Rate Dr. David A. Palay

Dr. David A. Palay's Ratings

I just had a cataract removed and replaced with a lens with square edges. This type of lens is easier for the doctor to insert but between 20 and 30 percent of the lens recipients Are left with a shadow crescent in the far corner of the eye along with loss of peripheral vision . I was not informed that this was a possible outcome. I was also depicted as being emotional for being unhappy about feeling as if I had a stick in my eye and upset over my tunnel vision. I was then fired as a patient because of my complaints. Dr. Palay has difficulty dealing with strong women. It was obvious that he felt I had no right to question his explanation that I just needed to get used to it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

If you are looking for a good eye doctor...keep looking. This was a life changing mistake made by Dr. Palay. I had to go to a specialist to correct Dr. Palay's error. My vision has been impacted for the rest of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][869770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

Dr. Palay was extremely thorough. He explained everything! I had been seeing his partner for over 25 years until he retired. I just switched to Dr. Palay, and while I had to wait a month for an appt, it was well worth the wait. Very professional, courteous, and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][869769].votes_count ]]