Rate Dr. Douglas G. Brooks

Dr. Douglas G. Brooks's Ratings

I could not be happier that Dr. Brooks is now my PCP doctor. Very friendly, polite and truly listens to his patients. The best doctor I have ever encountered. He can only handle so many patients - I was truly VERY fortunate he was able to add me as a patient. If only he could photocopy himself to have more doctors like him or somehow have more than 24 hours in a day! If you have the opportunity to have Dr. Brooks as your PCP - DO IT! Dr. Brooks is the absolute BEST! gyantis at gmail dot com for more info

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Finally! Someone willing to listen and discuss a treatment plan openly with his patients. I feel like I have a say!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2493616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

He is not only the best doctor but also a great Christian. He would pray with you when asked. He is a great listener. He is very knowledgeable with Lyme, diabetics, hormones and hypothyroidism. You should consider him as your doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2081820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

When Doctor Brooks was with College Park Family Practice on Mer-Line the practice engaged in unfair billing practices. After being care for by College Park Family Practice for 10 years, I lost my insurance. I asked to pay by cash. They agreed to a fee of $40 per visit. They have billed me $66.33 per visit. I have tried for several years to speak to them about the difference. Instead, I was rebuffed and sued. I agree that I owe $240. They have taken me to court for the difference between what I owe and what they say I owe, or $158.39. Call me for details at 913 706 0077. My name is Bryan Dahms

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2081819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2010

When I rarely have to go to the doctor, Dr. Brooks is the first choice of doctors on the list I'd choose from. He and his staff have always been very caring, attentive, and accomodating. I've heard from numerous friends over the years who've gone to him for various health problems and have never heard anything negative about the treatment they've received. Personal references speak loudly to me that he is a good Dr. I've never needed to be seen by him in an acute care setting such as in a hospital and have only been seen by him at his office. I've always been able to recover from medical disorders I've been seen by Dr. Brooks or his P.A.'s for and would trust him/his staff with other of our family members as well. If asked for my opinion on a good Kansas Dr., he'd get my vote.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2081818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2009

Dr. Brooks is a wonderful doctor. He looks at the whole person. He is compassionate, sensitve and easy to talk too. He is very knowledgable and thinks outside the box.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2081817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2009

Saw him for years - not now. He wants to do all of the diagnosis himself - doesn't recommend specialists unless you ask. He really set me back on receiving proper care. Does he think he knows everything about everything?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2009

Dr. Brooks is super. Very happy with is care and professionalism. We drive one hour to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2081815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I always have alot of questions and email Dr. Brooks all the time. He answers my emails usually within a few hours. He is empathetic and compassionate and never makes me feel like my issues are all in my head! Wish i would have found him sooner than 4 years ago!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2008

We switched to Dr. Brooks when I was pregnant with my first child. It's a shame he no longer does births. He's very compassionate and unlike some doctors, he remembers his patients and their family stories. He too diagnosed me with PCOS when other doctors had given up on me. I also like that he allows parents to follow their own instincts vs. insisting the patient do as they are told 100% of the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2081813].votes_count ]]