Dr. Ghobad Azizi

Website: wilmingtonendo.com External Link
Practice: Wilmington Endocrinology PA
Hospital:
Phone:910-254-9464
Med. School:Univ Hamburg, Krankenhaus Eppendorf, Fak Med, Hamburg (407-21 Pr 1/71)
Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 08/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 29 reviews. Dr. Ghobad Azizi has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5225636

06/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8  Respond
RID: 2895757

04/10/13 1 2 1 1 First visit he asked lots of questions, he took blood and told me to come back in 2 weeks. I had a pituitary nodule he was to give me answers about and that was never addressed. Next visit he asked if I understood my blood work. I said, "No, I was hoping you would explain them to me" He started typing and then left the office. Many ultrasounds showed lots of inflammation of the thyroid and a large nodule. Biopsy was scheduled. He gave no way for me to signal if there was a problem during the biopsy. There was. The numbing agent didn't take and I felt every single (4-5)needle aspirations. He was saying "keep your eyes closed, don't move, don't swallow". I felt like a hostage and was terrified. I sat up after it was over and told him it really hurt and I felt the whole thing. His response was, "I do need the room". I am a prior Law Enforcement Officer and what he did was horrific. Staff=incompetent. Hashimotos Thyroiditis, gave me pills and set apt for 6 months later. I never went back.  Respond
RID: 2754306
05/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azizi is FABULOUS in every way!! I feel so fortunate to have him as my endocrinologist. His entire staff is wonderful, too. I HIGHLY recommend Wilmington Endocrinology.  Respond
RID: 2693388
24/06/13 5 5 5 5 It's been years since I've been to a Dr that actually read my chart before seeing me for the first time. It's also rare that you actually see the Dr and not a PA. Not only did I see Dr Azizi my first visit, he even performed a scan on me while the nurse read him my chart. He asked me as many questions as I asked him, and blood tests proved hus hypothesis. I had a question about my meds one night and less than a minute after speaking to his answering service, I got a call from Dr Azizi himself! Wow, now this is a Dr who cares about his patients!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2679130
14/06/13 1 2 1 1 Ive been seeing Dr. Azizi since January. His bed side manner is awful. He is in the room for maybe 5 minutes. He seems like he hasnt been continuing his education, offers abstract metaphors and had no Garrard for the emotional tolls that Graves Disease takes. I asked how to manage my weight, he told me to skip meals, that seems like something a Dr should advise. And just this morning he had his staff call me, (I had an appointment 2 days ago) to tell me he will no longer seee me as a patient. Why? Because I got a second opinion when he said he wanted to do surgery. Hello, anyone with half a brain would get a second opinion, but his ego couldn't handle it and now hes refusing care to a very very sick person when the nearest specialist is over an hour away.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2535641
18/01/13 1 1 1 4 I am wheelchair bound and cannot get in or out of the beautiful, heavy oak doors. The staff has never asked to help me. The bathroom is large, but I have to back in holding the door because there is decorative furniture. Why? The waiting room is so small that I have to sit in the entrance. I am humiliated. Even trying to get into the back office, no one helps. The staff is always rude save the one time Chelsea was nice on the phone. They don't say thank you , have a nice day or even piss off. I had a needle biopsy with no sedation and cried. Dr. Azizi told me to "make no noise". He told me I would be part of a cancer study before I got my BENIGN results 10 weeks later. I was so worried all that time. He has no personality or compassion. I feel humiliated and as many times as I have been to him, I have never had a good experience. I am a positive, happy person. Too bad Dr. Azizi made up his mind to hate me before he got to know me. I wouldn't let him treat my dog. Stay Away!!!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 2413528
29/08/12 2 2 1 5 Let me start with the fact that I've never had a problem with the actual medicine aspect. Advice/diagnosis seems sound and up to date, if not ahead of the curve. My problem is the office staff, the inability to handle questions/requests, and the doctor's bedside manner. I have pretty thick skin but my dealings with this office leave me angry nearly every time I deal with them, either by phone or in person. Reasonable requests are met with stubborn refusal and more often than not, condescension. I have never felt so put off by a doctor's office in my life and cannot recommend Dr. Azizi to others.  See Responses
RID: 2300943
28/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Azizi and his staff are very good. They have always been very helpful and kind and very caring. I thank God every day for them cause if it was not for them I don't know if I would be here. Any thing I ask or don't understand they always make sure i know what is going on. They have never been rude or ugly to me no matter what.THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  Respond
RID: 2114509
06/05/12 4 2 4 5 Dr.Azizi and his staff do a wonderful job. The only thing that bothers me is the wait, but I guess it's the same as any other doctor.  Respond
RID: 2052952
19/04/12 5 4 5 5 Treated with encouragement and confidence by all the staff. A very well run office. Occasional waiting, but not the norm. Dr. Azizi is very much on top of his field. Glad I found him.
RID: 1753504
17/03/12 5 4 5 5 I am so grateful I found Dr. Azzi! I don't know who these people describing "rude" and/or "rushed" have seen but I've always found Dr. Azzi to be the opposite. He takes the time to do his own ultrasounds, time to review and explain EVERYTHING! I had been to about 4 other endos in Wilmington with only disappointment. The first time I saw Dr. Azzi he investigated just a little closer than all the others and I later had successful surgery at Duke. That was 7yrs ago. I still see him for a fretful thyroid. He is so patient with my questions and puts up with my wanting to try this and that. All in all I went down hill from 1996 thru 2005 until I met Dr. Azzi. He took the time, did the research, made the diagnosis and I am better. Who did these other people see? I don't know. His staff emails me reminders, calls as soon as blood work comes back. I can't think of anything more this practice could offer.
RID: 1695398
24/01/12 5 5 5 5 Also used Tricare for Life,,,,Dr. Azizi is fantastic,I would HIGHLY reccomend him .His staff is outstanding Well qualified, Knowledgable. It is a happy office..
RID: 1542747
21/09/11 1 1 1 1 These reviews are hilarious, yet extremely accurate. This doctor obviously sterotypes every new patient as soon as they hit the door. My experience was nothing but a few clowns short of a circus!! He was rude, talked to me like I was an idiot, started me on medication without instructions, and did the wait and see approach! I will never go back to see this man again! A huge disappoint to all of us because he states that thyroid issues are what he specializes in! Anyone knows that finding an endo that knows their stuff when it comes to thyroid problems is very difficult to find!! Such a huge disappoint this man and his office were to me!
RID: 1541649
19/09/11 4 4 5 5 My first visit to Dr Azizi today and I found him to be great.He was recommended to us as I wanted a second opinion on my inconclusive results of my thyroid nodules.Very thorough in his explanation, patient, took his time and listened to mine and my husband's concerns. Performed an ultrasound himself and explained the images to me. Ordered my biopsy to be sent to Duke and ordered blood to be taken and tested which should of been ordered by my original Doctor. Found staff to be polite and friendly. Comfortable and clean office.
RID: 1533861
09/09/11 1 5 5 5 Dr. Azizi is extremely direct, even abrasive, but a very thorough and well educated doctor. His bed side manner is horrible, but I can tell he is working to make that better. He knows what he is doing and will conduct further research if necessary. My story: Dr. Azizi, in Oct of 2009, said, very direct, to me "You have a very, very, rare cancer. Very rare." That should explain by what I mean when I state he is abrasive. However, he knows what he is doing!! Office staff is incompetent. I don't even have enough space to go into detail on that. I recommend Dr. Azizi's care if you have something that needs to be addressed and are not get proper attention elsewhere.
RID: 1409833
07/04/11 1 1 1 1 DR Azizi, is less than a doctor, he seems to be very rushed even after I drive an hour to see him, then I see him for 5 minutes at that. I told him something didn't feel right after my surgey and that I think my dose of synthroid was off, I told him I was tiree all the time and I was gaining weight rapidly in which I was told your not eating right and I need to use portion control, then finally after four appts and naval hospital camp lejeune doing blood work to call and tell him my levels were off did the good doctor up my dosage, but only after accusing me of not taking my meds and telling my command that I said I just wanted to get out of the Marine Corps, seems to change his stories alot and dosent inform you of a treatment plan, just take some magic pills and you will be good and what dose he care if your not regulated on yourb synthroid its noot his body or life. He made upbhis mind that he didn't like me or my wife and his treatment from staff seems the same. No one go see him.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1327695
04/01/11 3 3 2 1 I would not take my worst enemy to see him. I went to him for thyroid nodules/hypothyroidism. Very rude, rushed during my appointment. I have had to call and get nasty to even get any answers at all. Only to find him running circles around himself and now has referred me to a specialist at Duke!!! I will never return to that office.
RID: 1205860
11/07/10 3 4 5 5 Great doctor, very caring. He doesn't tell people to come back just because he wants more money. He feels if the meds are working, there is no need to see him, but blood work is important to continue getting so they can make sure you are on the right dose.
RID: 1175318
24/05/10 5 5 5 5 If it were not for Dr. Azizi my 27 yr. old son would never have learned that he had papilliary thyroid cancer. When my son went along with his dad or me, Dr. Azizi always reminded him of his hereditary odds of being affected by thyroid problems. He strongly suggested that my son have regular ultrasounds. Due to this physician's aggressive approach, the cancer was discovered long before symptoms presented themselves. We are so grateful!
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1069595
05/01/10 1 3 1 1 Not thorough, incredibly rude, refused to answer questions and when I tried t ask, he yelled he's not done talking. Refused to biopsy nodules he found.Was spoken to very condescending by his.P.A.My TSH is a 5.6. My GP tested it and so had another doctor, just 2 months ago. They never called back to give results. I spoke to a nurse, she claimed she never got my message. She then told me my levels are all a 1.2. There's noway when I've been on no medication and have nodules. I asked them to retest because I know there had to be a mess up. They said, no I can wait 4 months and come back, b/c they're not wasting medicaid $.I had my GP retest. they messed up like I knew they had to of. No bedside manners at all and I left very scared and even more scared when they messed my results up. Avoid this Doctor.Perhaps his staff that was so mean to me, deliberately messed my results up. If you act scared, they get mad and are rude.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1004105
06/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azizi is the best Endocrinologist in the SE NC area. He's extremely knowledgable, efficient, honest and cares about his patients.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 950931
30/07/09 3 4 5 5 I find Dr Azizi to be very kind and compassionate. He recommended that my thyroid be removed because of its condition. After removing it they found cancer. My follow-ups since that time have been very thorough to ensure I remain cancer free. I didn't do very well on the first medication I was put on. I asked him about trying one I had heard about. He listened to my concerns and and changed my prescription. I'm doing much better. He listens and pays attention. That's important to me.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 940726
20/07/09 1 4 2 2 The office staff is rude and condescending, and he gave me very little info - including giving me samples of medication without telling me important rules on how to take it. I will never go back.  Respond
RID: 915912
17/06/09 4 1 1 2 I was NOT pleased with Azizi. I left the office scared and hopeless. It took forever to get any sort of test results back from the office, and he did not do any sort of treatment plan. I would avoid him at all costs
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 893278
21/05/09 5 5 5 5 I have found Dr. Azizi and his staff to be very caring and professional. I am thankful to be a patient and know that I am getting the best care possible.
RID: 891707
19/05/09 1 1 1 3 He was very rushed, I was very scared and he told me nothing. I had to keep calling back for information. The staff was very "better than thou" except for the girl that did my ultrasound. He and his office staff are very vain and uncaring.
RID: 872466
28/04/09 5 5 5 5 Extremely well operated office.Dr A.very thorough, knowledgeable, concerned and makes the patient feel comfortable & at ease. Highly rec'mnd this practice.
RID: 813336
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 Outstanding doctor with exceptional diagnostic skills. Thorough exam and patient history. Takes whatever time is necessary, never seems rushed. Genuine concern for his patients. Staff are bright and helpful. Patient care and satisfaction are clearly a top goal. Strongly recommend Dr. Azizi, I doubt you'll find a better practitioner.
RID: 529041
29/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Azizi was very fast in finding out what was wrong with me and very concerned through my whole ordeal. He still checks on me closely after having pituitary tumor removed and is a very encouraging doctor. I am so thankful that I was sent to him. If I hadn''t I don''t know if I would have ever been diagnosed as I had been sick with this same thing for over 10 yrs. I am still in recovery sort of and I am still seeing him for follow ups.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user