Dr. Sean A. Deitch

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Sean A. Deitch has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Emergency / Critical-related: car accidents, broken bones, unexpected injury, sudden illness, life support, end of life, critical illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Sean" to "Sean A."
RID: 2159815
24/05/12 5 5 5 5 I don't like doctors at all and I hate going to the hospital, but I must confess that Dr. Deitch made an unpleasant day and evening a bit more tolerable. He is obviously an excellent medical doctor.  Respond
RID: 1378476
04/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Deitch treated an elderly family member with care, concern, respect and a high degree of professionalism. His diagnosis of "sundowners syndrome" was very helpful in setting us on a track for treatment. His candor and openness in dealing with us was refreshing and we never had the impression he was talking "at us" rather he was dealing with us as he would one of his loved-ones. Dr. Deitch is a credit to Scripps-La Jolla.  Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1211119
19/07/10 5 5 5 5 I will say this in as few words as possible. Thank GOD for Dr. Deitch. With possible heart failure looming in my very near future, he thoughtfully, quickly and compassionately SAVED my life. GOD bless you Dr. Deitch.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1188638
13/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Deitch treated my wife for an acute eye infection today and was courteous, respectful, and caring.  Respond
RID: 1113007
23/02/10 4 3 1 4 Dr. Deitch, while qualified and competent has to be the most self possesed, self important a-hole I've ever encountered in a hospital. He thinks he's God, and made me feel like I was wasting his precious time. I don't need my MD to be my friend, but this guy makes you feel like he knows he's better than you, and you should just be thankful you're allowed to be in his presence. If you do end up assigned to him in the ER, pray it's nothing that may require a personal touch or compassion (like a death or serious prognosis) because this guy only gives a damn if you look like a supermodel. Ask for a different doctor. ANY doctor. Sadly, many of his co-workers feel the same way, as I found out when I commented on his demeanor. The nurse replied, "Yeah, he's a good doctor. But he's also the biggest prick in this hospital." I kid you not! Oh and by the way, $50 bucks says if he read this, he'd not only care less, but would agree with me.
RID: 851067
02/04/09 5 5 5 5 Sean Deitch is an amazingly efficient and caring emergency room physician. In 2008 a friend of mine suffered an injury that needed immediate attention. That day the emergency department was extremely busy (which we could tell by the waiting room full of people and the steady stream of more "emergent" patients from the ambulances). Dr. Deitch was very thorough in his exam and he answered all of our questions. He made it seem like my friend was the only patient that he was seeing. Dr Deitch clearly explained the results of all the tests and gave my friend excellent advice and counseling. If you are ever unfortunate enough to need the emergency room I would highly recommend Dr. Deitch or his coworkers at Scripps La Jolla.
RID: 749259
24/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Deitch is the best doctor! He's kind, compassionate and listens to your needs.
RID: 521910
23/02/08 1 1 1 1 he was uncaring and incompetent in the service he gave to his patients.
* - Rating left by a registered user