Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas

Rate Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas

Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas's Ratings

I wanted to like her. I wanted her to help my wife get on the road to recovery from a long term illness. And the truth is, she may possess the knowledge to do so, however, we could not get past the demeanor of her or her office help. In 2014 to lack the ability or desire to fax/email results, answer questions or clearly define "fee schedule" ahead of services rendered, it leaves a lot to be desired. I find Dr. Lucas and her office assistant to be more concerned about money and less with helping or explaining anything to the patient. While I understand this is a business and we all work to make money, continually telling a patient about the financial end of things I have never encountered with a Dr. The average appointment with Dr. Lucas cost's over $450.00 - I would recommend asking for her charges and timetables ahead of services.

It also seems as though, as a patient, you are guided to their ART treatments, not covered by any insurance. When we didn't get the most comforting feeling about continuing with this Dr. we cancelled our appointment to review the blood tests received that day and see how we were going to proceed. The next day a letter from her office was sent indicating to stop anything we were directed from her office and stating it was obvious that were going elsewhere for care. This is a pretty bold assumption from a cancelled appointment. However, it did lead to the decision to not return. Upon contacting her office and asking for the ART treatment notes and other notes to be sent to primary care Dr. we were informed these had been shredded and since there was no need to retain them.

Maybe she is able to help with Lymes disease and she may be a fantastic Dr. However, in treating patients who have been suffering for years and being unwilling to assist in a road to recovery I can not recommend her for treatment.

This is my personal opinion, and everyone has their own. Keep in mind I'm not judging the person, just the services rendered.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2604425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr. Lucas is a wonderful and caring doctor. I would highly recommend her to family members and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

I saw Dr. L for 2 years. Her receptionist can be mean but I could deal with that. What I can't deal with is a Dr who is not up to speed on current treatment. Her treatment protocols are quite out of date compared to other Lyme docs who are the leaders in the field. I had to ask about supplements that are being used all over the country with good results and then she agreed with me. With Artemisinin she prescribes 3 week on and 1 week off. There are now studies that show after 3 days on, the stomach produces an enzyme that makes it ineffective. It should be 3 days on, 11 days off for best results. This is one example of her not keeping up with the times. I will say her prices are comparable to others. She always responded to my phone calls especially if I was having an emergency. I like Dr. L as a person but I think she needs to update her treatment plans. The new muscle testing that she is doing is a complete sham. Money making scheme. Be knowledgable before seeing her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

I saw Dr. Lucas from 2004-2007. Her secretary was rude, and Dr. L was cold. I had contracted lyme 3 mos before first seeing her, not gotten correct treatment. The lyme had disseminated. Despite that, she treated me with antibiotics for the First 2 yrs. She finally started me on IV antibiotics in 2006, not until I'd lost a total of 6 mos work on 2 different jobs. By then, it was very difficult to treat. I finally was mostly free of the severe pain in all my muscles, especially neck, shoulders and back after 6 wks of antibiotics. She then stopped treatment after 2 more weeks. I relapsed in another 2-3 wks. She was distrustful that I relapsed. Then she wanted my to take a med for a co-infection, which was well known for causing tendon rupture. I refused to take it. I said let's try something else. She said I can't help you anymore. I spent a fortune, and have been w/o a lyme doc since then. Am in severe pain in muscles and all joints. I would never recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][873942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I just cancelled my appointment. A red flag went up when her rude office manager left me two voice mails a week prior to my appointment. Jan said if I didn't call back before COB (7 days prior to appt.) that she would take me of the schedule......THANK GOD I DID NOT GO HERE for my lyme LITERATE MD. I was about to shell out somewhere around $1500.00. $700.00 for the initial appt. and another 700-800 for IGENEX tests - so Jan said anyway.... UGH I agree Jan is a BULLY and I never even met her.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I have been seeing dr. lucas for about a year now...and lets just say i dont feel any better then i did when i started. I dont feel she is very lyme literate. I have had several health issues arise from her treatment and everytime something goes wrong she pretends I am the only patient that she has seen have an issue. I have personally witnessed her and Jan talk about other patients in front of me and not in a good way. I feel so upset that I have waisted thousand of dollars. They are in it for the money and nothing else. Dr.lucas is not compassionate, and makes me feel like its my fault i am not getting better. I also believe she has treated me for coinfections that i never had to again get more money. I am now looking for a new lyme doctor and I hope you do too. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I am just as sick as ever and thousands of dollars poorer. :( and by the way..jan is rude, and a bully. I dont think any patient should get treated this way. its disgusting!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][873944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2011

I have seen Dr. Lucas for the treatment of Lyme Disease. I wish people would really listen to these reviews. She has a FAIR rating which is pretty poor. She is really about money, thats it. She charges outrageous prices. She is very vague and can't answer any of my questions. She has given me no supplements except for a multi-vitamin. She lists that she uses naturopathic medicine, but I've never seen her do so. I would not recommend her based on price, knowledge and personality. The patients that like her must really kiss her butt otherwise she seems to not like you. Not personable and isn't competent. Find another who addresses all of your concerns and tells you how to get better, not just pushes meds.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I contracted Lyme 20 yrs. ago and consulted this dr. for approx. 5 yrs. Initially very helpful until the unscrupulous office policies and fees were implemented in the last several yrs. (which Jan is probably the architect of). The fact that this behaviour is encouraged by her continued employment there calls the dr's ethics into question. I suspect Jan works on commission.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][873939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I strongly caution against seeing Dr. Lucas. I know lyme doctors are hard to find but she is just in it for the money. Not compassionate at all. Prices are ridiculous and unfair, especially for people who have already spent so much trying to get better. Her office manager, Jan, is terribly rude and mean-spirited and they talk about patients behind their backs. Dr. Lucas is somewhat knowledgable about lyme, but she pushes pharmaceuticals and her knowledge about herbal and natural remedies is limited. It's unfortunate that there are doctors still like this today...they see a population that is desperate for help and they prey on that desperation. Please think twice about going to see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][873938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr Lucas is kind, patient, intelligent, and thorough. Her nurse, Jan, is as well. Dr Lucas is ILADS-trained under Dr Joseph Burrascano, and she's THE doctor who finally saw & treats my late-stage chronic Lyme neuroborreliosis and babesiosis. We'll treat bartonellosis soon. At my 1st appt, I was so disabled by Lyme disease I could no longer drive, had lots of fibromyalgia pain, trouble reading, writing, thinking, speaking. . .Lyme! After decades of decline due to Lyme symptoms brushed off by my PCP and others, I'm improving with Dr Lucas' help! I have complete faith in her ability to wisely treat LD and get me into long-term remission. When I head to her office, I know I am going to be with a true healer. Jan keeps lights in the waiting room dimmed to provide a more comforting space for those with LD suffering from photosensitivity.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873937].votes_count ]]