You may also like

Rate Dr. Tim P. Carlson

Dr. Tim P. Carlson's Ratings

I was informed by Dr. Morales' clinic staff that Dr. Carlson worked with women regarding hormones (in the past, Carlson had his own clinic, but got no business because Carlson kept pumping women for money to do lab work). I waited nearly two months for an appointment. At my visit, I was expected to pay $100 prior to seeing Dr. Carlson, which I did and met with Carlson. I requested oral hormones, but the Dr. insisted I work with Apothecary Pharmacy in Gulfport and use their hormonal creams. I explained I did not like using cream and wanted oral, which this pharmacy doesn't provide. Carlson said to get an oral dosage, I would need lab work to do so, I went to my clinic in my home state trying to send lab work to Carlson and requested he contact them for what lab work he needed. Carlson refused to follow through with my other clinic, he refused returning my phone calls, and even refused to talk to his own staff who couldn't understand why Carlson was ignoring them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Carlson kept me waiting for a total on 1 1/2 hours for my last visit ( 1 hour in the waiting room and 1/2 hour in the examining room.) As part of my blood work, he requested a $200 test for Vit. D, for which I have never before had a problem. I will NEVER go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr Carlson has become more and more late in seeing his patients. i've waited for over an hour past my appointment time several times now, including as the first patient of the day, and even when i am lead back to the room, i still end up waiting 20+ minutes. I was so fed up i walked out of my last appointment, and now i'm being told i need to have an appointment within the next 30 days before a refill request will be granted.... he has no open slots in the next 30 days. So, no only has he decided that his patients time is not valuable, but his policy will force me to go through withdraws symptoms on my sleeping medication for the third time in the last year because his office cannot get me a refill approval in a timely manner (can take as much as 9 days some times,) When you go to a doctor, you are paying for a service, and the service the doctor gives me is below par. On top of that, he is more likely to send you to a specialist then deal with any issue himself. His staff is lovely and i'm sure Doctor Morales is wonderful, but Dr Carlson will no longer be receiving my business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr Carlson is the most compassionate, listening and caring doc in town. He took time and was an accurate doc. All my family love him and my friends have the greatest trust, the "Best Doc in town". He loves our community and makes house calls. I am so glad I can trust my health to Dr. Carlson. He is the best physician

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2636642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2014

Sorry but this office has changed a lot in the past 10 years and it has NOT IMPROVED. The office has become a factory to make as much $ as possible. You are held hostage to get your prescriptions renewed and referral requests are hard to get...Dr. Carlson doesn't have the time for you or doesn't let you speak during the visit. If by chance you can put two words edgewise, he feels like he's being attacked and pounces back like a madman and he's a real bully. I quit, I'll go see someone that cares!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2583760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Myself and a family member decided to find a new doctor. My new doctor requested records, but the phone is always busy and nobody at the office returns calls. The "diagnosis" he makes up for patients are not true and primarily are just for getting paid. Hope things change for this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2464294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I went to this doctor because of the comments from others. I have had trouble getting through since I started in February. The phone is ALWAYS busy. They must take the phone off the hook. I am not exaggerating. They also close for lunch for 2 hours. Day of appt. recording said we are closed, then busy. Today had appt for specialist, Dr Tim never sent referral as requested last Wed. by specialist staff. Had to cancel appt because I can't get through to Dr Tim! This is unacceptable. Getting referral to specialist not my job! This is the normal, not the exception. He has a special number for "new"patients outside service, they couldn't get through either. If his staff doesn't have to do "new" patient issues, why can't they answer the phone at all. When I was at my appt with Dr Tim, I explained swelling in feet especially left one, he never even LOOKED at or addressed it. Had to address over phone 3 issues he never answered during visit. After much frustration, I'll find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2464292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

He has a wonderful bedside manner, really cares, very knowledgeable about alternatives. He takes time to listen and explain. Dr. Carlson takes very good care of me. I would never consider any other doctor. His staff and associates are tops too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2082383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

Dr. Carlson was very professional, I would recommend him to family and friends. The office was great. They were on time with my appointment and spent all the time I needed with the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2082382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

The Best Doc in Town. Dianose RIGHT the first time and saved me from ending up in Emergency surgery and even possible life threatening situation. The VERY best and is caring wonderful Doctor and Person. HIGHLY Recommend HIM.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2082381].votes_count ]]