Rate Dr. Ghobad Azizi

Dr. Ghobad Azizi's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Azizi after my primary physician found a lump on my thyroid. I entered into a study that Dr. Azizi was doing using ultrasound and had several biopsy's It was found that I had thyroid cancer and had to have the whole thyroid removed and then have a radioactive pill. I had always been very healthy s this was all very shocking & hard to face. Dr Azizi and his staff were excellent and helped me understand the whole process. Dr. Azizi was very calm and reassuring and kept concentrating on the fact that I had caught it and it was the one cancer that could be gotten rid of since it was found early. His mannerism was very calming and he really seems to care about each patient and each situation. He is always studying and researching to learn more and more about the endocrine system. I would refer him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

There is no better, more knowledgeable, or more caring doctor than Doctor Azizi. He found Prostate cancer in the lymph nodes of my neck, then helped me find a Urologist to deal with it. At the same time he helped my wife and I to remain positive and convinced us that he was not only my doctor but a friend. He has the knowledge, desire, staff and equipment to take care of you if you have problems involving your Thyroid area. He will earn your trust. I am a male, 72 years old and I met Dr Azizi 3 years ago and thank GOD I did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2704148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Azizi for almost two years, and I am thoroughly pleased with the level of care he has given me. He has seen me through two thyroid cancer surgeries, and continues to monitor me carefully. I never feel rushed when I have an appointment, and he always takes the time to answer any questions I may have. His staff is excellent, and they always provide excellent care as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2701164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Great Service. Patient portal is very useful and able to get a response quickly. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. Even when I know he has many patients scheduled, he takes time with my appointment and is very thorough. I do not ever feel rushed through the visit and he takes the time to answer all questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2688093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

greatest service! I would highly recommend DR&STAFF to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Incredibly knowledgeable in his field! Within 1 month of seeing him for the first time, I had my thyroid removed & a cancer diagnosis confirmed. I get a quick response from this office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Great service! I would recommend them to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2671748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr. Azizi and his staff has taken excellent care of me and my family - that including watching over two pregnancies after going though thyroid cancer. I will forever be grateful for the work he does and appreciative of his professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

After sudden declining health I was referred to Dr. Azizi by my rheumatologist after finding markers in my blood that showed a very sick thyroid. My first visit with him in March 2014 I was one miserable, confused human being. His nurse performed an ultrasound and when he came into the room another nurse came with him. He would ask me questions and reply to the nurse and she added all to my profile immediately. He explained that my thyroid was the consistency of cotton, that I have both Graves disease and Hashimotos and would need medication for the rest of my life. This was all over my head and scary, but I've learned that I have to continually educate myself. I expected quick miracles and it didn't happen at first, but as time goes on and I learn more about autoimmune disease and thyroid disease, it makes more sense. He is direct, he doesn't waste any words and he doesn't promise miracles. But he is a master at his craft. I was impressed with the new study he conducted that was recently published on thyroid function and early detection of thyroid problems. Keep in mind his focus is solely on the thyroid. He won't help with other things going on with you. Here in the Wilmington area we expect personable folks and that's just not Dr. Azizi. But this man updates my chart frequently as he works in the middle of the night and on weekends. Since my first visit, he has performed the ultrasounds himself and as I behind better educated and learn how to help myself outside of treatment, the better I am and I can tell he truly appreciates the effort on my part. His staff has always been nice and considerate to me. I think maybe understanding his character a bit more helps put things into perspective and helps him to help you more. He is concerned about my children and the hereditary risk they have for thyroid disease and requested I take them to him. He doesn't always say what you want to hear or in the manner in which you'd like to hear it, but he knows the endocrine system. This has been a long road, but I can say that Dr. Azizi has helped me and I have complete confidence in him and his opinion.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2596071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I have always had a great experience with Dr. Azizi and his entire staff. He is the one who found my thyroid cancer 1 week later after the hospital missed it. Dr. Azizi is a serious and straight shooter when it comes to visits and care. You have to get use to him, he really is a very caring Doctor. I love the patient portal! It allows communication basically 24/7. I've always had things resolved easily by using it. Also, this Drs office has even had medicines called in on a Saturday to my pharmacy. I recommend this Dr to anyone with thyroid disease. After 24 yrs in Wilmington, I feel I have finally found a great Endocrinologist!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2574686].votes_count ]]