Rate Dr. Ace Lipson

Dr. Ace Lipson's Ratings

A fine doctor and a thoughtful man, but his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He would do better to listen more and to talk less. His air of bravado and know-it-all-ness is always close by, and it interferes with the doctor-patient relationship. There's a lot of 'give' and not much 'take.' He seems consumed by his self-importance, and that is everyone's loss.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lipson is one of the best physicians I have. He is caring, listens, is very knowledgable about his expertise, extremely helpful when explaining care plan and treatment options. He is conscious about patient care as well as careful to carry through with treatment. He is someone you can trust to put your best interest first. His staff whom you have to go through to make appointments or give Dr Lipson information are rude, incompetent, and difficult to work with.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

He is a first-rate physician. I transferred a stack of records, lab results, and x-rays before my first visit, and when we sat down in his office he had already read everything and had taken copious notes. He took additional notes as we talked, and I got the sense that (1) he cares deeply about his patients and (2) strives to be as prepared and thorough as possible. By the time the appointment, including a thorough physical exam, had finished, he knew more about me than had any previous doctor, some of whom I had seen for years. I very highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

I complained to him (for many years) about severe muscle pain throughout my body. He had me taking Zocor(statin). I, yes I, suspected what was causing my unbearable pain: Zocor. After I stopped taking Zocor, all of the pain completely went away. Dr. Lipson NEVER even apologized. He should retire now. Do you want to be a victim too?

Submitted Aug. 23, 2012 | flag

Doctor is very good, staff atrocious: discourteous, unresponsive, surly.

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

Don't waste your time on others. i have never waited more than 5 minutes to see him. I had problems for YEARS and none of the other doctors could get it right. First time I saw him, and after a long discussion session and some ordered blood work, he diagnosed the problem and turned my health around. That was 10 years ago. Now have a new health problem that was nothing obvious. Once again, he was able to identify it with the right questions and the right tests. Calls me at home when necessary to discuss test results and next steps. Everyone has different experiences, but mine has been nothing but positive.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2012 | flag

Worth any $ and wait time because he will literally spend hours with you, if needed, to get the full picture of what's going on. He's one of the few good ones left willing to probe, investigate, and question until he finds the answer--and explain it to you, drawing pictures, etc. so you understand. If you have anything unusual that no one has been able to diagnose, you must see Dr. Lipson. It will be worth it! He will pour over your records as if they were his own, seeking even the smallest clue to figure out the problem. His office staff and lab techs (shared with other drs.) are not the nicest/most skilled (a couple of times to take blood), but he's the one you are there to see. His amazing knowledge and expertise and careful, thoughtful evaluations are worth every penny/minute! Very hard to find these days!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

DO NOT waste your time and money. There are younger and better schooled doctors out there.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

Best diagnostician in the DC medical community, I believe! Takes time with his patients and very thorough medical histories. Dr. Lipson is both an internist and an endocrinologist -- a very usual combination!! Highly recommend him even though is office staff could be nicer and more efficient.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lipson is a supurb doctor who worries me at times only because he works so hard I fear he may harm his own health to help mine. Absolute tops.

Submitted April 20, 2010 | flag