Rate Dr. Mark Wiesen

Dr. Mark Wiesen's Ratings

Dr. Wiesen is, in my opinion, a bad doctor and should be avoided. I went there with the specific purpose to have my pancreas checked at the request of my regular doctor. Dr. Wiesen did not do that. Instead, he prescribed medications he KNEW I was allergic to because I told him I was allergic to them. He did not listen to anything I had to say, and was completely dismissive of my request and knowledge about my own health including my allergies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Have been to this dr. 4 times in the past year. Took time off from work, because his appointment schedule in clifton location is very limited. The first 3 times I waited an hour to be seen, and the last appointment in early July 2014 I waited an hour and a half! I sat in the waiting room for atleast an hour and was then called back and told he would be in in a few minutes. After another half hour I came out and asked the front desk staff if he was even there. They barely responded to me, and then I said "I've been waiting 1-1/2 hours!! Dr. Wiessen came in shortly after that, without even an apology! Although he seems competent, I really don't like doctors who feel that their time is more valuable than their patients'. And the office staff is not overly helpful either. I will be looking around for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. Wiesen started this practice. When there were 2 physicians in the old location the office ran fine. I have tried calling this office many times in a month regarding a RX and the lines are always busy. Leave message and you will never get a call unless it is for an appointment and that will be days later. While sitting in the office all I heard was the staff talking about personal business. Maybe if the girls in the Clifton office did less talking and more working we would be able to make appointments, get our prescriptions, and receive calls back when we have questions regarding results. I don't only blame the Doctor for this but most important the Office Manager needs to be able to control the staff! I will be looking for another Doctor soon...weeks waiting for an answer without medication is something I take seriously!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. M. Wiessen, in my judgment and experience, is highly competent and pleasant to talk to. He thoroughly looks at the data and explains everything very clearly. Bu touching my throat he determined I had an enlarged thyroid which was confirmed by ultrasound with a diagnosis of multi-nodular goiter. He explained the blood work showed normal thyroid functioning and he said all we have to do is to monitor for any future changes via blood work and US. As I was concerned, I went to the Thyroid Clinic of Columbia University in New York and ther a specialist who is a highly rated thytoid surgeon performed himself an US and confirmed Dr. Wiessen diagnosis of multi-nodular goiter (meaning I have many many (>21) tiny cysts in the throid. This specialist explained that typically that type of nodules are not malignous (=none cancerous), further he explained a single larger nodule has a higher likehood of becoming malignous. He recommended to continue monitoring with my endocrinologist via lab work and US.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Please people look into these doctors and these replies before going. In this case they're right on the money. I tried going to both offices while the younger girls in Teaneck office are caring and much more helpful than the obnoxious and ignorant staff in his Clifton office the lack of care remained the same!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

This was a terrible experience. I made a list of symptoms to discuss with the dr and he just dismiSsed them.I left the office crying and the office staff had to calm me down. I will never see drweisen again. The staff really helped me and have me am appointment with a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

Office staff is the pits. Scheduled me in Clifton and had me come into his Teaneck office. Sayonara Dr Wiesen. No Doctor is worth that abuse. Hire competent staff next time and maybe you will retain patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2013

Perfunctory responses to specific questions left patient with negative reactions to entire experience; while not the worst, would not recommend Dr. Weisen to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I go to Dr weisen I have a nodule on my thyroid but he said it is nothing to be concerned about and it is so small . I had thyroid levels would go up and down and he said that eventually it would go back to normal which it did. He gives me a complete blood tests once a year and he looked at my levels and he stated that I need to go see a liver specialist ( this test was included in my complete blood work that Dr weisen sent me for. No other Dr told me to go to a liver specialist all the other Drs said my liver test even though it was a little high just passed it off. I am glad Dr weisen was smarted enough to send me to a liver specialist since now I am on medication for PBC. If It wasn't for Dr weisen I might of never known I glad this disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

I made an appt with Dr. Wiesen and that was my first mistake. He is robotic. He time was limited with me, did not even try resolve my symptoms. His answer to me was a sheet of paper he handed me that have a long list of all the illnesses I can expect and be prone to with thyroid disease. Of course one of them was diabetes which I don't have and never had. (I am in my 50's). It was depressing to say the least. If he was going to print out anything it shoukd be what vitamins I should be taking, taking my meds 1 hour before eating food etc, something helpful. Instead, he couldn't be bothered to even discuss my concerns. Awful doctor, I would never advise anyone to go to him. And the staff - horrible. I tried to get my prescription filled, they never called it in to my pharmacy!! This is after I called them 6 times!! I had my family doctor call it in for me. This doctor and office staff are just a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873779].votes_count ]]