Rate Dr. Vlassis Travias

Dr. Vlassis Travias's Ratings

My family and I utilized Concord OBGYN for our first pregnancy; to say we had a horrible experience would be an understatement. With 5 doctors in total at this practice you can be sure that your records are not being read even though they are electronically signed off on. If you have any difficulties during your pregnancy you can expect the nurses to sound bothered and put out any time you may need to call them (e.g. pain management advice, prescription refills, following up on phone calls that they can not be bothered to return.) At best you will be made to feel that any issues you may have are your own doing and at worst you will feel neglected and mistreated. Know that with multiple doctors in house they will all be quick to pass the buck and claim no knowledge of facts you have presented time and again; they will also claim to have no knowledge of information that you provide in your own medical records. If you have paperwork that needs to be added to your chart expect it not to get done until you have brought in hard copies multiple times and have physically watched a staff member copy said paperwork... also, if you hand deliver itemized lists regarding excessive hospitalizations to Dr. Travias, who personally tells you he will see to it that your notes are added to your chart, please know that it will not be done. We learned this the hard way when we finally requested copies of our records once we had the good sense to leave their practice after our child was delivered. Upon leaving the practice and requesting not to be seen by any of the doctors practicing at Concord OBGYN, Dr. Rubin, who once again claimed he wasn't informed, was the person who arrived the following morning to follow up in the hospital postpartum. You can count on Dr. Thomas to not look at the dates on your records. If you have a hospital stay during your pregnancy know you will have to wait longer than necessary to be discharged as Dr. Bond will be picking up her child. If you have any bumps in the road during your pregnancy they will be quick to refer you to a counselor but not to offer any medical advice or approaches that are readily available at other OBGYN's. Concord OBGYN will cause you undue stress and anxiety that no expectant women should have to endure. All women should feel safe with their OBGYN as each and every pregnancy is different, not as though they are a number or an afterthought. Though my family and I understand there are lots of patients and families with various needs, we also understand the extension of professional courtesy to not accept new patients when a practice clearly can't keep up with their existing caseload.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Dr. Travias is the most attentive, professional, curteous, efficient doctor and just a down right nice guy. When we first moved here, I did NOT want to go to a male GYN. However, after one visit I prefer Dr. Travias over all previous GYNs. He is awesome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

Dr. Travias is the best doctor I have ever had! I agree with all of this feedback others have provided. He delivered both of our children and was incredibly caring and patient throughout my entire pregnancies and follow-up care. I recommend this practice overall but the only other Dr at the practice I can speak as highly about is Dr. Jordano-Alter. The other doctors are not as compassionate, patient, and are often rather cold and rude. Dr. Travias is the best though and I highly reccomend him!! Its also very convient that their practice is right across the street from the Concord Emerson Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

I cannot agree more with others feed back about Dr Travias! He always asked me what other questions I had after he answered a question so that you ALWAYS feel like you aren't taking up his time and that he is available to you to answer whatever question you throw at him. He is also quite funny and just generally has a great bedside manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Travias is wonderful. He delivered my son 5 years ago, and though I was at first hesitant about a male doctor, he became my favorite in the practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

When a mass was discovered on one of my ovaries, Dr. Travias had me in the hospital 3 days later to do a laparascopic procedure. He also made arrangments for one of Boston's best gynocological surgeons to be in the operating room -- just in case. Which turned out to be a wise decision --- since it was discovered that I had ovarian cancer. If not for Dr. Travias' prompt intervention, I might not be here today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

I cant say enough good things about Dr. Travias. He is very patient and focused on the patient and aswering any questions you might have. I am having my first baby and couldnt be happier with the service I have been receiving from not only this doctor but the entire Concord OBGYN practice. I highly recommend this entire office!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr Travias is the best. He has incredible bedside manner and has a wonderful personality. He seems to be just as concerned about Mom during a pregnancy as he is about baby, which is really nice. He delivered my second child and was on recovery when my first child was delivered. I can't think of a more wonderful doctor in which to see during a pregnancy. I highly recommend him, as do many of my other friends who have had the opportunity to have him as their doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Dr. Travias delivered my son by C-section. The procedure went smoothly and recovery was quick. I've been to other OB/GYNs and he is by far the best. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2009

Love this doctor! Wish all doctors had this kind of bedside manner. He's very kind, attentive, and knowledgeable. I never feel rushed at any of his appointments. If you looking for a doctor with a calm assuring way about him with the intelligence to match this is your guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][868019].votes_count ]]