Rate Dr. Sean A. Deitch

Dr. Sean A. Deitch's Ratings

I don't like doctors at all and I hate going to the hospital, but I must confess that Dr. Deitch made an unpleasant day and evening a bit more tolerable. He is obviously an excellent medical doctor.

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Deitch treated an elderly family member with care, concern, respect and a high degree of professionalism. His diagnosis of "sundowners syndrome" was very helpful in setting us on a track for treatment. His candor and openness in dealing with us was refreshing and we never had the impression he was talking "at us" rather he was dealing with us as he would one of his loved-ones. Dr. Deitch is a credit to Scripps-La Jolla.

Submitted March 4, 2011 | flag

I will say this in as few words as possible. Thank GOD for Dr. Deitch. With possible heart failure looming in my very near future, he thoughtfully, quickly and compassionately SAVED my life. GOD bless you Dr. Deitch.

Submitted July 19, 2010 | flag

Dr. Deitch treated my wife for an acute eye infection today and was courteous, respectful, and caring.

Submitted June 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Deitch, while qualified and competent has to be the most self possesed, self important a-hole I've ever encountered in a hospital. He thinks he's God, and made me feel like I was wasting his precious time. I don't need my MD to be my friend, but this guy makes you feel like he knows he's better than you, and you should just be thankful you're allowed to be in his presence. If you do end up assigned to him in the ER, pray it's nothing that may require a personal touch or compassion (like a death or serious prognosis) because this guy only gives a damn if you look like a supermodel. Ask for a different doctor. ANY doctor. Sadly, many of his co-workers feel the same way, as I found out when I commented on his demeanor. The nurse replied, "Yeah, he's a good doctor. But he's also the biggest prick in this hospital." I kid you not! Oh and by the way, $50 bucks says if he read this, he'd not only care less, but would agree with me.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2010 | flag

Sean Deitch is an amazingly efficient and caring emergency room physician. In 2008 a friend of mine suffered an injury that needed immediate attention. That day the emergency department was extremely busy (which we could tell by the waiting room full of people and the steady stream of more "emergent" patients from the ambulances). Dr. Deitch was very thorough in his exam and he answered all of our questions. He made it seem like my friend was the only patient that he was seeing. Dr Deitch clearly explained the results of all the tests and gave my friend excellent advice and counseling. If you are ever unfortunate enough to need the emergency room I would highly recommend Dr. Deitch or his coworkers at Scripps La Jolla.

Submitted April 2, 2009 | flag

Dr. Deitch is the best doctor! He's kind, compassionate and listens to your needs.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2008 | flag

he was uncaring and incompetent in the service he gave to his patients.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2008 | flag