Rate Dr. Gilberto Acosta

Dr. Gilberto Acosta's Ratings

Very knowledgeable, caring, helpful. Easy to get an appointment within reasonable time. From the front office to Dr Acosta have understanding, compassion care. Dr Acosta has been a great help to getting my pain issues under control. I would and have recommended Dr Acosta.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2430558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I recently had my first appointment with this doctor. I originally was referred to Dr.s Mahaney and/or Micovic, but their schedules were so booked up, I went with this "Gilberto Acosta." I was unaware that I still had other choices. My wait time was about 50 minutes, not because this dr is so busy, but moreso because this dr is so slow. Once called back, I could here someone whispering how they'd wished Dr Acosta would stop making his patients wait to be seen, and stop texting all of his girlfriends. I was surprised to know he had girlfriends because I have a gay male friend who sees him in gay bars. Nonetheless, I found Dr. Acosta profoundly cold and uninterested in my well being. He looked down, took his notes, nodded his head a lot and then told his assistant to schedule me for a neck injection. The experience was just weird and I've decided to go back to see Dr. Hood and continue treatment there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I have been seen by Dr. Acosta for some time now. All I can say is, he is a doctor that really does care about the wellbeing of his patients. He shows great concern and is outstanding at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

I've had nothing but relief for the pain I have he is a very good doctor and would recommend him to anyone seeking relief

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

This "physician" is one of the most arrogant I've ever been to. My husband was with me at the time of my visit. Couldn't believe the lack of eye contact and quick review of my symptoms and needs for treatment. He was very quick to write out a prescription for medication for me, when I was really hoping I could possibly get an injection instead of getting drugs to take. He spent more time flirting with his assistant! Then I overheard staff talking about how he's bed hopping with several members of his staff and thought no one knew. What a sleaze. No further comment; unless you want more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I have been going to a couple of times now, well I live with a lot of pain no one could control the pain in my knee except Dr. Acosta.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

An excessive amount of paper work, most being for pain medication I was not seeking. Then After a long wait I finally got in to see Dr. Acosta. I couldn't believe that during the entire epidural procedure he was talking to his nurse about some guy he met at a party, instead of giving his full attention to the screen! After a few days the pain was starting to return, and after 3 weeks I was as bad off as before the procedure. This is unlike the approximate 1 year relief, and professional treatment, I received twice before from Dr. Saber in Minnesota.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

I was an inpatient and Dr. Acosta was brought in. I have been in pain management for over 10 years and always been treated with dignity and respect (I am 52 years old with severe and sundry health issues). Dr. Acosta treated me like a drug addict (I have never used recreational drugs -- don't even drink, and am a devout Christian) and had them put on my chart that I am a malingerer. Very tricky of me to fake that 106-degree fever. Dr. Acosta, try to remember that patients not only pay your salary but are people too, and usually already very miserable due to the condition bringing them to you. Although I am sure there are drug seekers out there, those of us who detest the fact that we must live on medication do not deserve to be penalized for those few.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. G. Acosta is wonderful! He doesn't make you feel rushed when seeing him. He listens, is very thorough in discussion and always has my well-being as priority. Dr. Acosta doesn't start out overly aggressive with treatment at first. He treats my pain from the point of view of how it effects me as an invidual; therefore he achieves more pain relief success! I trust his treatment. He is one of the most knowledgable, kindest physicians I have EVER had! He really care about his patients..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

Dr Acosta is a very good pain specialist. He's a by the book very strict pain Dr. I've been using him for 6 yrs now. He's treated me in the office, & after surgery in the hospital. Never waited more then 15 min @ appt's. His staff is very efficient & that's in Cape Coral, & Ft Myers. He'll do all he can to treat your pain, by finding the best treatment available, but not the type that will raise your dose in order to do so. He always has your best interest at heart. He knows his business & does it well ! Very quiet guy, but will answer your questions & give you the time you require @ appts. My opinion ... best choice in the area !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872167].votes_count ]]