Dr. Gilberto Acosta

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 08/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Gilberto Acosta has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 5494867
26/05/14 5 3 5 5 Very knowledgeable, caring, helpful. Easy to get an appointment within reasonable time. From the front office to Dr Acosta have understanding, compassion care. Dr Acosta has been a great help to getting my pain issues under control. I would and have recommended Dr Acosta.
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 5175789
12/02/14 4 1 2 2 I recently had my first appointment with this doctor. I originally was referred to Dr.s Mahaney and/or Micovic, but their schedules were so booked up, I went with this "Gilberto Acosta." I was unaware that I still had other choices. My wait time was about 50 minutes, not because this dr is so busy, but moreso because this dr is so slow. Once called back, I could here someone whispering how they'd wished Dr Acosta would stop making his patients wait to be seen, and stop texting all of his girlfriends. I was surprised to know he had girlfriends because I have a gay male friend who sees him in gay bars. Nonetheless, I found Dr. Acosta profoundly cold and uninterested in my well being. He looked down, took his notes, nodded his head a lot and then told his assistant to schedule me for a neck injection. The experience was just weird and I've decided to go back to see Dr. Hood and continue treatment there.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 5173239
11/02/14 5 5 5 5 I have been seen by Dr. Acosta for some time now. All I can say is, he is a doctor that really does care about the wellbeing of his patients. He shows great concern and is outstanding at what he does.
RID: 3818181
21/01/14 4 5 4 5 I've had nothing but relief for the pain I have he is a very good doctor and would recommend him to anyone seeking relief
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 2716923

24/07/13 3 1 1 2 This "physician" is one of the most arrogant I've ever been to. My husband was with me at the time of my visit. Couldn't believe the lack of eye contact and quick review of my symptoms and needs for treatment. He was very quick to write out a prescription for medication for me, when I was really hoping I could possibly get an injection instead of getting drugs to take. He spent more time flirting with his assistant! Then I overheard staff talking about how he's bed hopping with several members of his staff and thought no one knew. What a sleaze. No further comment; unless you want more.
RID: 2680861
17/06/13 4 3 3 3 I have been going to a couple of times now, well I live with a lot of pain no one could control the pain in my knee except Dr. Acosta.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2437249
02/10/12 1 1 3 3 An excessive amount of paper work, most being for pain medication I was not seeking. Then After a long wait I finally got in to see Dr. Acosta. I couldn't believe that during the entire epidural procedure he was talking to his nurse about some guy he met at a party, instead of giving his full attention to the screen! After a few days the pain was starting to return, and after 3 weeks I was as bad off as before the procedure. This is unlike the approximate 1 year relief, and professional treatment, I received twice before from Dr. Saber in Minnesota.  Respond
RID: 1749026

16/03/12 3 3 1 2 I was an inpatient and Dr. Acosta was brought in. I have been in pain management for over 10 years and always been treated with dignity and respect (I am 52 years old with severe and sundry health issues). Dr. Acosta treated me like a drug addict (I have never used recreational drugs -- don't even drink, and am a devout Christian) and had them put on my chart that I am a malingerer. Very tricky of me to fake that 106-degree fever. Dr. Acosta, try to remember that patients not only pay your salary but are people too, and usually already very miserable due to the condition bringing them to you. Although I am sure there are drug seekers out there, those of us who detest the fact that we must live on medication do not deserve to be penalized for those few.
RID: 1642963
23/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. G. Acosta is wonderful! He doesn't make you feel rushed when seeing him. He listens, is very thorough in discussion and always has my well-being as priority. Dr. Acosta doesn't start out overly aggressive with treatment at first. He treats my pain from the point of view of how it effects me as an invidual; therefore he achieves more pain relief success! I trust his treatment. He is one of the most knowledgable, kindest physicians I have EVER had! He really care about his patients..
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
See Responses
RID: 1515192
17/08/11 4 5 5 5 Dr Acosta is a very good pain specialist. He's a by the book very strict pain Dr. I've been using him for 6 yrs now. He's treated me in the office, & after surgery in the hospital. Never waited more then 15 min @ appt's. His staff is very efficient & that's in Cape Coral, & Ft Myers. He'll do all he can to treat your pain, by finding the best treatment available, but not the type that will raise your dose in order to do so. He always has your best interest at heart. He knows his business & does it well ! Very quiet guy, but will answer your questions & give you the time you require @ appts. My opinion ... best choice in the area !
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 835272
19/03/09 3 5 5 5 I have coplicated pain issues and Dr Acosta's care has been life changing for me. I found him compasionate and nonjudgemental.I am so pleased that I found him!!!
RID: 777823
31/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Acosta has been my doctor for five years and I think he is wonderful.
RID: 651130
29/07/08 5 4 5 5 I too also had dependency issues with pain medication while going to this doctor. However, he did not treat me badly. Rather, he treated me the opposite. He told me things do happen, and it is easy to get addicted. He isn't really talkative, but that is okay. I asked him not to give up on me, and he never has.
RID: 523073
15/02/08 2 4 1 3 At first this doctor treated me fine, unfortunatley, after he found out that I had (had) issues with dependancy on prescription medication, he treated me as if i were the scum of the earth. His staff nurse treated me the same. I guess, this doctor and his staff, feel that nobody should ever get a second chance. Shame on you Dr Acosta!  Respond
RID: 39999
09/08/06 5 5 5 After going through one pain management specialist who gave up on me, I was referred to Dr. Acosta. Dr. Acosta has a great bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. He's quite knowlegable in his field and up to date on procedures. I have to say, he's is one of my favorite doctors of all time.