You may also like

Rate Dr. Gilberto Acosta

Dr. Gilberto Acosta's Ratings

I am seeing a lot of mixed reviews but this was my experience with Dr. Acosta. I am sure he is knowledgeable but I have had bad experiences every time I see him or try to anyway. It took a little over an hour to be seen from my scheduled appointment the first time I ever saw him. I felt he rushed through seeing me and I was not too thrilled with him. They gave me a diagram and wanted me to show were my pain was. I circled lower back, upper back, knee, and neck. This is where my pain is. He seemed annoyed that I circled anything other than my lower back. I told him the question told me to circle where I was experiencing pain. He informed me with an annoyed tone that he was only dealing with one problem at a time. I realize I was being seen for my lower back but it seems to me it should be relevant that I had other back issues and to appear annoyed is ridiculous. He decided I needed a steroid shot. When I was scheduling the shot; they told me he would not be available for four weeks because he was taking a vacation. I scheduled the procedure with a different doctor. This first appointment was in March.
The procedure went good. It did not take any time at all to be brought back. The nurse was exceptional. Only problem I had was they had me lying face down and when the doctor came in to start the procedure I never met her or saw what she looked like. She never introduced herself to me and left before I was helped up.
My follow up was again with Dr. Acosta. My appointment was for 11:30. I was there and checked in at 11:10. I was not brought back until 1:00. Thirty minutes after the nurse left, another nurse came in and asked if I wanted to see someone else. They took me into a small closet room to see the nurse practitioner. I very much liked Brenda Listowski; she actually listened and put in her recommendation for Dr. Acosta to do another steroid shot and also said she recommended addressing the pain in my neck, upper back, and knee.
When I went to schedule the procedure, the checkout person told me Dr. Acosta was taking a vacation and I either had to wait or have another doctor do the procedure. This second visit was yesterday April 22nd. I’m not sure how Dr. Acosta expects to see patients with two vacations a month apart or why the office would schedule a new patient with a doctor that was scheduled to take two vacations so close to me starting to see him.
Dr. Acosta’s nurse told me Dr. Acosta was overbooked. I think this happens more times than not. So far, every interaction with Dr. Acosta has been negative. The only reason I am staying with this office is because Dr. Pena did do an amazing job with my procedure even if I still have no clue on what she looks like and it takes months to get in to see anyone else. I think my next follow up will be with Brenda.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr.Acosta for a little over a year and I have never heard any of his staff talk about him texting or anything else I have read in these comments. Dr. Acosta is a great Doctor ! He is very knowledgable and doesn't give up . When one treatment doesn't work he keeps trying until he finds one that does. Some of the staff are not the friendliest, but there are a few that are great! I would recommend him to anyone !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2767324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Very knowledgeable, caring, helpful. Easy to get an appointment within reasonable time. From the front office to Dr Acosta have understanding, compassion care. Dr Acosta has been a great help to getting my pain issues under control. I would and have recommended Dr Acosta.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2430558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

I recently had my first appointment with this doctor. I originally was referred to Dr.s Mahaney and/or Micovic, but their schedules were so booked up, I went with this "Gilberto Acosta." I was unaware that I still had other choices. My wait time was about 50 minutes, not because this dr is so busy, but moreso because this dr is so slow. Once called back, I could here someone whispering how they'd wished Dr Acosta would stop making his patients wait to be seen, and stop texting all of his girlfriends. I was surprised to know he had girlfriends because I have a gay male friend who sees him in gay bars. Nonetheless, I found Dr. Acosta profoundly cold and uninterested in my well being. He looked down, took his notes, nodded his head a lot and then told his assistant to schedule me for a neck injection. The experience was just weird and I've decided to go back to see Dr. Hood and continue treatment there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I have been seen by Dr. Acosta for some time now. All I can say is, he is a doctor that really does care about the wellbeing of his patients. He shows great concern and is outstanding at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

I've had nothing but relief for the pain I have he is a very good doctor and would recommend him to anyone seeking relief

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

This "physician" is one of the most arrogant I've ever been to. My husband was with me at the time of my visit. Couldn't believe the lack of eye contact and quick review of my symptoms and needs for treatment. He was very quick to write out a prescription for medication for me, when I was really hoping I could possibly get an injection instead of getting drugs to take. He spent more time flirting with his assistant! Then I overheard staff talking about how he's bed hopping with several members of his staff and thought no one knew. What a sleaze. No further comment; unless you want more.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I have been going to a couple of times now, well I live with a lot of pain no one could control the pain in my knee except Dr. Acosta.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

An excessive amount of paper work, most being for pain medication I was not seeking. Then After a long wait I finally got in to see Dr. Acosta. I couldn't believe that during the entire epidural procedure he was talking to his nurse about some guy he met at a party, instead of giving his full attention to the screen! After a few days the pain was starting to return, and after 3 weeks I was as bad off as before the procedure. This is unlike the approximate 1 year relief, and professional treatment, I received twice before from Dr. Saber in Minnesota.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

I was an inpatient and Dr. Acosta was brought in. I have been in pain management for over 10 years and always been treated with dignity and respect (I am 52 years old with severe and sundry health issues). Dr. Acosta treated me like a drug addict (I have never used recreational drugs -- don't even drink, and am a devout Christian) and had them put on my chart that I am a malingerer. Very tricky of me to fake that 106-degree fever. Dr. Acosta, try to remember that patients not only pay your salary but are people too, and usually already very miserable due to the condition bringing them to you. Although I am sure there are drug seekers out there, those of us who detest the fact that we must live on medication do not deserve to be penalized for those few.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][872174].votes_count ]]