Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas

Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas

Rate Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas

Dr. Elisabeth K. Lucas's Ratings

I saw Dr. L for 2 years. Her receptionist can be mean but I could deal with that. What I can't deal with is a Dr who is not up to speed on current treatment. Her treatment protocols are quite out of date compared to other Lyme docs who are the leaders in the field. I had to ask about supplements that are being used all over the country with good results and then she agreed with me. With Artemisinin she prescribes 3 week on and 1 week off. There are now studies that show after 3 days on, the stomach produces an enzyme that makes it ineffective. It should be 3 days on, 11 days off for best results. This is one example of her not keeping up with the times. I will say her prices are comparable to others. She always responded to my phone calls especially if I was having an emergency. I like Dr. L as a person but I think she needs to update her treatment plans. The new muscle testing that she is doing is a complete sham. Money making scheme. Be knowledgable before seeing her.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr. Lucas from 2004-2007. Her secretary was rude, and Dr. L was cold. I had contracted lyme 3 mos before first seeing her, not gotten correct treatment. The lyme had disseminated. Despite that, she treated me with antibiotics for the First 2 yrs. She finally started me on IV antibiotics in 2006, not until I'd lost a total of 6 mos work on 2 different jobs. By then, it was very difficult to treat. I finally was mostly free of the severe pain in all my muscles, especially neck, shoulders and back after 6 wks of antibiotics. She then stopped treatment after 2 more weeks. I relapsed in another 2-3 wks. She was distrustful that I relapsed. Then she wanted my to take a med for a co-infection, which was well known for causing tendon rupture. I refused to take it. I said let's try something else. She said I can't help you anymore. I spent a fortune, and have been w/o a lyme doc since then. Am in severe pain in muscles and all joints. I would never recommend her.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

I just cancelled my appointment. A red flag went up when her rude office manager left me two voice mails a week prior to my appointment. Jan said if I didn't call back before COB (7 days prior to appt.) that she would take me of the schedule......THANK GOD I DID NOT GO HERE for my lyme LITERATE MD. I was about to shell out somewhere around $1500.00. $700.00 for the initial appt. and another 700-800 for IGENEX tests - so Jan said anyway.... UGH I agree Jan is a BULLY and I never even met her.....

Submitted April 3, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing dr. lucas for about a year now...and lets just say i dont feel any better then i did when i started. I dont feel she is very lyme literate. I have had several health issues arise from her treatment and everytime something goes wrong she pretends I am the only patient that she has seen have an issue. I have personally witnessed her and Jan talk about other patients in front of me and not in a good way. I feel so upset that I have waisted thousand of dollars. They are in it for the money and nothing else. Dr.lucas is not compassionate, and makes me feel like its my fault i am not getting better. I also believe she has treated me for coinfections that i never had to again get more money. I am now looking for a new lyme doctor and I hope you do too. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I am just as sick as ever and thousands of dollars poorer. :( and by the way..jan is rude, and a bully. I dont think any patient should get treated this way. its disgusting!

Submitted Aug. 24, 2011 | flag

I have seen Dr. Lucas for the treatment of Lyme Disease. I wish people would really listen to these reviews. She has a FAIR rating which is pretty poor. She is really about money, thats it. She charges outrageous prices. She is very vague and can't answer any of my questions. She has given me no supplements except for a multi-vitamin. She lists that she uses naturopathic medicine, but I've never seen her do so. I would not recommend her based on price, knowledge and personality. The patients that like her must really kiss her butt otherwise she seems to not like you. Not personable and isn't competent. Find another who addresses all of your concerns and tells you how to get better, not just pushes meds.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

I contracted Lyme 20 yrs. ago and consulted this dr. for approx. 5 yrs. Initially very helpful until the unscrupulous office policies and fees were implemented in the last several yrs. (which Jan is probably the architect of). The fact that this behaviour is encouraged by her continued employment there calls the dr's ethics into question. I suspect Jan works on commission.

Submitted July 1, 2011 | flag

I strongly caution against seeing Dr. Lucas. I know lyme doctors are hard to find but she is just in it for the money. Not compassionate at all. Prices are ridiculous and unfair, especially for people who have already spent so much trying to get better. Her office manager, Jan, is terribly rude and mean-spirited and they talk about patients behind their backs. Dr. Lucas is somewhat knowledgable about lyme, but she pushes pharmaceuticals and her knowledge about herbal and natural remedies is limited. It's unfortunate that there are doctors still like this today...they see a population that is desperate for help and they prey on that desperation. Please think twice about going to see this doctor.

Submitted June 23, 2011 | flag

Dr Lucas is kind, patient, intelligent, and thorough. Her nurse, Jan, is as well. Dr Lucas is ILADS-trained under Dr Joseph Burrascano, and she's THE doctor who finally saw & treats my late-stage chronic Lyme neuroborreliosis and babesiosis. We'll treat bartonellosis soon. At my 1st appt, I was so disabled by Lyme disease I could no longer drive, had lots of fibromyalgia pain, trouble reading, writing, thinking, speaking. . .Lyme! After decades of decline due to Lyme symptoms brushed off by my PCP and others, I'm improving with Dr Lucas' help! I have complete faith in her ability to wisely treat LD and get me into long-term remission. When I head to her office, I know I am going to be with a true healer. Jan keeps lights in the waiting room dimmed to provide a more comforting space for those with LD suffering from photosensitivity.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2010 | flag

I have Dr. Lucas to thank for giving me my life back. I have been very sick for the past 5 years with Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, and Lyme. Not only has she been SPOT ON with what ABX combos for me to take, but also what alternative herbal supplements to take with them also. I am allergic to Penicillin and I cannot have any IV PIccs again. My Infectious Disease Dr. ordered 2 IV PIccs years ago and I developed blood clots in my jugular and my arm and was hospitalized. Dr. Lucas is also treating both my daughters age 23 and 19 with great success. My husband will probably be next. Jan her nurse has a very tough job not only running Dr. Lucas' office doing all the appointments, lab work, paperwork, etc. but also dealing with patients that sometimes just don't get it and don't follow instructions. I have been seeing Dr. Lucas since March 2009 and my progress as been amazing. I come to her office 3X a month driving myself and my 2 daughters 1 1/2 hours each way for our appointments.

Submitted June 11, 2010 | flag

Dr Lucas is very knowledgeable when it comes to Lyme disease but is in the practice for the money. She doesn't accept any insurance, charges an additional $115.00 for every 15 min. your 30 min. appt goes over. When medical issues develop, she acts like she has no idea what is going on. I guess this is her protection in case of any law suits. Her secretary is very nasty and obnoxious. They talk about other patients behind their backs and have even spoken to me about other patients. Very unprofessional group. They charge unbeleivably for every service they preform. I was charged 350.00 to setup a home nurse. I found out later from the nurse that all they had to do was make a phone call.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag