Rate Dr. Ghobad Azizi

Dr. Ghobad Azizi's Ratings

After sudden declining health I was referred to Dr. Azizi by my rheumatologist after finding markers in my blood that showed a very sick thyroid. My first visit with him in March 2014 I was one miserable, confused human being. His nurse performed an ultrasound and when he came into the room another nurse came with him. He would ask me questions and reply to the nurse and she added all to my profile immediately. He explained that my thyroid was the consistency of cotton, that I have both Graves disease and Hashimotos and would need medication for the rest of my life. This was all over my head and scary, but I've learned that I have to continually educate myself. I expected quick miracles and it didn't happen at first, but as time goes on and I learn more about autoimmune disease and thyroid disease, it makes more sense. He is direct, he doesn't waste any words and he doesn't promise miracles. But he is a master at his craft. I was impressed with the new study he conducted that was recently published on thyroid function and early detection of thyroid problems. Keep in mind his focus is solely on the thyroid. He won't help with other things going on with you. Here in the Wilmington area we expect personable folks and that's just not Dr. Azizi. But this man updates my chart frequently as he works in the middle of the night and on weekends. Since my first visit, he has performed the ultrasounds himself and as I behind better educated and learn how to help myself outside of treatment, the better I am and I can tell he truly appreciates the effort on my part. His staff has always been nice and considerate to me. I think maybe understanding his character a bit more helps put things into perspective and helps him to help you more. He is concerned about my children and the hereditary risk they have for thyroid disease and requested I take them to him. He doesn't always say what you want to hear or in the manner in which you'd like to hear it, but he knows the endocrine system. This has been a long road, but I can say that Dr. Azizi has helped me and I have complete confidence in him and his opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I have always had a great experience with Dr. Azizi and his entire staff. He is the one who found my thyroid cancer 1 week later after the hospital missed it. Dr. Azizi is a serious and straight shooter when it comes to visits and care. You have to get use to him, he really is a very caring Doctor. I love the patient portal! It allows communication basically 24/7. I've always had things resolved easily by using it. Also, this Drs office has even had medicines called in on a Saturday to my pharmacy. I recommend this Dr to anyone with thyroid disease. After 24 yrs in Wilmington, I feel I have finally found a great Endocrinologist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2574686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

I love Dr. Azizi and his staff. I actually drive over 2 hours just to see him. He's taken excellent care of me and gotten me safely through three pregnancies complicated by hypothyroidism. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone suffering with thyroid-related illnesses and complications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I love Dr. Azizi! I am a sixty year old woman that has been complaining of symtoms of thyroid disease for years, and he was the only one that FINALLY pinpointed my problem. My father died of thyroid cancer, so I had very strong feelings about a diagnosis of this disease. He has been a great doctor, and has me very regulated with medication. Thank you Dr. Azizi!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I have graves disease am in the military thus we move every few years and have new Doctors. Dr. Azizi and his staff have been by far the most diligent in the monitoring of my condition. Under his care I feel my levels where monitored and controlled much better than in the past. My expectations with my next endocrinologist are definitely way higher because of my experience here. Wish we weren't moving.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

First visit he asked lots of questions, he took blood and told me to come back in 2 weeks. I had a pituitary nodule he was to give me answers about and that was never addressed. Next visit he asked if I understood my blood work. I said, "No, I was hoping you would explain them to me" He started typing and then left the office. Many ultrasounds showed lots of inflammation of the thyroid and a large nodule. Biopsy was scheduled. He gave no way for me to signal if there was a problem during the biopsy. There was. The numbing agent didn't take and I felt every single (4-5)needle aspirations. He was saying "keep your eyes closed, don't move, don't swallow". I felt like a hostage and was terrified. I sat up after it was over and told him it really hurt and I felt the whole thing. His response was, "I do need the room". I am a prior Law Enforcement Officer and what he did was horrific. Staff=incompetent. Hashimotos Thyroiditis, gave me pills and set apt for 6 months later. I never went back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][865865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

Dr. Azizi is FABULOUS in every way!! I feel so fortunate to have him as my endocrinologist. His entire staff is wonderful, too. I HIGHLY recommend Wilmington Endocrinology.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][865864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

It's been years since I've been to a Dr that actually read my chart before seeing me for the first time. It's also rare that you actually see the Dr and not a PA. Not only did I see Dr Azizi my first visit, he even performed a scan on me while the nurse read him my chart. He asked me as many questions as I asked him, and blood tests proved hus hypothesis. I had a question about my meds one night and less than a minute after speaking to his answering service, I got a call from Dr Azizi himself! Wow, now this is a Dr who cares about his patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][865863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Ive been seeing Dr. Azizi since January. His bed side manner is awful. He is in the room for maybe 5 minutes. He seems like he hasnt been continuing his education, offers abstract metaphors and had no Garrard for the emotional tolls that Graves Disease takes. I asked how to manage my weight, he told me to skip meals, that seems like something a Dr should advise. And just this morning he had his staff call me, (I had an appointment 2 days ago) to tell me he will no longer seee me as a patient. Why? Because I got a second opinion when he said he wanted to do surgery. Hello, anyone with half a brain would get a second opinion, but his ego couldn't handle it and now hes refusing care to a very very sick person when the nearest specialist is over an hour away.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][865862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I am wheelchair bound and cannot get in or out of the beautiful, heavy oak doors. The staff has never asked to help me. The bathroom is large, but I have to back in holding the door because there is decorative furniture. Why? The waiting room is so small that I have to sit in the entrance. I am humiliated. Even trying to get into the back office, no one helps. The staff is always rude save the one time Chelsea was nice on the phone. They don't say thank you , have a nice day or even piss off. I had a needle biopsy with no sedation and cried. Dr. Azizi told me to "make no noise". He told me I would be part of a cancer study before I got my BENIGN results 10 weeks later. I was so worried all that time. He has no personality or compassion. I feel humiliated and as many times as I have been to him, I have never had a good experience. I am a positive, happy person. Too bad Dr. Azizi made up his mind to hate me before he got to know me. I wouldn't let him treat my dog. Stay Away!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][865861].votes_count ]]