Mary Beth Alder

Medical Professional (RN , BSN, NP, DNSC)

Location:
Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/12/10    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Mary Beth Alder has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers

Nurse Practitioner-related: physical exams, physicals, diagnostic tests, diagnosis, prescriptions
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5608269
06/07/14 5 5 5 5 Mary Beth is someone who is genuinely looking out for the interests of her patients -- both in terms of health as well as financially. Unfortunately, I cannot say that for all of the physicians I have interacted with in the past. She was also very happy to explain her thought process and how a recommended prescription works to be completely transparent with me -- which I found very helpful and I can say has motivated me to take my medication as prescribed. Highly recommend.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2695963
27/06/13 3 5 5 5 Mary Beth is the best in town. She is funny, supportive, and practical. We will be leaving the DC area in November and are seriously thinking about how we might be able to continue as patients.
RID: 2279002
21/06/12 3 5 5 5 Have never had a physician as knowledgeable as Mary Beth. Extremely helpful and excellent person to converse with and immediately feel as though you've known her for years. Highly recommend!
RID: 1692283
20/01/12 2 5 5 5 Mary Beth has been seeing me for years. I travel a long distance to be under her care. Not thrilled with the office staff but they are worth putting up with to see Mary Beth.  Respond
RID: 1534906
12/09/11 5 5 5 5 I'v seen doctor alder in person only twice, but recently found myself in need of advice while travelling on a sensitive topic. I sent her an unreasonably long email with several questions, and was more than pleased to receive a detailed and incredibly helpful response in less than 24 hours. In a time where it is such a challenge to gain attention from a doctor when paying, I was extremely grateful for her willingness to go above and beyond what could reasonably be expected when responding to my email. Thanks Mary beth.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1443766
18/05/11 5 5 5 5 I think Dr. Adler really saved me. I was depressed, still am, but thought I could handle it. When I came to her she knew exactly where I was coming from and prescribed a medication. I'm anti meds but she made me feel comfortable about it.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1438016
11/05/11 3 5 5 5 Mary Beth rocks! Her reception staff needs a bit of polishing, but totally worth the visit to see her. Love Mary Beth.  Respond
RID: 1320586
23/12/10 4 5 5 5 I love Dr. Alder. She is very helpful and knowledgable, and gives you all the information you want about your exam (sometimes I feel like other doctors 'dumb it down' in order to get me out of there sooner). She also responds to email, which is great for getting test results and/or follow-up questions. I would recommend her without reservation!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1213490
22/07/10 5 5 5 5 Mary Beth is the most knowledgeable, compassionate nurse practioner. We have been seeing Mary Beth for 16 years and she has taken very good care of us, not only for HIV but for many other health problems. She always knows exactly what is wrong. She gives you her time and never rushes you. I would recommend her for both adults and children. Since my daughter has been seeing her since she was 4 years of age.  Respond
RID: 719086
10/11/08 5 4 5 5 MaryBeth is the most knowledgeable doctor/nurse practioner, not only in her specialty field, but in other fields also. She has spoted problems immediatley and has solved them. I would highly reccommend her not only for adults but for children also. She is very compasionate.  Respond
RID: 524442
26/02/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent! Dr. Alder (Ph.D in HIV Studies) is actually a nurse practitioner, but has a better understanding of HIV than any of the other doctors in her practice.
Paid (or co-pay): $10