You may also like

Rate Dr. Keith Berndtson

Dr. Keith Berndtson's Ratings

Keith Berndtson MD of Park Ridge MultiMed is an extremely talented and knowledgeable doctor that has helped me tremendously. For 6 years I gut rehabbed properties in the City of Chicago. During that time I started to feel sick. I started getting itchy rashes on my hands, my joints in my hands were swollen and itchy, I had consistent sinus infections, short term memory problems, severe inflammation throughout my body, my vision was intermittently blurry and did not feel well overall. I visited many doctors including the ER, General practitioner, infectious disease, dermatologist, rhumolotigist and more. All of these doctors prescribed me Cortisone steroids, both topical and injection. I would get better for a couple of days and things would get worse. Dr. Berndtson was the 12th doctor I saw about these symptoms in February of 2014. During our first office visit Dr. Berndtson had me answer some question, took a nasal culture, set up a blood draw for analysis and asked me to complete a VCS screening. Upon my next visit he reviewed my blood lab results, VCS screening results and nasal culture results. At this second visit he told me he felt I had “Mold Toxicity” (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, or CIRS) from exposure to mold in the buildings I was rehabbing in Chicago. He devised a plan that included an amylose free diet, prescription medication, and exercise. He also provided me with a list of foods and supplements that would help with inflimation and also ease my herxheimer reaction. Within weeks I felt significantly better. Within months my rashes had disappeared, my memory was better, my vision was better, the swelling of my joints and itchiness had been eliminated and I stopped getting sinus infections. I get blood labs drawn and do VCS eye exams about every 6 months so we can monitor my progress and watch specific key indicators that relate to “Mold Toxicity.” With his help, I finally have my life back. I have since gotten out of construction and have started a new career where I work in a clean office environment. I can’t thank Dr. Berndtson enough for the positive impact he has had on my life. I truly believe without his help I would still be miserable and potentially getting worse. Dr. Berndtson is one of only 6 physicians in the United States certified by CRBAI to diagnose and treat CIRS cases in the US. It is because of Dr. Berndtson CRBAI certification, years of experience and concern for the well-being of others that I am better today. I would highly recommend Dr. Berndtson to anyone who has similar symptoms and wants to feel better. It’s worth your time, it’s worth the drive and it’s worth the expense.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2779612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Disappointing compared to expectations. Doesn't get test results to patients properly or follow up as promised.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Dr. Berndston is extremely knowledgeable about alternative treatments for many health conditions related to pain, fatigue and chronic illnesses. His guidance on nutritional supplements has made a great improvement in my healing process and improving my overall health. His interest in understanding my confusion or concerns about my experience with other doctors'diagnosis and treatment has helped me evaluate my progress and make better decisions about moving forward with a hopeful plan. I don't have to second guess Dr. B as he is very clear in what he thinks about diagnosis and treatment. He is kind and considerate on many levels, and he makes certain that I have the resources to understand my choices. I highly respect and trust his experience and can recommend him to consult on any issues. He will refer patients to the best providers and resources he knows when the situation requires a specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Dr Berndtson is a God-send. He helped me and my doctor in Missouri with my mold exposure. This man is a shining star in the medical world. Unbelievable caring and compassionate. Putting peoples lives and health over dollar bills. Taking the extra time to listen and get to the root of the problem. Very unassuming and humble. Wow. Dr Berndtson, I honestly didn't think Doctors like you existed. You're the BEST!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

My daughter has been to so many doctors her whole life, for so many different problems. She had chronic sinus infections, weight gain, kindney stones, some of which had to be surgically removed etc. She saw Dr. Keith almost two years ago with the most significant improvement. My daughter has maintained her ideal weight, no more sinus infections. I have recently started to see him myself. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2009

I don't know how much I have paid, but whatever it is, is completely worth it for getting my life back. I have had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrom for 7 years and have never felt better or more validated than with Dr. Berndtson and his staff. They are true heroes!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

I have been his patient for more than 10 years. Dr. B. has treated me with excellent care for the following issues: CFS, Firbromyalgia, Osteo Arthritis, hypertension and everything in between. Dr. B. and his staff give new meaning to holistic or whole person care. His relaxed and open minded manner makes it easy to talk about personal issues that effect my physical health. Patients are his number one concern, not time. Yet he is usually on time. I find that amazing. Dr. Berndtson sets a standard that is difficult if not impossible for other physicians to meet. I hope other Doctors will take a look at his example and learn from it. Treat yourself to a visit with him. I know you will not be disappointed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

I cannot say enough good things about this fine man and great fibromyalgia doctor. I went to him in severe pain and he helped me get my life back. He treats the patient and not your chart, so unlike some endocrinologists and other fibro doctors he will work with you and help you get to the bottom of what is the cause of your fibro. Has published articles, has one on his website about fibromyalgia, is working on a book. I thank God that I had the good fortune to find him. Ome in a million. Works with the Metabolic treatment program published by Dr. John C. Lowe (drlowe.com). Very knowledgable and patient, extremely caring. His clinic offers everything, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, herbs, supplements, Myers vitamin injections. If you want to get better go to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081423].votes_count ]]