Dr. Kathleen M. Link

Dr. Kathleen M. Link

Rate Dr. Kathleen M. Link

Dr. Kathleen M. Link's Ratings

Dr. Link runs her practice like a business. She cares nothing about the patient. She concerns herself only with whether her cash register has been fed. I have never been so repelled by a medical practice. I pulled my son, a Type 1, out of her care as soon as I realized her priorities. Went to Children's Hospital. It is unfortunate for Northern Virginians that she has a sort of monopoly on pediatric endocrinology. She has virtually no competition. Sad.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2014 | flag

We brought my 9 yr-old daughter into see Dr. Link thinking she might have hypothyroidism since she was showing the symptoms of it, which we recognized because my wife also has hypothyroidism. When we asked Dr Link if it was worth a blood test to check for it, she was dismissive, saying it was pretty unlikely. We went and had a blood test done elsewhere anyway, and the results definitively showed my daughter did have hypothyroidism. When we brought the result of the test back to Dr Link she had absolutely no reaction (this was where she began to lose our confidence) and rather than saying, 'well gosh I guess I should have tested for this after all' or something gracious, she very sullenly wrote out a 'script for Levothyroxin (the standard med for hypothyroidism) almost as if it was a bother or a chore. Both before and after this event, she has always seemed kind of emotionally absent, not interested in her work or her patients, and just going thru the motions of her work with enthusiasm

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag

I went to Dr.Link from the age of 16 until 23. I have Thyroid issues and I am a diabetic. She was always very wonderful, caring and compassionate. I wish I could have stayed in her care longer!

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag

I have thyroid cancer since 11 and Dr. Link was the second specialist I had. She was the one that caught the recurrence when I was in my teens. She's kind but if you don't take your meds like your suppose to she gets off 'cold' in a strict motherly sense. She's definitely very detailed during office visits. Involuntarily I finally had to switch doctor when I was 23 because well, that's 5 years older than those reporting to a pediatric specialist!

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

My son was 1 year old when diagnosed with diabetes. The hospital stay left him terrified of doctors and nurses. Dr. Link and her NP helped him get over his fear. Dr. Link encourages us to take a hands on approach to his care. She is also open to new ideas and technology that we are interested in. I'm not fond of the reception staff but the nurses are great with my son.

Submitted June 28, 2009 | flag

I find Dr. Link to be inconsistant with her management of my child's diabetes. She keeps changing his plan and I don't think she has a clue as to what she is doing. She has mannerism that are not helpful when learning how to manage diabetes for the first time. She comes across so scary to the children and has rough edges. I can't stand working with her. I plan to find a new Dr. soon and would not recommend her.

Submitted April 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Link has treated my daughter for her Type I Diabetes since diagnosis, about 15 years ago. She is thorough and has a wonderful rapport with her young patients and their parents. She even has a plan for helping these patients and parents as the patient matures and needs to become more independent in taking control of their disease. At times when I didn''t understand her reasoning, she was able to explain it to me and would listen to my viewpoint, as well.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2008 | flag