas pains which are normal but they let me stay, the nurse talked to me, eased my anxiety. Same thing before the procedure. I never felt like a number. He is truly one of the finest doctors I have ever been to and my internist who never steers me wrong recommended him so highly. Dr. Eng has a good sense of humor too!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

This doctor is wonderful, his staff is incompetent. They screwed up my appointment, my referral, my prescription, my follow up. I can not see him again it could have been an absolute disaster.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

This office is fantastic, especially his practice manager, she made my experience so pleasant as she was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the medical industry. Dr. Eng was friendly, smart as a whip the wait time was non-existent and the time it took for me to have a procedure was quik would definitely recommend him to family and friends great looking office as well.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2009 | flag

I did a stomach endoscopy at Dr. Eng's office. Since I was very scared before the procedure he made sure to make me feel comfortable. I would definitly recommend him to my family and friends.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2009 | flag

Dr. Eng's office has to be the best I have ever been to. The receptionist, the nurses and entire staff are angels. I had a colonoscopy there and everyone was so kind. Dr. Eng is a regular guy in that he doesn't have a pompous attitude at all like some doctors and puts you at ease. He is extremely knowledgeable and was highly recommended to me by my internist and friends who have seen him. I would never go anywhere else. The office is set up to relax you. The anesthesiologist answered my questions. I was comfortable in the recovery room, everyone was so attentive and super nice! Dr. Eng really cares about his patients and will do everything to solve their problems and get them in good health. I just can't praise him and this facility enough...they're the best!

Submitted July 25, 2009 | flag

Dr. Eng took time on a weekend to call me and give me lab results, he's very nice and it's evident that he cares about his patients.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2008 | flag

I found Dr. Eng to be a terrific doctor. His office staff fit me right in after an ER visit where I was told to follow up with a Gastroenterologist. He fully explained my condition and treatment options. I also had two tests in his office and endoscope of my stomach and a colonoscopy. Both were done with the utmost of concern and the office is very well run. I hate to wait more than a short time, not an issue with Dr. Eng. I would and have recommended him highly to all my friends. You can even schedule your procedures on Saturday mornings!!! Much better than having to take a day off for a colonoscopy.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2008 | flag