Dr. Catherine Bulanda

Rate Dr. Catherine Bulanda

Dr. Catherine Bulanda's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I saw Dr. Bulanda for bunion surgery approximately 10-12 years ago at a former location. Recently I have been suffering from moderate to severe numbness which originates and then radiates from the incision where she did the surgery. As I am on my feet for work, and have tried numerous comfortable footware options, I feel like I'm now desperate to find out what is causing the problem for fear of having to go off work undiagnosed. The GP is perplexed, along with my physio and chiro. Clearly, Dr. Bulanda who performed the surgery could treat me like a former patient, not a new patient and get me in before August 20th. It's only mid May. In the meantime, I am suffering and likely unable to work. Achilles foot clinic where I used to see Dr. Bulanda can fit me in tomorrow. Front desk staff seemed rude and uncaring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2430391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I had a bunionectomy early 2013 with Dr.Bulanda which failed,so another was scheduled some 3 months later. This too,failed. I am convinced I was given inadequate information which contributed greatly to these failures and the information given was very confusing. Also, I could not get an appointment unless rigidly specified months in advance. If A problem should develop this Dr.is unhelpful. I would recommend getting referral from family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][870040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

This is a very busy office. Be prepared to wait for a long time for the initial consult and then for the follow-ups. Dr. Bulanda is very personable. In my case she was very unhelpful. While assessing my situation she went on at length about how superior her orthotics were and how precise they must be to get results. I had multiple failures with orthotics over the years, but she convinced me that she could do better and that the orthotics could be adjusted until they were spot on. She backed-up her claim with a money back guarantee for the orthotics. I was cast for the orthotics and waited almost 2 months for them. (Our schedules conflicted) I got my orthotics and they caused me considerable pain. both knees, right hip lower back, stiff neck, shooting nerve pain in both feet, heel pain. I went back expecting to begin the process of adjusting them to work for me. No attempt was made and a refund was immediately offered. Dr. Bulanda did not even want to try. that is what 18 months got me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

My best friend told me one day that she was having foot surgery. I asked which foot and low and behold she had the same problem I have, so I was very interested in following her situation.I drove her from Red Deer to Calgary for a follow up appt. I found Dr. Bulanda to be delightful. My friend is 100% happy and can now buy her normal size shoes, which is what I am looking forward to. I am excited about my first appointment tomorrow!people...stop complaining about the costs. The Podiatrist in Red Deer quoted me $3000.00!! Anything less than that is a bonanza!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I absolutely luv and wuld totally recommend Catherine to anyone who has foot or ankle problems. I had two horrible bunion surgeries that left me unable to walk still, then I did my research and came upon Dr. Bulanda who has totally changed my life! I was born with bunions and had countless surgeons tell me I was unable to b helped because they were so bad. Upon meeting Catherine she was the first one to understand my intense daily pain. She and her staff are all very amazing and caring people. Thank u for changing my life:). As well she is absolutely worth paying the 20% that health care doesn't!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Very busy office, The first appointment was good and she explained her opinion on what was going on. Subsequent appoints was very rushed and she didn't stay in the room long enough for me to even tell her the orthotics were not making enough difference.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Dr Bulanda did surgery on my right toe in her office and things went very well. I was happy with the care I received through her office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I LOVE Dr. Bulanda. She is very knowledgable, caring, and even gives you her pager number if you have any concerns after surgery. She goes out of her way to care for you. I can't say the same for her staff. They definately could improve there people skills and have some compassion with everyones different situations and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][870034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I was born with collapsed arches in both feet. But didn't know this until I met with Dr Bulanda and we reviewed my xray. We discussed surgery, it was my decision in the end to get the surgery. Probably the best decision I have ever made when it came to my feet. I was always in pain, 100% of the day. Dr Bulanda said that after surgery I would probably be under 25 % of the day. She was completely right. It is probably even less than that. I feel great. Just make sure you listen to her rehab instructions and all will be great. I also appreciated the honestly about the cost. AHC doesn't cover everything and like a previous post says, you can't expect her to pay for everything. It isn't her fault that AHC doesn't cover things. In fact, AHC didn't even cover my aircast. This cost $185, I didn't expect Dr Bulanda to cover that! I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][870033].votes_count ]]